[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Dunno if this is paranormal or not... : General Discussions • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Dunno if this is paranormal or not...

Discuss General Topics.

Dunno if this is paranormal or not...

Postby NucleicAcid » 20 Apr 2010, 09:09

I am not sure if this is paranormal or just physics. However, I don't really care because it is

Hey, you there. Yes, you.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
NucleicAcid

Re: Dunno if this is paranormal or not...

Postby ciscop » 20 Apr 2010, 16:04

thats cool
thx for sharing
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Craig Browning » 20 Apr 2010, 20:27

I could barely make things out but it looks similar to a chi demonstration I've seen done with nails and a board... quite interesting.
Craig Browning

Postby Nostradamus » 20 Apr 2010, 21:02

It's really hard to make out. I don't see that the object is sticking through the seat until the cut to the close up.

I don't see the difference between this and the magic trick my dad used to show us where he pushed a stick into one side of his head and pulled it out the other.

You can't see under the seat when the stick is being "pushed down".

You have to notice that a stick pushed into another piece of wood seems to be very easy to remove in that last second of video. Every try to pull a nail with your fingers?
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 20 Apr 2010, 23:41

it reminded me the pencil trick of the joker in the dark knight
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NucleicAcid » 21 Apr 2010, 02:48

There is another video, I think it's the same guy, in which he definitely embeds the chop stick in a table, then karate chops the end off. It's in there pretty solidly.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
NucleicAcid

Postby Nostradamus » 21 Apr 2010, 03:35

I bet I could do the following for a video.
1. Drill a hole in a wooden board
2. Fill the hole with toothpaste
3. Paint over the hole
4. Push a stick into the hole
5. snap off the stick

or maybe replace steps 1 to 3 by drilling from the back side with a Forstner drill till the tip appeared. Then you know where to push.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 21 Apr 2010, 03:48

I'm sorry to say that I thought the same thing about an obscure, pre-drilled hole. It wasn't the best video either.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NucleicAcid » 21 Apr 2010, 03:58

Sure, anything's possible.

Here's another video, with several stunts by this guy. Might be magic tricks, but I think the chopstick one is just neat physics. Ever put a straw through a potato?

Again, that's why I titled this thread what I did. I'm not hugely convinced myself. But it looks wicked cool. Do you guys go to magic shows and go, "That's just a magic trick, lame!"

NucleicAcid

Postby ciscop » 21 Apr 2010, 04:19

not sure it is even possible to put a chopstick thru wood

anyway.. being fake or not
i like it
is pretty cool
ciscop

Postby NucleicAcid » 21 Apr 2010, 09:24

Like, mechanically it's totally possible. You could do it with a decent spudgun. Whether that can be done with PHYSICAL strength, that's a trickier question.

NucleicAcid

Postby ciscop » 21 Apr 2010, 09:40

yeah.. i think you can do it with a nail and stuff
but a chopstick would break (that´s what i would think..) but who knows

asian martial artists (which is kind of redundant)
are quite impressive.. they do train a lifetime to pull off stunts like that one

there´s a chinese magician (which has nothing to do with martial artists i know)
that only does one trick.. he produces bowls of fishes.. all his routine consists in producing fishes..
i think that´s awesome
training a lifetime for a single routine.. i love the idea of it. just one single trick..
ciscop

Postby jakesteele » 10 May 2010, 07:41

Debunkers think all UFO photos are fake,
especially the real ones.
jakesteele

Postby Craig Browning » 10 May 2010, 20:37

Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 10 May 2010, 20:44

ProfWag

Next

Return to General Discussions