[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
JREF Blackmail Tapes : JREF / Randi Challenge - Page 13 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

JREF Blackmail Tapes

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: JREF Blackmail Tapes

Postby Scepcop » 02 Aug 2009, 17:05

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 02 Aug 2009, 17:29

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby highflyertoo » 02 Aug 2009, 20:17

I to agree about Randi's behavior being agressive and sharp,

I have watched Randi talking to Graham Watkins, and Randi is most belittling in his mannerism. No wonder Graham wants to distance himself from James.
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby The Professor » 03 Aug 2009, 11:58

The more people that listen to these tapes the more people that distance themselves from something that appears indefensible.

The reasons given for their production sure doesn't hold water.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSED TO TEST FOR A MILLION DOLLARS
The Professor

Postby ciscop » 03 Aug 2009, 16:38

Last edited by ciscop on 03 Aug 2009, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby SeanRMR » 03 Aug 2009, 17:15

Actually don't think you're right there. Yes there posting styles are simialr but not quite the same and different delusions. I would say they are different people.
SeanRMR

Postby ciscop » 03 Aug 2009, 17:50

I THINK YOU ARE THE PROFESOR TOO SEANMR
hahaha just kidding

i am not sure
the way he types
and is always an attack to randi

ooh
well i believe you
i could be wrong then
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Scepcop » 03 Aug 2009, 19:45

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Azrael » 04 Aug 2009, 02:12

I have linked a thread here that is open on the JREF forum about those tapes ,don't see anyone banned in that thread maybe you could go have a look?
Scepcop do you understand the concept that those who make claims have to provide evidence? Randi isn't claiming anything, he has made his statement perpertators were charged in relation to this case, and Randi wasn't. If you or Professor want to know if he is a pedophile state it clearly in an email to him or a letter,maybe a recorded phone call- that he is, then when a court case begins we will see.

Personally I don't know or care.Innocent until proven guilty. Ive said in another thread who leaked the tapes- David Icke. WHere he got them I dunno,maybe he was in on the blackmail? Im not a Randi follower merely a fan of his work,met the man seems a nice chap.Only people who slag him off are believers of paranormal. And they arent exactly rational people to beging with.

Mayeb Scepcop you are too blind to see Professors game,fair enough. Is it not logical to assume that in 30 years some charges would been brought? Yet no one (Gellar Popov, Shedrake,David Icke etc)has been able to smear Randi.

There is no logic to Professor's posts-he doesn't care whether Randi is a alledged pedophile-he just wants to write it on forums hoping someone will take notice of him. He is an attention seeker.With no paranormal ability.

Lastly Magic Cafe forbid any sort of rational debate about Randi,for reasons that there are believers of paranormal on the forum(another mystery) and the moderators dont like them being upset.
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Postby Jon Saint Germain » 04 Aug 2009, 02:33

Ford Kross can shed some light into how the tapes found their way into the public sphere. I know the story but cannot share it as it is not my tale to tell. It involves someone who worked for the New Jersey police department in a minor capacity as a dispatcher, i think. Ford lives in New Jersey and was in the thick of things when Randi lived there while all this was going on and if anyone is interested in contacting Ford to get his side of the story it could add quite a bit to the missing pieces. Unfortunately, Ford isn't speaking to me these days or I would do the honors.

One thing I can add: Some of the old-timers who knew Randi from the Magic Shops in New Jersey say he was setting himself up to be the next Dunninger. Randi's magic career was on the skids and he had befriended Joe Duninger. At this time he had performed many psychic feats for the newspapers, claiming paranormal abilities. When these newspaper articles were brought up much later he, of course, said he was doing an experiment to prove how easy it was to dupe the press. When Uri Geller came to America, Geller blew everyone out of the water. He made a sensation. Randi, ever an opportunist, wrote Geller offering to be his agent and helping him get his foot in the door. Geller rejected these offers, asking everyone who this old guy was. I've spoken to people who claim Geller showed them these letters when he was trying to find out who was harassing him.

According to the story, Randi was furious at the rejection. This seems true to character if you know him. So he decided to take Geller down. The rest is history.

I know Randi can be resentful. One of his skeptic buddies wanted to buy a mentalism tool from me. I handcraft some exclusive items for professional mentalists. As it turns out, this chap exposes mentalism secrets for his university classes, so I refused to sell to him. Politely. The next thing I know. Randi posted an unflattering picture of me on his website with a biased account of the transaction, which made it look like I took the guy's money and then refused to give him the product, going on to say I was a liar and con artist, and comparing me negatively to Banachek who he said was "one of the good guys," implying I was one of the "bad guys." He has since greatly toned down these remarks for the archived version, I think because Banachek is a friend of mine and may have asked him to do so.

Anyway, someone should contact Kross and get the story about how the tapes found their way into public domain.

JSG
Jon Saint Germain

Postby Scepcop » 04 Aug 2009, 03:01

Do you have an email for Ford Kross? Have you tried googling his name for it?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Azrael » 04 Aug 2009, 03:43

I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael

Postby Jon Saint Germain » 04 Aug 2009, 04:18

Well, whoever you are (hiding behind a pseudonym :D ):

The newspaper articles claiming paranormal powers are reproduced--along with Randi's explanation--in his book FLIM FLAM. Or perhaps THE TRUTH ABOUT URI GELLER. I don't do internet links; internet sources are unreliable.

As for the rest, I was up front about my sources.

I do so dislike these internet discussions. In the old days of person-to-person discussion, wormy little weasels like you would never dare speak to another man in this manner, in person. You would be wedgied until you were bisected. :twisted:

Twenty-five years ago I was right in the middle of this discussion. I see nothing has changed. Both sides still at each other throats. Have fun!

JSG
Jon Saint Germain

Postby Scepcop » 04 Aug 2009, 04:32

Why bring David Icke into this? He has no beef with Randi and does not even talk about Randi publicly.

How would a former English sports caster have access to those Randi tapes in New Jersey?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Azrael » 04 Aug 2009, 05:11

Azrael

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge