[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Indepth Review Of Richard Dawkins' "Enemies Of Reason" Film : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Indepth Review Of Richard Dawkins' "Enemies Of Reason" Film

Discuss General Topics.

Indepth Review Of Richard Dawkins' "Enemies Of Reason" Film

Postby Scepcop » 05 May 2010, 03:20

Two great new blog posts by Eteponge!

http://eteponge.blogspot.com/2010/04/in ... wkins.html - Indepth Review Of Richard Dawkins' "Enemies Of Reason" Documentary

http://eteponge.blogspot.com/2010/04/re ... es-of.html - A Response To Derren Brown's Critiques Of Remote Viewing
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Indepth Review Of Richard Dawkins' "Enemies Of Reason" Film

Postby NinjaPuppy » 05 May 2010, 03:57

Kudos to you Eteponge!
NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 05 May 2010, 04:07

what?
you are referencing Gary Schwartz??
the same Gary Schwartz that was exposed as a CON MAN in Geraldo???

http://www.badpsychics.co.uk/thefraudfi ... toryid=555

who cares about double blind test when the tester is a fraudulent EVIL individual

(to take money out of the pocket of the grieving is just evil)
Last edited by ciscop on 05 May 2010, 04:09, edited 1 time in total.
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 05 May 2010, 04:09

Yeah, like Geraldo is some media guru of truth. :lol:
NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 05 May 2010, 04:11

im sorry you dont care about the father that was interviewed for the segment

i do care as i am human :D
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 05 May 2010, 05:20

I really like Eteponge and believe his heart is in the right place and a good deal of effort is placed in his blogs.
Having said that, I believe this critique contain less than solid information. Gary Schwartz' experiments on psychics/mediums are less than stellar and as of this date, hasn't even begun to persuade virtually any scientist (with the exception of Dean Radin) that there may be something to mediumship. A serious review of Schwartz' experiment is, unfortunately, laughable. Keeping it in context, back in the day, Eteponge used "Unsolved Mysteries" as a source document for the medium Dorothy Allison which would me like me using Penn & Teller's Bullsh!it as a source for there being no such thing as astrology which, as we all know, would be ridiculous.
Sorry Eteponge, but to criticize Dawkins' using Schwartz is, well, like criticizing Stephen Hawkings' "A Brief History of Time" using the Planet of the Apes.
ProfWag

Postby ciscop » 05 May 2010, 06:08

NICE!!!
ciscop

Postby Eteponge » 05 May 2010, 06:59

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Eteponge » 05 May 2010, 07:08

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby ciscop » 05 May 2010, 07:28

hahahahaha

so your source to rebut the claims
is THE CON MAN himself???

wow!!
well done

by the way telling something ¨calmly¨ doesnt mean ANYTHING but to believers that just shows you how lower the standard is for believers than it is for critical thinkers.
ciscop

Postby Eteponge » 05 May 2010, 07:50

Eteponge

Postby ciscop » 05 May 2010, 08:08

ciscop

Postby Eteponge » 05 May 2010, 08:22

Eteponge

Postby Eteponge » 05 May 2010, 08:25

Now I see why Proponents in these fields have such a hard time dealing with Skeptics, they just spam ad hominems and character assassinations and won't deal with the actual points being made. They won't tackle the actual data or points, they just spam, "He's a con man! And you're a fraud for believing him!" as a smokescreen for not having to deal with any of the actual points being discussed. It's silly, and I can't believe anyone would fall for this tactic. I'm out, I have better things to do with my time than schwabble with name calling.
Eteponge

Postby ciscop » 05 May 2010, 08:37

at the end of the day
all we got is a ¨he said, he said¨

nothing more

i guess this is where we cant go further :-(

you know your ¨scientist¨ wouldnt do that
i know psychics is all they do

so not much progress there

still
schwartz has no scientific validation but from radin who is another quack
while dawkins is pretty much, THE MAN :lol:
ciscop

Next

Return to General Discussions