[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Would the home page look better if it were like this? : Suggestions / Feedback • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Would the home page look better if it were like this?

Post suggestions, ideas and feedback for SCEPCOP and this website. Propose and coordinate projects, plans, articles, site improvements, etc. Requests for new boards can be made here too.

Would the home page look better if it were like this?

Postby Scepcop » 26 Dec 2009, 00:31

Hi all,
Check out what Purplescissors put together as a new design for the home page! Looks nifty huh? What do you think? Would the home page look better if it were like this?

Note: Use the up/down, left/right scroll bars to see the whole image.

Capture_12202009_175623.jpg
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Would the home page look better if it were like this?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 26 Dec 2009, 04:28

That's quite nice but it's stark with the black and white. I like the color.
NinjaPuppy

Latest topics box at the top of the home page

Postby Scepcop » 24 Aug 2010, 03:38

I just put the latest forum topics box at the top of the home page, set it to show 15 latest topics, and rearranged a few other things too. So now you can see the latest 15 topics in this forum, at the top of the home page.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com

Does the new arrangement look better?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Craig Browning » 24 Aug 2010, 22:32

I like it... I just wish there was some way of making things look less "cluttered'... that's the only way I can describe things; the page is very busy and needs to be tames a bit. I'll try to find some time over the next few days to generate some ideas for you to consider... my only focus being to make the "entrance" to the site "cleaner" and initial navigation 'easier"... if that's alright with you.
Craig Browning

Postby Scepcop » 25 Aug 2010, 03:09

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 25 Aug 2010, 05:12

I have a question!!!
After looking at the home page, I noticed that your "Committee" includes such people as Brian Josephson, John Benneth, and Victor Zammit. I did a search on all of their posts and it appears that they total.....drum roll....one (1). Between all of them.
I have over 2,000 posts. Now, I realize that many of my posts are not very, shall we say, scientific. However, it appears that I am at least contributing to your Forum, more so than those listed on your home page. So, the question I have is...why have I not been asked to be a part of your "Committee" Scepcop?
ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 25 Aug 2010, 05:18

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 25 Aug 2010, 05:31

ProfWag

Postby Scepcop » 29 Sep 2010, 18:09

Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Latest topics box at the top of the home page

Postby Scepcop » 13 Oct 2010, 16:30

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby johnbenneth » 15 Oct 2010, 07:43

johnbenneth

Postby Scepcop » 17 Oct 2010, 03:37

Wow John you are fortunate to be able to see Uri Geller perform in person. Did he use his own spoon or yours?

The thing I don't get is, can he only bend spoons that he brings, or can he bend yours too? When Randi trapped him on the Carson Show, he said he made sure that Geller had no access to the spoons before the show. But if it's that easy to stump Geller, then someone can just bring their own spoon to stump him, right? Am I missing something?

What did Randi do on the Carson Show that scientists couldn't do?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions / Feedback