[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Why no CREATIONISM forum? : Suggestions / Feedback - Page 3 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Post suggestions, ideas and feedback for SCEPCOP and this website. Propose and coordinate projects, plans, articles, site improvements, etc. Requests for new boards can be made here too.

Re: Why no CREATIONISM forum?

Postby Craig Browning » 10 Jul 2010, 21:44

Craig Browning

Postby Edx » 11 Jul 2010, 00:29

Last edited by Edx on 11 Jul 2010, 00:54, edited 2 times in total.
Edx

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Jul 2010, 00:48

NinjaPuppy

Postby really? » 11 Jul 2010, 01:43

really?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Jul 2010, 03:06

NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 11 Jul 2010, 23:14

And what flavour of new age belief is promoted here? Oh yes, there's all kinds and everyone beliefs are valid isn't that right? Anyway Creationism is besides the point.

Oh the ignorance! I'm far from being a "New Age" type though I've worked with and been around many of them... enough to know how insane some of (much of) what they teach isn't only horse-pucky but frequently plagiarized directly from older sources such as DeLawrence, Churchward, Blavatsky and others of the latter 19th and early 20th centuries.

Intelligent Design, as an argument, is not related to a specific deity in a specific religion. Sure while most of its proponents are born again Christians there is nothing in its literature or arguments themselves that refer to a specific religion, they've done that on purpose you see.

Let me guess, you're a lawyer... I say that simply because of the hairs you're trying to split here. "Intelligent Design" is nothing more than a contrivance invented by Christian fanatics with an agenda, who want to perpetuate a specific mythos that's not even theirs to perpetuate... it belongs to a far older culture of people not even remotely related to the bible, Moses and all the others

The point being that any one of the new agers could just as easily decide that along with their healing crystals, homeopathy and dowsing that they will now believe in an Intelligent Design of the universe.

Again I say... "Oh the Ignorance"... you haven't a clue as to what the "New Age" or to be more accurate, "Metaphysical Spiritual Tradition" is and isn't, you aren't just generalizing but tipping your hand when it comes to your personal bias and agenda here; in appearance you have an extreme lack of "respect" when it comes to people's beliefs other than your own.

Maybe they will decide that the earth is alive and concious, Intelligent Design certainly fits that particular nonsense.

I do believe the term you're looking for is "Consciousness" and you may do yourself a favor by doing a bit more research into these various "New Age" traditions. One of them was started an easy 500 years before JC came around and it taught that all living things are sentient... it's best known today as Buddhism. But even Plato, Socrates and the other great Greek writers of earlier times made this suggestion... ALL OF IT pre-dates the compilation of the Talmud (a.k.a. Old Testament) But even at that, ancient Jewish tradition likewise sustains the idea that all of creation is sentient and imbued with the essence of "the Gods" (and yes, early Jews believed in multiple deities including a Heavenly Mother as well as Father Creator).

So, just imagine its not mostly Christian fundamentalists promoting Intelligent Design and imagine its one of the people who's beliefs match the kinds of beliefs promoted and defended on this website by people like Wu - why THEN should Intelligent Design also not also be promoted and defended? Because I cant see how someone like Wu can be so critical of Intelligent Design and yet promote all that other stuff at the same time.

For starters, ID was invented by fundamentalist christians who persecute those that do not buy into their agenda...INCLUDING OTHER CHRISTIANS, so ID would never find any sense of acceptance in the "New Age" culture but does host a somewhat agnostic tone to it, which was the goal of its inventors; they wanted to seemingly take the biblical god out of the equation by rewording Genesis in a manner that appears to be "Science"... which is is light years away from being. Interestingly there is a "biblical" parallel if one were to consider the mystic side of the Jewish path -- the Kabalah and Sefer Yetzerah. In these you will find creation "explained" and in a manner that comes hauntingly close to (drum roll please) THE BIG BANG.

