[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Greetings all! My virgin post... : Introduce Yourself • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Greetings all! My virgin post...

Introduce yourself here!

Greetings all! My virgin post...

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 01 Sep 2010, 08:41

Hi everyone. This is a swell site you've got here, Mr. Wu!

I'm Brendan (of the family) Murphy, and I'm an alcoho... no wait, wrong forum... *chuckles

I'm new to the forum but have known of Mr. Wu for a while, ever since I discovered his rather excellent material on dismantling pseudo-sceptical arguments--well played Sir!! I've been writing a series of books for the last three years I'm planning on titling "The Grand Illusion". The first two (at least) instalments are basically a synthesis of science, mysticism and the occult (especially the various scientifically proven siddhis (paranormal abilities)). I also look at the power of belief, or, what I call "the belief effect", and how it can be used to heal, create illness, allow us to perceive, or edit out information and PREVENT perception, and so on. My tentative plan at this stage is to spend quite a chunk of book 3 in exposing pseudo-sceptical fallacies and comparing the sceptical movement with orthodox religion--fertile ground for discussion if ever there was one!

Personally, I'm really enjoying this accelerating awakening that's occurring globally, and my goal is to accelerate it further to whatever extent possible! It's good to connect with like-minded people, and hopefully I can be of some use on the forum. Nice to "meet" you all! B)

:Brendan-David:Murphy
Brendan D. Murphy is the author of the forthcoming book series on the nature of reality and consciousness, The Grand Illusion: A Synthesis of Science, Mysticism and the Occult. Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Grand-Illusion-TGI/151764238172173?ref=ts

It's all just a dream, and the dream is dreaming itself...
The_Grand_Illusion

Re: Greetings all! My virgin post...

Postby Arouet » 01 Sep 2010, 08:48

Hi Brendon,

I may not be like-minded, but I look forward to interesting discussion! Especially regarding the scientific evidence for psi.

Welcome!
Arouet

Postby really? » 01 Sep 2010, 11:11

Oh Brother
really?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 01 Sep 2010, 18:55

Hi Brendon (Grand Illusion), welcome to the forum.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 01 Sep 2010, 19:05

Welcome Brendan,
Your books sound really exciting.

I guess you are a fan of the Matrix too. Did you know that the Pseudoskeptics are probably "programmed sentinels" created by this Matrix to keep people from waking up to the illusion we're all under? lol. They just seem so inhuman. :)

Check out this lecture by David Icke about the matrix we are living under. Have you seen it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQl1umch ... re=related

Who is publishing your book?

I heard you can self publish now on Amazon for free with no upfront costs. You just have to give them a 65 percent cut of the selling price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/seller-account ... =200354160

Or you can sell as an ebook here:

https://dtp.amazon.com
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 01 Sep 2010, 21:47

The Matrix? Oh yes...! I've gone so far as to refer to myself as the human equivalent of the red pill *chuckles

I've noticed the program-like behaviour of the harcore sceptics too, Vinstonas. "Everyone is a potential agent." *grin
The agents/pseudo-sceptics represent MIND, while others of us represent CONSCIOUSNESS! Big difference. Mind is programmable like a computer. Consciousness--when it finally breaks through--destroys the programming, opens the mind and enhances perception, which is why we both appreciate the Matrix heheheh ;)

I'm a big Icke fan, I love the balls the guy's got. Doing the work he's been doing, knowing all along he'd get absolutely crucified for it--gotta respect that. For anyone who's wondering, the lizards are real--the interdimensional ones at least... hahaha! I have my sources. ;) (That's gonna go down well with the sceptics!) I've read about 8 of his books and watched many hours of his talks. Not sure if I ever watched that particular one though! Good link! Happy to talk Icke and Matrix with anyone, any time... B) Been researching the NWO for a while now. Not always a bag of laughs that.

Thanks for those other links too mate, I'll check 'em out. Self-publishing means lots to learn for a first time author(!)

It's coming up to midnight now and I'm losing my ability to think straight (assuming I ever had it)--better head off. Catchya again soon.

Brendan

PS--thanks to the above posters for the kind sentiments/welcomes :)
Brendan D. Murphy is the author of the forthcoming book series on the nature of reality and consciousness, The Grand Illusion: A Synthesis of Science, Mysticism and the Occult. Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Grand-Illusion-TGI/151764238172173?ref=ts

The_Grand_Illusion

Postby Arouet » 01 Sep 2010, 21:59

Arouet

Postby Craig Browning » 02 Sep 2010, 04:02

:o My Brain is Hurting, someone make it stop! :shock:
Craig Browning

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 04 Sep 2010, 08:58

The_Grand_Illusion

Postby Arouet » 04 Sep 2010, 10:14

Arouet

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 05 Sep 2010, 18:56

well i claim no definitive authority on it, BUT....

other "frequency domains" could be inhabited by intelligent beings who exist just beyond the range of humanly detectable light--and we wouldn't even know they were there because we can't really even get into the UV frequencies! or they may be at a lower frequency in the infrared realm, just beyond our range of perceivable/decodable light frequencies... they could be vibrationally very close but just far removed enough that we can't detect them or interact tangibly.

i'll give ya 2 points to illustrate:

NASA has extensive video footage of apparent UFOs in the UV range, just beyond humanly perceptible light frequencies. these craft appear and disappear and manouvre intelligently, even forming geometrical relations b/w each other--but we don't see them even when they're right in our faces because we can't perceive the energy frequency the'yre on (much like we can't perceive radio waves without a radio tuned into the right frequency).

in support of that, we also have Harry Oldfield's "Oldfield Filter" which, in his words, reveals phase changes in light, and guess what!? his equipment also catches UFOs in our lower atmosphere that we would be able to see easily if they were operating in our familiar light frequencies... but they aren't, they are just far removed enough that they are effectively invisible to us... :) (and we haven't even had to refer to an extra dimension either!)

The_Grand_Illusion

Postby Scepcop » 05 Sep 2010, 20:23

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 05 Sep 2010, 20:32

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby The_Grand_Illusion » 05 Sep 2010, 21:16

The_Grand_Illusion

Postby Scepcop » 09 Sep 2010, 00:19

Yes I've noticed it. But more so, I notice that people's minds can't take too many layers of truth at once. When you peel off the layers of truth, they get stranger and stranger. So you gotta start with the first layer, or else they won't accept the deeper layers.

What do your friends and family/relatives say when you mention David Icke? Do they automatically become dismissive?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself