[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Salvia divinorum : Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Salvia divinorum

Discussions about Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine.

Salvia divinorum

Postby Nostradamus » 08 Mar 2010, 11:46

Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Re: Salvia divinorum

Postby Nostradamus » 09 Mar 2010, 03:33

Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Mar 2010, 03:39

I believe that there are many plants that grow wild that can give you a good buzz or better. The trick is know which ones might kill you in the process if you are not aquainted with their potency.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 09 Mar 2010, 03:41

ProfWag

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Mar 2010, 03:46

Missing me? Who'da thunk? I had a meeting this morning. There are times when I actually have to work. However few and far between they may be. :lol:
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 09 Mar 2010, 04:01

I like the name of this plant. My other favorite is ilex vomitoria. Does that describe the plant's effect or not?
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Mar 2010, 04:03

I think ilex is 'holly' and of course the vomit part probably gives a clue. I will now google to see if memory serves me or not.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Mar 2010, 04:06

Ooooh, trick question you have there ND. I was right on the 'holly' part.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 09 Mar 2010, 04:07

NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 09 Mar 2010, 05:16

If you live in Arkansas you can see some nice examples of the ilex tree planted at Hot Springs National Park. The signs at the park do claim emetic properties for the tree's sap.
Nostradamus

Postby NucleicAcid » 29 Mar 2010, 07:13

That's fascinating...we've always called those plants Bird Berries, with the insight of "Don't eat those, you'll get sick."

I kinda wanna try them now...

Also, salvia is pretty sweet.
Hey, you there. Yes, you.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
NucleicAcid

Postby NinjaPuppy » 29 Mar 2010, 19:15

There is also a nice ilex garden in NJ at Rutgers. I had the opportunity to learn about the holly from Dr. Orton. http://agproducts.rutgers.edu/dr_orton.html
NinjaPuppy

Return to Holistic Health / Alternative Medicine