Like so much put forward by religionists (especially "christians") ID is pure propaganda designed with the intent to brain wash the populace and give them a means by which to perpetuate their codependency of the clergy and thus, the cult-mind-set found therein.

Call me suspicious, but it would seem that you are yet another incarnation of one of our bible thumping friends that love to drop in here and stir the proverbial pot. As I said, you've tipped your hand when it comes to your bias and obvious desire to create a "debate" concerning the validity of ID...

Here's a few resources we can start with...

And Here is the Must See:
Craig Browning

Postby Edx » 12 Jul 2010, 00:34

Edx

Postby Scepcop » 12 Jul 2010, 19:55

Strange question.

You assume that I promote everything out there. That's not true. That is YOUR FALLACY and straw man, not mine.

If you want to discuss Creationism, there is a religion board here. Why not do it there? We don't need to have too many boards.

Why don't I promote Islam, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormonism, and the Illuminati religion, and Freemasonic Occult Rituals too?

I can't cover everything. Get real. But there are general categories here for those things. So feel free to post about them.

Do you really think there should be a board just for Creationism?

FYI, I do believe in God, but a Pantheistic or Monism type of God. So even if I believe in Creationism, it doesn't mean the Bible thumper's version of it, or the literal interpretation of Genesis.

But please, stop pinning your false labels onto me.

A lot of paranormal ideas, even wacko ones, might have some degree of truth in them. Reality is far stranger than fiction, and the rabbit hole goes deeper than you think. You guys are trying to limit and suppress reality. That's your problem. Our minds can only understand a very tiny microcosm of what's out there anyway. You guys fail to realize and acknowledge all that.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Jul 2010, 20:47

There ya go! Now you have the answer.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Edx » 13 Jul 2010, 01:10

Edx

Postby Craig Browning » 13 Jul 2010, 01:56

Ok... so when someone attempts to bring things into a "discussion" on ID you don't want to follow that course but rather turn it back around on a personal attack of Winston, right?

I don't get why this is so important to you... why it must be turned into a drama queen's tirade... nor can I understand why you keep insinuating Christian support while likewise trying to distance ID from it's conception source (American Fundamentalists).

As a "Theory" it has very little legit or "complete" science attached to it. It dances completely around the whole dinosaur eras, trying to imply that Adam, Eve and the kids walked around with Dino and Rex... something we know for fact to be untrue... let alone how much bigger Noah's ark would have to be if he had to move those giants around back in the day... but then the bible NEVER mentions such animals, it refers to the very sort of critters we have known in "recent" history; nothing as abstract as giant lizards... which don't come back into the world until the dark & middle ages as christian knights go out murdering perfectly innocent dragons... :( ... once they're gone they start burning and brutalizing every woman with a broomstick... :? when I was a kid it was anyone with a complexion darker than the Irish and now days it's anyone that is predisposed towards homosexuality and/or sexual identity confusions. Long story short, it's a cult of hatred and bigotry that uses said bias or arguments of contention, as a means as to misdirect the public's attention so as to keep folks from discovering the true ugliness of said establishment.

:idea: and yes, I loathe ALL forms of Organized Religion but I'm not anti-Jesus or Mohamed, etc. It's their follows that scare the blank out of me.

So here we are, you want to get a discussion on ID going... go post it! That simple... there is no need in insulting or challenging the founder of the forum or anyone else here. Nor is there a reason for trying to twist and turn things in order to keep folks off the actual track tied to ID and its weaknesses/fallacies. It is a joke on one hand and as I said, a cruel bit of cunning on the other when it comes to programming the innocent mind to buy into at 1,7050ish year old mythos that's been sold as fact until the early and mid-20th century, when science kicked it in the shins rather sharply, giving the world a serious wake-up call.
Craig Browning

Postby Edx » 13 Jul 2010, 02:28

Edx

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jul 2010, 02:55

NinjaPuppy

Postby Edx » 13 Jul 2010, 03:00

Edx

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jul 2010, 03:20