[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Video of mysterious blue spiral lights over Norway : UFO's / Aliens / ET's - Page 3 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Video of mysterious blue spiral lights over Norway

Discussion about UFO's, Aliens, ET's, Alien Abductions, Ancient Astronaut theories, etc.

Re: Video of mysterious blue spiral lights over Norway

Postby NucleicAcid » 30 Mar 2010, 10:43

Hey, you there. Yes, you.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
NucleicAcid

Postby Nostradamus » 30 Mar 2010, 20:36

My thought when I went over the words was that it was the maiden voyage, not launch, of the world's largest cruise ship. I can certainly see the LHC, too. I don't see the match up with anything in particular. If there are 100 targets and 1 is chosen at random, then how can anyone say the viewing worked. It appears to me that the match up being done allows almost anything to be marked as a hit.

If an rv is claimed to match up to:
1. a failed rocket launch
2. a particle accelerator
3. a cruise ship voyage

then I suppose it can be matched up to just about anything. This seems to be the emperor's new clothes.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby NucleicAcid » 31 Mar 2010, 12:22

Nos, I think you still don't quite get how the matching process works, and Daz will probably just flip out because he's explained it so many times, so I'll beat him to the point. :-P

Oversimplified, it works like this:

Chronologically:
1. A random number is generated for the trial, let's call it TRVA-0123, set for let's say May 10, 2010
2. Today, the remote viewer targets the (future) target TRVA-0123
3. The report is encrypted and basically forgotten about for a few weeks
4. On May 10th, someone else blind to anything the RVers have done, picks a target, it could be a random event that occurred that day, or sometimes an algorithm is used to pick a specific event to ensure random selection, such as a computer will indicate "Pick an event on the 3rd page of the B section of the New York Times for May 10, 2010"
5. The target is completely selected at this point and recorded somewhere as "This is the target for TRVA-0123"
6. The TRVA-0123 file is then de-encrypted (remember, no one has seen it except for the RVer who wrote it, until now)
7. TRVA-0123 is compared against the actual target, and determined how close a match is.

It's not bad as double-blind goes, but there needs to be a more objective way of rating the hits vs misses. This is pretty much the entirety of the AIR report debates.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
NucleicAcid

Postby Nostradamus » 31 Mar 2010, 12:54

I understand what they are doing. As you say the problem is in the match up. My issue is that the statements are so vague that a wide range of targets 'match up'. When I asked daz about this he simply said that they designed there rv to be this way. In effect he is saying that he uses a method which is so vague that it dissolves into an argument over the hit. Sure this is the design. But the design is a waste of time. It's total crap.

We've already seen daz try to claim that the words music and whatever mean tornado. Or he claims that straight lines really mean a spiral. In addition there are the contradictions such as claims that naming is bad, yet specific names are scattered throughout the reports such as Dubai and Milan.

As far as experiments go this is terrible. It's pointless.
Nostradamus

Postby NucleicAcid » 01 Apr 2010, 05:17

NucleicAcid

Postby Nostradamus » 01 Apr 2010, 22:02

Another idea is to have a pool of possible targets and the target is chosen from the pool. Then, the rv group is shown the possible targets and identifies the chosen target. That allows the viewer that has performed the viewing to make the determination. It eliminates the viewer needing to report what they viewed in a manner that is understandable to others and avoids the interpretation of what is written by others.
Nostradamus

Postby NucleicAcid » 02 Apr 2010, 03:05

Sure, so sort of like the Ganzfeld procedure.

Really, I think it boils down to results. While psi may or may not turn out to be an odd phenomena that proves the existence of free will and consciousness, but is a novelty beyond that, remote viewing is very specifically a utilitarian-driven discipline. I understand the need for practice, but I think the best show would be using those abilities to find stuff. Ed Dames claims to do that over at his corp, but all they have done is sell lots of his Learn Remote Viewing series, and make odd claims about alien cylinders filled with pathogen crashing into Africa. I can't imagine there would be any short of missing people to find.

If a group even has even a FRACTION of the analytical power that that guy claims to have (I'm not sure how legit that test it, because I'm not sure how legit Ed Dames and his company is) you could help find so many people, things, etc. That sort of marketability, if it could be harnessed, would really help psi get positive attention, because any time ANY niche thing finds a market, it takes off.

Groups have been "selling" remote viewing services for a while now, but it hasn't taken off. I would imagine the main reason would be inconsistent results. If it's because you're dealing with a living, conscious force that likes to "hide" when it gets too much publicity (the shy psi hypothesis), that's one thing, but just SAY that.

For example, I know Targ did ARV experiments and raised a bunch of money for psi research, Greg Kolodziejzyk did the same thing at remote-viewing.com, but two or three other groups have failed. That may be just be a finesse thing (no one said it's easy), but it seems like Daz et al have all the resources. They have a team of really good viewers, some of them very talented.

Daz, have you tried anything like this? If not, why not give it a shot? In fact, I know someone who would even be able to hook you up with capital (and does believe in psi) and is looking for exactly this opportunity.

NucleicAcid

Previous

Return to UFO's / Aliens / ET's