[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Hello : Introduce Yourself • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Hello

Introduce yourself here!

Hello

Postby DemiRites » 09 Jun 2010, 15:42

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a supportive, social site where I don't have to constantly battle with people who are determined to stay in a state of blind faith and that can mean atheists, religious and even 'believers' in psi. I would like to meet up with people who want to seriously and fairly, analyse, consider issues of psi, theology, philosophy, etc. I feel and hope that this is a site where I can have some interesting discussions, learn new things and have some social fun and support.

Short stats about myself: I'm in my 40s, female, living in Sydney, single, looking for work currently. I have been voluntarily working with a detective group in the US, as a remote viewer.

Feel free to ask me questions.
DemiRites

Re: Hello

Postby Scepcop » 09 Jun 2010, 16:40

Welcome Demirites.

Have you had any successes as a remote viewer working with detectives?

Perhaps we should have a board here that is free of skeptics, where they are not allowed to post, for posters like you?

What do you all think?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Jun 2010, 19:51

Welcome Demirites!
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 09 Jun 2010, 20:56

Yes, yes, welcome. Are you open to critiques of remote viewing or would you rather just have people who believe in RV comment to your posts?
ProfWag

Postby DemiRites » 09 Jun 2010, 21:01

DemiRites

Postby DemiRites » 09 Jun 2010, 21:21

DemiRites

Postby DemiRites » 09 Jun 2010, 23:03

I should clarify what I meant earlier about my successes. I am not a 'professional' psychic, that is, I don't work as a psychic or make money out of it in any way. I've thought about it and people have suggested it, but there is something rather spiritual to me about this experience and I feel uncomfortable about charging for this kind of help. I don't know what the future will bring, if it will ever feel okay to work professionally, but for now, whatever I have contributed, it has been because I wanted to help. Infact, my level of success depends on my feeling empathetically towards a person in trouble, so i don't understand how others can just do this as a game or for money.

I should say that when I said that I have had successes, I haven't had it with the detective group. The first time was with a person who wanted to locate a missing fellow student. I was dependent on her doing the leg work for me, but she didn't and the body was not found due to my information. However, we both sat back and watched as the info came in and each detail was correct, ie, age of killer, ethnicity, colour of car, location of the body, geo-description, weapon, even the week she would be found some four months later. It was the first time I tested myself and was quite freaked out. I still feel some guilt that I never went to the police.

The second time, I was approached by the daughter of a missing mother. I couldn't sense where the body was but I had a clear idea of the killer's description, along with where he had hidden evidence. I described the room, the property, down to trees, machinery, creeks, etc, and gave her a detailed map where to go in an ajoining forest to locate his hiding place. She did so and located her mother's objects, along with items which I believe would have blood evidence. The site we were on shut down shortly after, so, apart from the fact that she had found those items, I never got to find out if the killer was caught.

Since then, I discovered this volunteer detective group. Unfortunately, like I said, I found them just as my life became complicated. While the information I have given them has been getting hits, its sort of messed up. I will look at a person's picture and I will tell them things about the person, ie, the kind of work they do, or I will give them an image of landscape, but I find the depth of info and the clarity hasn't been there. I took several breaks to deal with my family's situation, but it never fully cleared up. Imagine if you suddenly lost your ability to taste or your taste was diminished or unclear, it would be frustrating, that is how I felt, like I suddenly became partially blind. Hopefully things will now return to normal and I will be of benefit to the group.
DemiRites

Postby ciscop » 09 Jun 2010, 23:20

oh wow
a detective remote viewer
thats a new one for this forum

how you knew you had that ability? when you started practicing?
were you given credit for helping in any of the cases?

welcome!
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby DemiRites » 10 Jun 2010, 06:22

There aren't any others on here who are helping police in some ways? Maybe they have the good sense to keep it quiet, lol. I know that there are about twenty to thirty remote viewers in the group I am in, but I have only spoken to a couple. The group is overseas from me, so I have never met them. It is run by a retired police officer who acts like a go-between us and police working on missing person's cases. They have had successes and its the police that contact him for assistance.

I'm too lazy to practice anything really, lol. I think that if there is a God, I was given this as an ability because God knew I was too lazy to actually work for it! Seriously, I don't know of a time when I wasn't this way. It's a bit like asking, 'when did you first realise that you could feel or think'. I don't think that I ever realised it in a sense that there was something that suddenly happened to me, rather, as I grew up, I realised that people around me didn't see the things that I was seeing and that I was the odd one out and that that was not a good thing. It isn't pleasant when your loved one's think that there is something peculiar or even evil about you. It isn't pleasant when you see and hear spirits as a child. I hated being this way, I avoided it, even became an atheist and pseudo-skeptic myself, but in the end, around my late 30s, I realised that it took more courage and twisting of my mind to deny that something was going on. And more than this, trying to block it was a bit like trying to block emotions, eventually, it was something that I had to deal with. I think I have come to a certain, calm, understanding with the universe about this.

As for being given credit, it's not really credit, more like confirmation that I had hits. For example, in the first case, the family and the police were not involved, it was something that I did with the fellow student of the missing woman to test myself out after years of my own self-denial. The second time, it was the daughter of the missing woman who confirmed that my details were correct. Now, its the detective that sends me replies as the info comes in of hits and misses. This is not the kind of work that gets credit, mostly, its done quietly, behind the scenes because there are plenty of people out there who are ready to tear people who do this work down.

Thanks for asking, its rather nice to be able to talk about these things. Could I ask why the name CSiCOP?
DemiRites

Postby ciscop » 10 Jun 2010, 07:08

this is site is anti-csicop so i decided to use the name but differently
its kind of ¨weird¨ in spanish + cop
so it would be Weird Cop or Crazy Cop

basically
it is a play on words that is only funny to me
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Jun 2010, 07:09

Thanks for sharing that with us DemiRites. I can relate to everything that you said.
NinjaPuppy

Postby DemiRites » 10 Jun 2010, 07:25

DemiRites

Return to Introduce Yourself