[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Questions about Reincarnation and Afterlife planes : Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Questions about Reincarnation and Afterlife planes

Discussions about Afterlife Research, Survival Science, Near Death Experiences, Out of Body Experiences, Spirit Communication, Mediumship, Ghosts, Spirits, etc.

Re: Questions about Reincarnation and Afterlife planes

Postby ProfWag » 15 Jun 2010, 18:24

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 15 Jun 2010, 19:18

ProfWag

Postby Indigo Child » 16 Jun 2010, 03:12

Last edited by Indigo Child on 16 Jun 2010, 03:45, edited 1 time in total.
Indigo Child

Postby Indigo Child » 16 Jun 2010, 03:16

Indigo Child

Postby ProfWag » 16 Jun 2010, 04:46

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 16 Jun 2010, 05:01

ProfWag

Postby Indigo Child » 16 Jun 2010, 05:24

Indigo Child

Postby ProfWag » 16 Jun 2010, 05:33

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 16 Jun 2010, 10:56

The Osis/Tanous experiments are indeed interesting. A few questions I would have for Osis, however, include how many "hits" and "misses" did Tanous have? Were his hits significant? It says a reading suggested his body was actually projected in front of the target. Was the stain gauge sensor properly calibrated? What exactly were the targets he was trying to read? Were there a set of targets that he already knew and could make educated guesses? Were they completely picked out by an uninterested third party. Unfortunately, I didn't see those questions answered in that article which, by the way, was not a journal article, but a post on a supportive website. I'd also like to see the peer reviews of the journal article, however, that is not necessary for me to properly review the experiment if I had more of the specifics of the experiment.
I won't give this experiment a fail just yet, but will if I'm unable to obtain the answers for my questions above.
ProfWag

Postby Indigo Child » 18 Jun 2010, 00:22

Yep, the strain gauge sensor was properly caliberated. Can you prove it wasn't? In any professional
scientific experiment baseline readings would be taken of your measuring device. Look at the link again
and look at the grapth for those baseline readings. The sensor was registering significantly more activity
during "hits" than it did with "misses" If the sensor was not working properly, then it would have been giving
same readings during misses as well. It wasn't, therefore it was caliberated correctly to detect "hits"

What is significant here is not what the target image is. The target was a special target randomly
generated by the optical device which was a picture which consisted of various colours in 4 quadrants
the final picture was put together by black and white outlines, a colour wheel and mirrors, so that the
full image could only be seen from one position. What is significant here that the strain gauge detected
significant activity during the periods hits were made, and at other times it did not. Thus suggesting that
there really was something present in the room looking at the target.

Source: http://www.psychwww.com/asc/obe/faq/obe22.html
Indigo Child

Postby Scepcop » 18 Jun 2010, 00:29

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 18 Jun 2010, 00:31

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 09 Oct 2010, 02:49

I get it, SCECOP throws out a thought and watches Indigo and Prof “Fight it out” in the best sense the phrase can have when referring to a dialogue between irreconcilable positions (barring extraordinary new evidence)

SCECOP: First, if there have been say, sixty billion human bodies born that carried souls, and ten % are here now, then if reincarnation is at all frequent, we must be running short of souls. However, as the magafauna become extinct, tigers, buffalo, and the dodos have been filling the gaps, thus accounting for serial killers, american idol fans, and people who watch Maury Povich.
Second, I once, in a largely scientific but also highly personal mood, tried to arrange a seance to find the body of a murdered friend. The plan ganged agley, resulting in my becoming a Xian and getting married without getting even a glimmer of an answer (Except that “God” told me that if I had gone to Waco to see a prophet He had sent there, I would have found out (!?) )
I dislike “believing” in things. Its a slippery path, once I start I end up believing in everything.

The following is primarily addressed to Indigo's information, also to SCECOP, who asked. Prof, I am risking losing your respect here :). Please remember, this is my Shakespeare mode talking about the Beta hypotheses.

Still, I seem to be starting down that path now, as I have found four mathematical statements that, taken together and inflated with lots of animal spirits, seem to describe a 3 part set that would automatically generate everything else that is or could be, and could be equated with the Xian and or Hindu Trinities (See my math mysticism article in “Esoteric”. Epistemology is my worst vice.).
Leaving aside the question of the reality of pure math, a strong implication of this theory is that information is “real”. It is perhaps even the part of the noumenon we experience directly, as Platon thought. (I am aware of the dubious quality of information. I like Heinlein's view of “information” as consisting of “Fictons”. Personally I am make a further distinction between fictons and “dictons” (“from spoken”) meaning “communicated statements.” A ficton unspoken makes no sound. That's why I am blogging.
A secondary implication is that fictons are the content of awareness, and awareness is “real” and fundamental. This corresponds to the way I have experienced the universe. I suspect that awareness is implicit in everything, from photons to beyond galaxies, although I suspect any photon is “smarter” “more aware” than the universe itself.
This implies also, although much less strongly, that Awareness is, in some sense “more than mortal.”

