[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
What Have Believers Done to Help there Fellow Man/Woman ? : General Discussions - Page 3 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

What Have Believers Done to Help there Fellow Man/Woman ?

Discuss General Topics.

Re: What Have Believers Done to Help there Fellow Man/Woman

Postby Indigo Child » 25 Jun 2010, 04:31

Indigo Child

Postby ProfWag » 25 Jun 2010, 04:38

I think you're right that a discussion with you about the difference between cure and treatment would be pointless. I have shown you repeatedly that the articles you present for evidence that yoga, etc. cures diabetes and Parkinsons do not even say that they cure, yet you insist that they do. So, if you are going to misrepresent the facts, then there is no point in discussing it further. I guess, per your terminology, misrepresenting the facts makes you a "pseudo-believer?"
ProfWag

Postby Indigo Child » 25 Jun 2010, 04:49

Indigo Child

Postby Indigo Child » 25 Jun 2010, 04:54

Indigo Child

Postby ProfWag » 25 Jun 2010, 05:05

ProfWag

Postby Indigo Child » 25 Jun 2010, 06:12

Indigo Child

Postby really? » 25 Jun 2010, 11:04

really?

Postby Indigo Child » 25 Jun 2010, 13:10

The mercury, arsnic lead thing is just fear mongering:

http://www.boloji.com/ayurveda/av053.htm

Do you know the swine flu injection actually contains mercury?

Do you know many medicines contain toxic substances:

http://www.medhunters.com/articles/medi ... isons.html

Anything can be toxic or medicinal depending on the amount one takes. The use
of heavy metals in Ayurvedic medicine has been going on for 3000 years, and as
far as we know people have not been dropping dead of poisoning for 3000 years. If it
was really toxic, then we would have known about it long ago. The fact is, the amount
used is a trace amount, and it is specially chemically treated. This process has been refined
over a period of 3000 years. It has been found that using heavy metals have been very beneficial
in treating very serious disorders. I am not going to argue with thousands of years of empirical
research.
Indigo Child

Postby really? » 25 Jun 2010, 20:07

really?

Postby Indigo Child » 25 Jun 2010, 20:57

This is within the medical texts of Ayurveda. I don't know how it
works, because I am not a chemist. It supposedly works. Its tried
and tested over thousands of years. I am not going to argue it does
not work.

I am not using the fallacy you claim, because I am not saying it is
good solely because it is old, I am saying there is no evidence that
its use of heavy metals is dangerous, because whatever process it
uses to reduce the toxity, obviously works. Otherwise we would have
known about it long ago.

How and why it works does not completely concern me. I don't ask that
question when I take medicine, drive the car, board an aeroplane, use
my mobile. I use them because they work. Similarly, how and why Ayurveda
and yoga work, is not all that important, the fact is they do.
Indigo Child

Postby ProfWag » 25 Jun 2010, 21:19

ProfWag

Postby really? » 25 Jun 2010, 21:48

really?

Postby Indigo Child » 26 Jun 2010, 03:56

Indigo Child

Postby ProfWag » 26 Jun 2010, 08:45