[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Greetings : Introduce Yourself - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Greetings

Introduce yourself here!

Re: Greetings

Postby ciscop » 31 Jul 2009, 14:04

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Scepcop » 31 Jul 2009, 23:40

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 01 Aug 2009, 01:51

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ciscop » 01 Aug 2009, 02:20

you know
you are right
i wouldnt believe a tv ghost
would be believing that what criss angel does is true

michael shermer
actually has a chapter in which he relates his own paranormal experience
an alien abduction
the book was.. why people believe weird things i think
and shermer is the editor of skeptic magazine
so i dont know

i think it would be fun to see one of the top guys on skepticism changing gears.. i would love to see dawkins, shermer or randi becoming a scientologist.. that would be hilarious
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Jon Saint Germain » 04 Aug 2009, 00:26

Too many questions. :D

I have tested many of the assumptions of Classical Palmistry over thirty years of practice, and do read by the "rules." The ones that work. I've tried to separate the good techniques from superstition. So I don't, for example, predict how long someone will live based on the length of the Venusian line. I do use the Greco-Roman archetypes and Jungian aspects, as well as my own Buddhist practice, during a session. Which can get very interesting. I've written three large volumes on my researches which have been well-received. Unfortunately, Llewellyn targets an audience with an adolescent literacy level, so I was unable to write on the intellectual depth I desired .

Dr. Gary Schwartz at one time offered to do a study with me testing under controlled conditions some of my conclusions, but I don't think anything came of it. He has been too involved in his medium research. I've also done a very fascinating study on my own involving over forty sets of twins to test the theory that the dominant hand changes over time to reflect changes in personality. Guess what? It does.

The people who hold someone's hand and draw upon their own clairvoyance are not really palm readers . :D They're clairvoyants. I wish they wouldn't call themselves palm readers. Oh Well.

Discussing Criss Angel on this forum lowers the tone of the event; like bringing in a birthday party clown to a formal dinner party, don't you think? :D :evil:

JSG
Jon Saint Germain

Postby Jon Saint Germain » 04 Aug 2009, 00:45

Re: Hypnotism:

What you described is pretty standard hypnotic suggestion. I have many hours of footage of myself doing much the same thing; that is, having a group of hypnotized subjects on stage going in and out of a deep hypnotic state on command. Any good hypnotist learns to do this. It has nothing to do with how strong-willed the subject is but on the willingness of the subject to enter the hypnotic state. You're only fooling yourself if you think you're immune to suggestion.

If you want to see something powerful, check out a strong evangelical faith healer knock people out with the power of suggestion. I wanted to see if I could do it, and by god I could. I put sown two front rows of people by passing my hand over them. I thought I could start a church if I wanted to. Too bad I have a conscious. :evil:

I don't push needles through my hand because of the risk of nerve damage though but it is indeed possible to control both pain and to a degree bleeding.
Jon Saint Germain

Postby The Warrigal » 04 Aug 2009, 12:51

Belated greetings Jon.

This is a most interesting thread and you have offered some thought provoking posts.

I delved but little into palmistry but have experimented seriously with several different forms of cartomancy.

While most card reading systems leave me singularly unimpressed, I have frequently been startled by the accuracy of Catherine Cover Sabine's "K-Code" system which she published in the 1960's in her book - The Cybernetic ESP Breakthrough.

Inspired by Mrs.Sabine's work, I have over the years formulated several card reading codes of my own each designed to cover a specific area of interest.

A am researcher, - (albeit a humble amateur), - not a fortune teller, so I have never charged money for my readings.

Nevertheless, I have had so much positive feedback that I persist with this line of investigation.

I look foreward to reading more of your contributions.
The Warrigal

Postby ciscop » 04 Aug 2009, 14:00

john
thanks for sharing the benny hinn video
it was hilarious
ciscop

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself