[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Great Wolf Messing! : Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

The Great Wolf Messing!

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: The Great Wolf Messing!

Postby Nostradamus » 10 Mar 2010, 10:56

This is by far the most interesting thread I've read on this forum. Thanks for all of the great posts.

The only thing I can add is that the opening credits for the Messing clips is a night shot of the mountains west of Las Vegas. I've climbed most of those cliffs. Some are over 1500 vertical feet and I mean vertical.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 10 Mar 2010, 14:18

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Nostradamus » 10 Mar 2010, 22:11

I have had some creepy events.

I was climbing in North Carolina at a place called Moore's Wall. It's really steep and scary. The day was nice with a thick fog in the trees. I was climbing with someone that I just met. He was pretty good, definitely better than I was. We did a climb and then decided to return to the cars for lunch. On the way back in the fog we kept hearing weird sounds. Then I was stunned. We were walking along the path at the base of this cliff and there right in front of me hanging on a bush was a really expensive piece of gear. I picked it up and showed my climbing partner. He looking around and found more. In a few minutes we found over $300 of gear scattered through a small area. So we figured that either someone accidentally dropped their gear or got to the top and threw it off the top screaming, "I am never doing this stupid sport ever again - I want to live." We were laughing on the last comment when a gust of wind suddenly opened up the fog and revealed what looked like a dead body on the ground covered with vultures. The eerie sounds have apparently been the flutter of vulture wings as they wrestled for space to feed on this body. This guy and I were transfixed. "Oh, my god who is it?" We slowly walked through the fog that had come back in to obscure the view. This guy was pushing me forward to look and I was too dumbfounded to stop him. It turned out that the body was actually a deer. The deer had 4 broken legs. It must have fallen off of the very high cliff and bounced out to where it finally came to rest.

What was eerie is that the coincidence of the heaps of climbing gear and a dead animal had both of us convinced that there was a dead person being eaten by vultures. Our minds seem to want to put the available data into a pattern. Fortunately, we checked out the situation instead of heading into town to report a dead body in the woods.
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 11 Mar 2010, 04:39

ooh man that´s scary!!

that beats easily my ku kux klan story
which i will tell some other time!
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Craig Browning » 11 Mar 2010, 05:09

:shock: Ok... but why would a deer have $300.00 in climbing gear with him?
Craig Browning

Postby Nostradamus » 11 Mar 2010, 08:59

We never found out where the gear came from. That's the misdirection that led us to believe it was a human body at the base of the cliff. I wonder why the deer went over the edge.
Nostradamus

Postby ProfWag » 11 Mar 2010, 21:50

Perhaps Bigfoot killed the hiker and then a chupakabra came and ate the hiker and then a space alien landed to see what all the comotion was about and they killed the deer because they were afraid it would report back to our leader and then the vultures came and ate the deer. Bet you hadn't thought of that scenario... ;-)
(Not sure what any of that has to do with Wolf Messing, but perhaps he was involved somehow...)
ProfWag

Postby Nostradamus » 11 Mar 2010, 22:38

Wasn't it Jon Lovitz on SNL that used to say, "That's it. Yeah, that's exactly what happened."
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 11 Mar 2010, 23:34

ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Mar 2010, 23:45

NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 12 Mar 2010, 01:07

Thanks. I knew I had the quote a bit messed up. Now the old man jokes are coming my way. I can sense my impending doom.
Nostradamus

Postby ProfWag » 12 Mar 2010, 01:26

Seeing that I'm still in a teenager in my eyes, I feel bad for you old people...
ProfWag

Postby Nostradamus » 12 Mar 2010, 01:38

One word to describe that - cruel.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 12 Mar 2010, 02:23

Here is something that you 'youngins' might be able to relate to-

NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 12 Mar 2010, 02:37

I was just teazin. I actually found my first grey hair the other day so I'm right up there with ya'll...
ProfWag

PreviousNext

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy