[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Is Randi about to die? He says he's gay today. : JREF / Randi Challenge - Page 4 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Is Randi about to die? He says he's gay today.

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Is Randi about to die? He says he's gay today.

Postby highflyertoo » 24 Mar 2010, 01:33

Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby Craig Browning » 24 Mar 2010, 03:21

ISSUE ONE re: "Fagot"... just like the famed "N" word... if you happen to be one you can use the term without it being politically incorrect... I burnt down my closet in the late 70's :lol:

ISSUE TWO re: Randi the Reader... I'll have to check around, I have some articles on his doing stuff as well as copies of some of his press materials from when he was doing such. I can only recall that is was in around 1953 but he was out of it by the early 60s. He (and the converts of the JREF church) shrug it off as his doing "research" in learning how they operated so he could later debunk them... yea... right up there with Clinton claiming the Oral Sex isn't the same thing as having sexual relations with someone...

It may take me a bit of time, but I'll try to find the material again and post it... it's quite good. :lol:
Craig Browning

Postby Kevin Kane » 24 Mar 2010, 03:28

Kevin Kane

Postby really? » 24 Mar 2010, 04:33

I feel ashamed to be a member of this forum with the likes of you three.
really?

Postby Kevin Kane » 24 Mar 2010, 04:36

Kevin Kane

Postby Kevin Kane » 24 Mar 2010, 05:35

Checking the gay news pages, it's surprising how few reported this news, many don't even know who James Randi is. Here's the Advocate:
http://www.advocate.com/Arts_and_Entert ... di_Im_Gay/

"One of the world's most negative, faith-bashing crank is gay. But doesn't like the word. Oh, what joyful news.."

"It took 30 years but Harvey's message finally got through to a straggler. I admire Randi for many reasons but I pity his long years of self-imposed silence. It is discouraging that a culture's homophobia infiltrates even the enlightened mind of a James Randi."

"Inspired by "Milk," huh? I guess it's a good thing Harvey didn't wait til he was 71 (he'd be 79 now if he'd lived). I like James Randi but I'm a little puzzled by this - why wait til the age of 71?"

"Who?"
Kevin Kane

Postby Nostradamus » 24 Mar 2010, 06:01

Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 24 Mar 2010, 06:06

Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 24 Mar 2010, 06:08

Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 24 Mar 2010, 09:05

what a shame..
this forum is full of homophobes and bigots

interestling enought
is gotta be in the dumb side of the fence
the ones that are against gays

i guess liberalism indeed is tie it up with intelligence

by the way.. i am on the WHO GIVES A CRAP what the hell he is
is not like Craig is telling us what he is doing in the bedroom or HF2 or kevin NOR do i want to know
Is none of my business.
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Kevin Kane » 24 Mar 2010, 10:01

This forum is filled with homophobes and bigots? Oh wait .. most of the active members of this board are skeptics. And considering that I've been a life-long supporter of gays, saved gays from suicide, saved gays from abuse, had many gay friends and a lesbian mother, I'd say that the skeptics at this forum are the homophobes. IMO.
Kevin Kane

Postby Nostradamus » 24 Mar 2010, 10:09

Kevin you said "I'd say that the skeptics at this forum are the homophobes."

Are you claiming to be a skeptic? Is HF2 claiming to be a skeptic?
Nostradamus

Postby Kevin Kane » 24 Mar 2010, 10:24

Any man who loves James Randi must be gay. If Randi can come out of the closet, so can ciscop and ND.
Kevin Kane

Postby Nostradamus » 24 Mar 2010, 10:32

Nostradamus

Postby highflyertoo » 24 Mar 2010, 10:35

Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge