[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Is the Paranormal Needed : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Is the Paranormal Needed

Discuss General Topics.

Is the Paranormal Needed

Postby really? » 13 Jun 2010, 22:22

I've read a lot questions on this forum and others concerning the paranormal.
Most are of the vain of whether it's real or not.

I think another question to ask is question is. Is the paranormal even needed ?
I mean we have been chugging along just fine without it any solid proof of any facet of it.

Do we really need to read each others thoughts?
Some say crime rates would dramatically fall.

What would the dead have to say that we didn't already know?
That our lost loved ones wished us well? That our mothers loved us?

What real good could come from knowing the future?
Since we would already know then what would be the point of anything?

My vote is no the paranormal is not needed.
There is so much beauty and wonder and mystery in our world as it really is, why make up a fake one?
really?

Re: Is the Paranormal Needed

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jun 2010, 22:35

I certainly don't believe that the paranormal is "needed".

Ghosts are not "needed", that's for danged sure. However, people do have a need to explain what they might experience that doesn't fit into some neat and tidy scientific category.

Do I need to read someone's mind? Heck no. Can I read someone's mind? Certainly not. Have I experienced an occasional situation that makes me want answers to explain some unusual coincidences that fit into the broad term that is called ESP? Heck yes.

Do I enjoy reading about others personal experiences and points of view on these subjects. Yes. Do I find it interesting that science can explain almost all of these experiences? Yes. Do I still want answers for what can't be proven? Yes. But hey, that's just me.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Indigo Child » 15 Jun 2010, 04:11

Yes, the paranormal is needed, and it is needed to give us a right view of reality.
You say we should have been chugging along just fine, but I ask really? Do you really
think the last few thousand years of renlentless war, genocide, strife, poverty, corruption,
inequality, oppression is fine? Do you want it to continue like this? Or would you rather there
be peace, love, equality, freedom and harmony on this planet? This is only going to change
when we change our current depressive view of reality where everybody is a meat-body into
the uplifting view of reality where everybody is a spiritual being, with great capacity for love,
joy and wisdom and the sole purpose of life is realise that capacity.

The problem with people on this planet is they do not know the purpose of why they incarnate
and end up aimlessly living their life, being a pain to themselves and a pain to everbody around
them. They reincarnate over and over again living the same life, making little spiritual progress,
and wasting one incarnation after the other.

I don't think it is even debatable that our current way of life needs to change. Knowledge of the
paranormal is essential in bringing about that change.
Indigo Child

Postby ProfWag » 15 Jun 2010, 04:31

ProfWag

Postby Indigo Child » 15 Jun 2010, 05:36

Indigo Child

Postby really? » 15 Jun 2010, 08:23

really?

Postby really? » 15 Jun 2010, 08:25

really?

Postby ProfWag » 15 Jun 2010, 09:26

ProfWag

Postby Indigo Child » 15 Jun 2010, 11:25

Indigo Child

Postby diddyp333 » 15 Jun 2010, 17:10

Interesting thread! ive been thinking the same thing myself. If it were proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was say an afterlife and that we continue to exist in some other dimension when we die surley this would do know good at all. for instance knowing this, people who didnt like there life would just kill themselves....murder would be just a way of getting rid of someone and not seen as a crime....if you lost a loved one you could just kill yourself and probably take your family with you knowing you would join them...none of which seems like a nice place to live but then again maybe that is what will happen...a kind of DIY Armageddon!
diddyp333

Postby ProfWag » 15 Jun 2010, 17:59

ProfWag

Postby caniswalensis » 16 Jun 2010, 23:39

"Need" is a strong word.

At the most basic level, Humans need oxygen, food, water, & a livable tempature range to survive. Without these resources, we would not last long at all. Over the long term, we also need things like shelter, medicine & companionship to stay happy & healthy.

Then there are lesser "needs" that facilitate our lives & make them easier. We need to speak the langauge of the area we live in. Some people need private transportaion. Some people need bus passes. Almost everyone needs a hammer now & then. I occasionally "need" a giant slushy from the Sonic down the road. :lol:

One hundred years ago, computers were not invented, and people got along fine without them. They were not "needed" back then. I doubt that there are many people that would want to give up their computers and go back to those days, though. We could do it, but it would make many tasks more difficult or impossible to do. They are "needed" now.

I think that if paranormal things like psi-powers and communication with the dead are ever proven to be real, people will find uses for them. As a matter of fact, some companies like Sony have already tried to harness psi-powers. If the day comes, people will quickly get used to having their psi- powered gizmos, and think "How did we ever do without this?" :)

Regards, Canis
caniswalensis

Postby leo100 » 03 Jul 2010, 07:20

leo100

Return to General Discussions