[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Jesus et al miracles : Religion / Theology • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Jesus et al miracles

Discussions Religion and Theology, Scriptures, Bible Debate, etc.

Jesus et al miracles

Postby Nostradamus » 12 Mar 2010, 13:48

Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Re: Jesus et al miracles

Postby Craig Browning » 12 Mar 2010, 21:33

The first thing that's always bothered me with this stuff is what it seems to be a Catholic exclusive? And why, if I take a dump and it happens to fall in a shape that looks like JC or any one of the various Saints, every fanatic in the area that have a High School or less education and (typically) comes out of a 3rd world culture of influence (mostly Hispanic in my experience) wants to be a witness to that miracle?

I know that might sound offensive to some, but GIVE ME A BREAK! These people see "God" (that invisible, can't be defined, omnipresent IS) everywhere in one form or another and in some of the oddest places... toasts, bagels, water-stains on glass and brick, tree bark patterns, etc. But then they tend to see the devil (who is NEVER described in the bible) all over the place as well.

Now maybe I'm being short sighted and cruel, but I believe there is medication for folks that have this kind of hallucination :roll:
Last edited by Craig Browning on 08 May 2010, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Mar 2010, 22:03

Excellent points Craig. Since all that exists are artist images and interpretations of Jesus Christ, it would be pretty hard to confirm any likeness.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 12 Mar 2010, 22:06

Great post Craig. I have to agree with you there.

I've never been in the area of one of these sightings. I want to ask a believer why an all powerful god needs to reveal themselves in a dent on a rusted out car. That doesn't give me much confidence in the all powerful claim.

I remember as a kid reading the Amityville Horror novel. I'm thinking here comes that super evil think that is so powerful it can rattle a chair. That's really evil. I remember something about a wooden carving biting someone. That's bad. The rest of it was pretty meek stuff like a stinky toilet and some flies. That's what I'd do if I were super evil I'd sick my flies on someone. Forget the huge snakes, dogs, lions, and other fanged creatures go with the toothless beast with the open circulatory system.
Nostradamus

Postby Craig Browning » 13 Mar 2010, 09:06

About two years ago there was a big deal in Springfield, Mass. about a window in the local Catholic Hospital (of course) in which the Virgin was supposedly visible... every freakn' Puerto Rican withing 200 miles if would seem, stood vigil in the parking lot and made the area such a bottle neck that officials were forced to remove the window, crate it up and send it to some University for study... the primary assumption being that it was simple the pattern made by water stains over the years.

I honestly don't get it. But what really irks me is when the Statute of the Goddess that was found in India some years ago, the one that drank milk offerings, everyone rushed to call it both, a hoax (because non-christians/catholics can't know real miracles) and thus, it had to be Satan manifesting his power on earth in order to sway people from the "truth" (another great fable).
Craig Browning

Postby Nostradamus » 13 Mar 2010, 09:36

Great examples Craig. How did I miss such excellent examples of seeing nothing. No wonder the Emperor's New Clothes was written hundreds of years ago.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 17 Mar 2010, 10:27

Check out the link to see lots of photos including the Virgin Mary in a pancake.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 17 Mar 2010, 10:29

Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 17 Mar 2010, 10:32

Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 17 Mar 2010, 10:34

How odd. Jesus decides to use bacon as a medium. I find that rather strange since he was Jewish.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 17 Mar 2010, 19:20

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 17 Mar 2010, 20:08

I do tend to have a skewed perception of most things. But think about it for a minute.............. BACON?
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 17 Mar 2010, 23:08

Craig Browning

Postby Nostradamus » 17 Mar 2010, 23:09

Not only bacon, but the act of a drunk guy!
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 17 Mar 2010, 23:13

Nostradamus

Next

Return to Religion / Theology