With that said, I have justified to myself talking about how many angels can dance on a pinhead, or how many people can queue to reincarnate as Pamela Anderson or the Prince of Wales. My next big leap of faith would be to assume there is something worth examining in anecdotal evidence.

My model of the “soul”, the barakami, is outlined in the “If there is a soul...” topic. In my model, the barakami is, in miniature, a set of the body (ba), the memory (ra) and the unknown noumenon (ka) collectively making a kami. In your model, Indigo, the ra and ka seem to be, collectively, what you mean by soul.

Up to this point Twain has scrutinized everything Shakespeare has said. Beyond this point, its “Here be Dragons” These are the kinds of thoughts I have when I fall asleep. I must think and edit before Twain will let Shakespeare speak anymore. Peace, Love, and Wit.
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 09 Oct 2010, 03:42

Here come the Dragons (Shakespeare)

Scecop - Why would one return to earth?
The japanese kami has three parts.
When the body (ba) is consumed by fire, animals, or decay, and the memory (ra) has lost touch with "dictons" in the memory of the living, and even the Ka has faded (and no record exists of one's existence on Earth,) it nirvanizes and snuffs it.
If, before that, after the ra has faded, when the ka is getting dim, what little is left finally realizes, if its still hungry (has unfulfilled desires) it must feed through reincarnation. As Indigo points out, this is the realm where progress can be made. If its still hungry, it comes back.

In the West we have the Egyptian model. At the beginning of the historical record, we find the Royal Pharaohnic immortality cult full blown (I do have a very funny story about King Tut's Curse and immortality) It gradually evolved, through the Book of the Dead and (derivative) mystery cults, into the cult of Horus Jesus Christ, wherin a pleasant immortality is offered to all. The idea is so powerful that it not only infected Judaism, but emerged in a pure monotheistic form in Islam.

And here we hit head on the subject of gods. A ka, so long as it is remembered in the minds of generations that did not know the ra, is a god in the sense Euhemerus said. In a phenomenal sense, “Henry Ford” “Kung Fu-tze” and even “Jesus Christ” still exist and influence events. Noumenally, they may even be said to have an awareness and persona constructed by those who “remember them”

(Chinese dragon coming) I suspect most gods were once incarnate, including sports teams and Coca-cola (or are those just idols? ;) ) At least since Siddhartha, the gods have known they must incarnate in order to nirvanize. Even powers that were not human to begin with (Vishnu and Shiva, maybe even Logos, although that is a frightening thought. “The good news is, Jesus Christ is coming back. The bad news is, he's pissed”) have allegedly incarnated, since this is where things happen.

A last dragon. The Mazdakians said only the set of the ineffable, and its principles of entropy and synergy, were “worthy of divine honors” and all other gods were “devas” unworthy of worship because their morals were demonstrably human and flawed. But a deva who reincarnates to nirvanize, or a power that incarnates to benefit the world, is a bhoddisatva.

(Twain thanks you for letting him let his inner jungian run free. Prof, I think Twain can defend every statement up to the one's about reincarnation as being also valid dialectical materialist descriptions of things with real world referents. Shakespeare)

Peace, love, and wisdom. Ahimsa.
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Postby Paradox » 14 Feb 2011, 05:59

I'm not sure and I've asked myself these same questions as well. According to Silver Birch only 50% of the people on earth 'reincarnated'. The rest have come from the Source or Great Spirit itself. This is why I like Pearson's Grid Theory of consciouness (I know I should get a statue of the guy) because it explains so much. There is the oversoul issue where someone can exist in the spirit world AND be reincarnated onto the physical plane at the same time. The grid theory says that our true mind never leaves the body (even at death) but is always situated in the same place in outer space. What we experience as reality comes from transmitting this consciousness through our 'brainminds'. At death it is not our consciousness that leaves our bodies but an etheric duplicate with its own brain to experience this consciousness from the fragmented sectioned off 'mind' seated in outer space in another universe or reality. This would explain how someone like a deceased loved one could be there for us in the afterlife while reincarnating at the same time. These different fragaments of our true higher self (our true mind situated in the ether of outer space) are experienced through different brainminds made for different matter systems. I know this sounds out of there but what better way is there to describe the issues of physical life, etheric life, reincarnation and the concept of oversouls? If you are a believer anyway. I know the sceptics would already say this is nothing but a bunch of hot ether. lol.

As far as the vibration thing goes I suppose this would make sense. The universal law of cause and effect aka karma. You reap what you sow. I can't answer all of your questions. Perhaps reading White Eagles teachings would help after reading Silver Birches since according to Victor Zammit White Eagles teachings are considered more advanced. From what I've read almost everyone, even those in the higher realms of heaven beyond the third plane will eventually have to reincarnate. Depressing thought. I've also read about the Great Spirit giving some tormented souls in the lower hellish realms the chance to reincarnate since another physical life would be more likely to save them then the more gradual 'enlightment' in the etheric realms better known as the universal law of progress. Wow this stuff is complicated! :shock:
Truth is stranger than fiction.
Paradox

PreviousNext

Return to Afterlife Research / Ghosts and Spirits