[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Another way to refute the "extraordinary evidence" argument : PseudoSkeptic Fallacies - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Another way to refute the "extraordinary evidence" argument

Discuss PseudoSkeptics and their Fallacies. Share strategies for debating them.

Re: Another way to refute the "extraordinary evidence" argument

Postby really? » 09 May 2010, 11:37

really?

Re: Another way to refute the "extraordinary evidence" argument

Postby Craig Browning » 10 May 2010, 00:14

Sorry for not being anal enough in my descriptions for you... I speak very simple, down to earth human being language not ubber-educated "lawyer" styled specifics. It's not to obfuscate things, but simply to be more "real" as to how people in the real world actually speak and interact... most of us don't hang on each syllable that's uttered, understanding what's implied.

As to what you bring out as critique to my position with things... well, I'm not understanding what you mean by "used words to provoked an emotional appeal" when all I've done is shown similarities --commonalities -- nothing to evoke emotional anything outside of recognition to the fact that we are both saying, more or less, the very same thing.

When it comes to what I/we were discussing (the bio-electrical impulses of the brain/mind/body) I'm on mark... you wrung in the whole Chi thing which isn't what I'm talking about... at least not specifically. I have opinions on that issue that stem from both, Martial Arts and my short study of Acupuncture theory, but that's neither here or there. I was talking about how the physical energy of the human body, the energy we know to be fact and how, by tapping into that energy source either by way of hard-wiring processors that can step up that "juice" or by holding some kind of conductor handle, wearing a cap, etc. we are able to create a tangible and typical desired end affect -- movement. Because of such manifestations it would logical to not negate the probability that some (be it a very limited few) have learned to bring about similar manifestations without all the technology attached to it. It is likewise possible that a rudimentary understanding of such things has been known for thousands of years, which goes to explain why Hermetic Law given to us thousands of years ago, is interchangeable with rudimentary physics as well as other facets of life as we know it.

Faith is a fickle thing in that it is a belief which can be altered. It is when a person comes to KNOW something that sustains that belief that they become rooted and unshakable. My objective being to lend to the believer a bridge that crosses the chasm created by the rationalists & cynics, so as to allow them to see the fantastic through more mundane and logical eyes free of the rose tinting on their glasses. I strive to remove the boogiemen and whispering fairy folk from their course of thought in such a way that allows them to retain belief but by way of an adjusted sense of understanding that makes what they once accepted blindly (even delusionally) more concrete, tangible... akin to what St. Thomas experienced when he placed his fingers into the scars of Jesus (as the story goes). It's not an argument over who is right or wrong, what is or isn't, but rather learning that it's all the same just different by degree... as the old adage goes, where does hot end and cold begin? It's a matter of perspective. The same holds true when looking at the mystical vs. the analytical; understanding that there is a median between the two is where one discovers wisdom... enlightenment.
Craig Browning

Previous

Return to PseudoSkeptic Fallacies