[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Greetings all! My virgin post... : Introduce Yourself - Page 3 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Greetings all! My virgin post...

Introduce yourself here!

Re: Greetings all! My virgin post...

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 13 Sep 2010, 07:44

Brendan D. Murphy is the author of the forthcoming book series on the nature of reality and consciousness, The Grand Illusion: A Synthesis of Science, Mysticism and the Occult. Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Grand-Illusion-TGI/151764238172173?ref=ts

It's all just a dream, and the dream is dreaming itself...
The_Grand_Illusion

Postby Scepcop » 15 Sep 2010, 01:44

Grand Illusion,
I have a question.

In this clip from David Icke's "Freedom or Fascism", he talks about the holographic universe and how objects are solid in our head cause we perceive them to be.

But if that's so then how come I still run into walls with my eyes closed? I went to a house with a glass maze in an amusement park once, and kept bumping into the glass cause I didn't know it was there and my mind thought that it was open space.

So how can I bump into solid objects I don't see, if Icke's theory is correct that solidity is only in our mind?

Any explanation?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 15 Sep 2010, 01:54

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 15 Sep 2010, 02:11

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ProfWag » 15 Sep 2010, 02:58

ProfWag

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 16 Sep 2010, 11:55

Brendan D. Murphy is the author of the forthcoming book series on the nature of reality and consciousness, The Grand Illusion: A Synthesis of Science, Mysticism and the Occult. Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Grand-Illusion-TGI/151764238172173?ref=ts

The_Grand_Illusion

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 16 Sep 2010, 12:18

The_Grand_Illusion

Postby Arouet » 16 Sep 2010, 12:24

Physicists like Kaku and Hawking dumb down their stuff for the general public. They use analogies to try and give us a bit of a taste of what they deal with. But it is a mistake to take those analogies and apply them to other things. People like Icke and Deepak Chopra have tried to coopt physics terms for their (in Chopra's case) new agey type hypotheses and in Icke's case his - I don't even know what to call them - theories. There is almost no chance that they actually do understand it. To suggest that what Icke is saying and what Kaku is saying are the same thing is misguided.
Arouet

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 16 Sep 2010, 12:58

The_Grand_Illusion

Postby Arouet » 16 Sep 2010, 16:23

I'm suggesting that if the modern day physicist and the centuries old mystic got together to discuss this stuff, I suspect they'd find very quickly that they are not talking about the same thing. Or at least that the areas where there is similarity are small indeed.
Arouet

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 16 Sep 2010, 17:15

The_Grand_Illusion

Postby really? » 16 Sep 2010, 20:39

really?

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 16 Sep 2010, 22:35

The_Grand_Illusion

Postby Arouet » 17 Sep 2010, 00:47

Arouet

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 18 Sep 2010, 11:26

The_Grand_Illusion

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself