[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Some psychic experiences I've had that amazed me : Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Some psychic experiences I've had that amazed me

Share your paranormal and psychic experiences here. Do you have any stories of how you came to realize that there were other dimensions or levels of reality? NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED!

Some psychic experiences I've had that amazed me

Postby Scepcop » 02 Jun 2009, 18:23

- When I was around 4 or 5, in the bedroom at night, I remember seeing this ball of pulsating light float into the bedroom. It made this loud electronic sound, and was very vivid. I felt paralyzed when I saw it. Nothing like that has ever happened again. Uri Geller said he had a similar experience as a child, but his was much more profound.

- During kindergarten when a teacher had an announcement to make on the playground, I immediately saw that she was going to announce that we were going to see The Empire Strikes Back. And sure enough, that's exactly what happened a few minutes later.

- Up until a few years ago, I often had sleep paralysis episodes where my body would fall asleep but my mind was still awake. Then I'd be paralyzed and gripped with fear and hear loud voices, often malignant ones, cursing at me. It took a lot of effort to wake up from them.

- One morning when I woke up, I immediately had a sense of knowing or realization that my girlfriend (first one back in 1995) had just gotten into a car accident. In a few minutes, she called me and told me just that.

- Last year when my girlfriend was pregnant and the day came for the sonar check to see if it was a boy or girl, right when we got into the clinic, I had a strong realization that it was a boy, that inner knowing again. I even said this as I was filming the ultra sound exam, then the next second our doctor confirmed that it was a boy.

- I also have guessed playing cards correctly 5 times in a row, but only the suit not the numbers. Still, that's pretty amazing odds. I had to concentrate though. And usually the correct suit would hit me just before I turned up the card, not before.

- More recently, I did this again in front of my Filipina girlfriend. She witnessed me guess 4 or 5 cards in a row, a few of them I even guessed the right number!

- I have done the pk experiment where you move a paper wheel on a toothpick with your mind. It doesn't always work, but there are times when I connect with it so well that I can move it left and right very easily.

- When I was in Poland, just before I returned to the states, I stayed with this one girl who was my host. While I was doing one card trick for her, she correctly guessed that I was pulling out the bottom card in the deck and pretending it came from a random place in the deck that she picked. So she shuffled the deck and made sure I didn't see the bottom card of the deck before giving the deck back to me to have me try it again without ever seeing the bottom of the deck.

Knowing that I could not do the trick properly, I decided to randomly guess the card for fun. I decided that when I pulled it out, my excuse would be some funny line I would use to excuse myself for the trick not working. So I just randomly said "Ace of Spades", but when I pulled out the bottom card, low and behold, it REALLY WAS the Ace of Spades!!!!!!!!

I was stunned and my heart almost skipped a beat. Not noticing the look of shock on my own face, my host said, "Oh well, I guess I was wrong, and I can't figure out how you did the trick then."

If I had left it at that, it would have been an unexplainable magic trick to her that she could never figure out. My secret would have been saved by an act of telepathy (or coincidence, however you want to look at it). And would have left her mystified.

But I couldn't resist sharing what had just really happened, so I told her about it, that I had intended to guess the wrong card and have it fail this time, because her original theory of how I was doing the trick was actually correct.

Anyhow, I took this incident as perhaps a sign from the universe that I may have gifts that I don't realize yet.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Some psychic experiences I've had that amazed me

Postby ciscop » 28 Jul 2009, 00:25

I am not trying to belittle your experience
i would like to point out
Ace of Spades is the single most thought of card for guys and Queen of hearts for Woman. (the card that nobody EVER mentions is the 9 of clubs)
and yes it was a great coincidence that it was that card. 1 in 52.
it is actually a punch line between magicians ¨think of any cards but not the ace of spades¨...

Also when you said that you know the next card.. the suit of the card
it is just 1 out of 4.. not that difficult and by pure chance you will get straight chains of hits
try to do it at least with 5 different cards, the zenner cards that were used for PSI by Dr. Rhine . (circle, star, square, wavy lines and cross)

have a good time
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Scepcop » 30 Jul 2009, 21:31

Thanks. But remember you are operating from a view that psi is impossible, so you seek other possibilities when in fact it is pretty much proven that psi is a reality.

Yeah in a 1 out of 4 chance, sometimes there will be straight chains of hits. However, I was NOT guessing randomly. I was heavily focused and concentrating. I felt like I was walking a tightrope in the dark. It was not easy at all. When I am focused like that, the chains happen, but not when I'm randomly guessing.

BTW, the description in this board says that no skeptics are allowed, just to let you know...
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ciscop » 31 Jul 2009, 05:02

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Scepcop » 03 Aug 2009, 20:56

ciscop, I thought you were a closed minded cynic? Whose side are you on? Are you a fence sitter, like Marcello Truzzi was?

So you have sleep paralysis too? or hypnagogic hallucinations? If you are halfway asleep sometimes you see these strange images like electronic cities, or scenes of people doing ordinary things. You ever experience that?

Even if they are hallucinations, there is still the question of where they are coming from exactly.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby gumpi » 03 Aug 2009, 22:14

Being half asleep and half awake seems to be a conduit to psychic experience because the ordinary 5 senses are somewhat switched off. Nature abhors a vacuum, so i guess the 6th sense fills that void.

I have had auditory hypnagogic "scenery" that i know is not coming from my own mind. There is something to explore here, especially since this hypnagogic state is basically very much like meditation. As to people not having psychic experiences though they meditate, i can only put it down to karma or close-mindedness. About 80% of the people that come close to death do not have an NDE. My guess is that the other 20% have psychic experiences in their lives before having an NDE. So i am postulating that psychic phenomena isn't widespread. And certainly the opponents of the NDE have no answer as to why 80% of oxygen starved brains don't have an NDE.
gumpi

Postby Scepcop » 03 Aug 2009, 22:41

Gumpi,
Can you describe these auditory hypnagogic "scenery" that you had?

How do you know it wasn't coming from your own mind?

Have you had sleep paralysis too?

Do you also see electronic cities in the hypnagogic state? I tend to. They look like the cities in that movie "Tron" from back in the 80's.

Didn't Wilbur Penfield, the father of neuroscience, say that his experiments showed that memory is not stored in the brain?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby ciscop » 04 Aug 2009, 04:00

i am not sure how is it called
but is a weird weird feeling
quite funny actually

and i just dont like magicians like jim callahan and dave koenig (the professor) that try to scam people with magic tricks and passing them as real...
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Aug 2009, 05:42

NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 04 Aug 2009, 13:19

well scescop asked me in what side of the fence i am on
and i dont think i have a side in changes from topic to topic
i dont believe there is a bigfoot for instance and with psychic i dont know.. so it changes
i just know i am on the other side when it refers to people like dave koenig and callahan
thats why winston calls me a skeptic
which i might be

and when it refers to that sleep stage
i really dont know
i will have to read what you have to said about it
i dont have studies like you do to talk about that state
and i dont see cities, i just cant open my eyes, the body feels all tingly but i cant move
then when i finally open my eyes i get to see those ghosts or figments of my imagination
i dont know what they are or where they come from
on this one i just really dont know
however i think is a funny feeling
ciscop

Postby Scepcop » 08 Aug 2009, 22:56

Scepcop
Site Admin

Return to Share Your Paranormal and Psychic Experiences