[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
one of my precognitive dreams : Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

one of my precognitive dreams

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

one of my precognitive dreams

Postby gumpi » 02 Aug 2009, 21:30

When i was about 16 or 17 (aye, memory fades with age except strong memories...) i was at the park with friends playing football (or soccer, as Americans call it). I was the goalkeeper and my team was about to score at the other end of the pitch. My previous dream flashed back into my mind and i shouted to a guy near me, " (name) is about to score!" and that is indeed what happened.

Pretty mundane stuff, i admit. But then again, most precognitions are.

Was it a coincidence? Was there something wrong with my memory? No, because it was a complete replay of events, not some fuzzy feeling or composition of unrelated images. Nobody would say that after having watched a film twice the film seemed similar to what they had seen the first time but not the same unless there was something really wrong with their memory.

Coincidence? If it was a coincidence it was pretty accurate! Especially when i told my friend before the player scored that he was about to score. Does this seem like a typical kind of coincidence that someone would deliberately fabricate for no good reason?

I understand why people would be skeptical about experiences like this. They don't seem to tell us much about life other than there could be different aspects of time and space that we don't understand yet. And the events are SO MUNDANE. But still, i have tried my best to think of alternative explanations and the only explanation that fits is the psychic one.

One of the typical psuedo-skeptical responses is that it was confirmation bias. I saw what i wanted to see. Hang on, NO I DIDN'T! Why would i decide to see something like this - and that it was a complete real time replay to boot? Usually people see meaning where there is none because they forget about all the times when there wasn't anything meaningful. But considering this event has no discernable meaning and it appears to have happened twice like watching a film re-run, i fail to see how this can be confirmation bias. Again, if it was confirmation bias then it is an extraordinary "coincidence" that i told the player near me the guy was going to score and then he did! That means my observation was fulfilled objectively and not just the product of subjective illusion.

Maybe i am missing something here but what is the alternative explanation? It cannot be that i remembered my dream as if it was a fuzzy non-related combination of images which i erroneously assumed must pertain to the event unfolding before my eyes later on - since i saw exactly the same events twice. It was EXACTLY THE SAME, with no filling in of gaps, no dream imagery, nothing.

And i am not alone with this kind of experience. There are millions of people who have similar experiences all over the world and always have. Granted, they may not always be as crystal clear in the imagery as mine but there is clearly something different going on. The idea that such experiences are faulty memory, confirmation bias, delusion or lies cannot be taken seriously since this phenomena should easily have fit into all those criteria and the issue done with since people first started reporting it. The sheer amount of people that have this experience rules out the fact that it could be any or a combination of those criteria only.

I like it when people have told me it was faulty memory on my part because i could just as easily say that any eyewitness testimony in court is useless since memory is completely fallible. Or indeed, ANYTHING WHATSOEVER is faulty memory. I don't think many sane people would accept that conclusion.
gumpi

Re: one of my precognitive dreams

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Aug 2009, 21:58

Hi Gumpi and welcome. You bring up some very valid points on this subject.

It's nice to have another new member who can relate to something of this nature from a personal experience.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Scepcop » 03 Aug 2009, 22:25

Wow, interesting. I've had experiences like that before too.

When I was 6 or 7, our daycare teacher told us to line up for an announcement. As soon as she did, I saw a clear vision that she was going to say we were going to see "The Empire Strikes Back" (it was 1980). A few minutes later, she said just that.

Skeptics said that I was wanting to see that movie, so it was a wish on my part. But it wasn't. I was a Star Trek fan at the time and couldn't care less about Star Wars. It didn't matter to me if we saw it or not. Plus, it was not a hope or wish, but a realization as though I was it happening, like a knowing.

Last year, before our baby was born, the day we went to the clinic for the ultrasound that would determine if our baby was a boy or girl, in the waiting room, five minutes before our appointment, I felt a strong sensation, like an inner knowing, that it was a boy. I even said it on film first. Later, the ultrasound confirmed it. Skeptics said that this was no big deal cause it was a 50/50 chance, BUT I don't see what chance had to do with this. I was NOT guessing. It was an inner knowing that hit me, like a realization. They just don't get it. It's annoying that people are so closed minded and assume that their limitations in their beliefs apply to the universe as well.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby gumpi » 04 Aug 2009, 00:52

Hi V, do you mind if i call you vinny? lol

This is a lovely story and it makes a lot of sense. But you know something else is that i think everyone experiences things like this but the skeptics do not want to admit it. Also, maybe a few unfortunate people don't experience it! hahaha

a genuine superconscious experience is an instrinsic knowing which doesn't depend upon belief or sensory data per se to be convincing either to you or anyone else - it is a real phenomenon that needs to be looked into - and many people do try to look into it by meditating. It is useless also to try to decribe your noumenal subjective experience to other people, especially if it is paranormal. Things that are unbelievable tend not to excite women, for example on a date!
gumpi

Postby Scepcop » 04 Aug 2009, 02:52

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences