[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The Skeptic Damping Effect : Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

The Skeptic Damping Effect

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: The Skeptic Damping Effect

Postby ciscop » 23 Feb 2010, 12:46

well
how would i feel if i was the CEO that got fired because he hired Uri to find oil in australia?

how would you feel if you spent thousand of dollars in crystals charged with uri psychic energy?

that guy is a charlatan and deserves the fire he gets from the skeptics
if it was for guys like you, anything goes
psychics do exist and unicorns will fart purple rainbows

not in this world :lol:
well.. at least uri isnt..
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ciscop » 23 Feb 2010, 13:08

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Kevin Kane » 23 Feb 2010, 13:13

Kevin Kane

Postby Craig Browning » 23 Feb 2010, 15:23

Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 23 Feb 2010, 21:18

ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 23 Feb 2010, 21:39

ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 24 Feb 2010, 00:09

:lol: Yes, there is a "hustle" factor when it comes to such interactions and one's price tag. Ironically, most of the psychic types I know that do legal and even some military type work aren't out headline chasing and in fact, choose to keep what they do quiet. In the words of one particular lady that does this kind of thing "I don't need more headaches in my life than I have living as a normal person in society..."

In the cases I was referring to (and like the 9/11 situation) those involved at the "official" level who get the "psychic feedback" as it were, don't listen to just one person but the "hunches" of several, including what more "legit" sources are finding when they reach out to look in the direction the psychic's are pointing to; it's a kind of cooperative course of action in which the psychics are just one very small part of the over-all activity. Though I have had training by a couple of the people that do this sort of consulting at the more consistent level, I'm very much on the outer fringes when it comes to knowing what's what and how it all comes together. I was drawn in for a brief period because of the radio show broadcast and the dots that got connected, nothing more.

As an "Entertainer" I will exploit "Headline Predictions" -- tricks that look prophetic but tricks just the same. This is nowhere close to how things work when it comes to situations like the 9/11 impressions; the latter being part of my private life as someone tied to a shamanic-based/gnostic mode of spirituality and thus, what I discover on that plane stays there... it's typically very private and shared only with other members of "the community". Sadly, I tend to be brutally honest and when I was asked by the Shock Jock hosting the show what parting visions I had for the future, I told him about how like-minded souls in the region were all picking up on the same kind of impressions, visions, etc. The rest, as they say, is history.

PARDON my jumping to conclusions but how you worded your bullet points felt exactly like the common set-up used by the majority of cynics when they are sharpening their teeth to pounce on a "Psychic". It is something I tend to be very gun-shy over, mainly because of the redundancy of it all and the fact that it never brings about any kind of resolution; people will see things and believe things based on what their personal experiences are in life, that's the bottom line. If circumstances allow them to look at those situations differently for whatever reason, then it is possible that a shift in attitude happens... what some refer to as a "Spiritual Awakening" or, to the contrary, a more reinforced course of "denial" -- not "denial" in the sense of personal non-acceptance to something but more in the sense of not wanting to or hosting the conviction that permits belief in things fantastic.

With this in mind, I repeat what I said previously, hoping that we don't turn this into a classic cat & mouse game ;)
Craig Browning

Postby ciscop » 24 Feb 2010, 02:14

what?
you felt 9/11 ?
you predicted it?

im not sure i understood the story
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 24 Feb 2010, 03:56

ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 25 Feb 2010, 02:52

Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 25 Feb 2010, 03:37

ProfWag

Postby Craig Browning » 26 Feb 2010, 00:27

From what I've seen and been told when it comes to the Psychic situation there is a lot more involved than just buying into someone's "hunch" even though that hunch might prove the starting point. Basically, if one of the trusted "psychics" flash on something that seems to coincide with other data (especially if the psychic is not aware of a given project and that's what the information ties to) they will us said data as a kind of compass, allowing them to look at the situation on a more broad or alternative perspective type basis. But it's never (to my knowledge) 100% "the psychic said this so we need to do that..." sort of thing, it's far more logic centered and certainly just one small part of an over-all (and proven) method.

I am aware of one case in which two or three of the psychic advisers (for lack of a better term) were able to pin point where Bin Laden was but by the time authorities could make their move he was already on the move. These "P.A."s were literally explaining and detailing his movements for several days, their insights confirmed after the fact with glaring accuracy, but it just wasn't enough to justify a quicker, more concise response in that there wasn't enough traditional intelligence available to support what the P.A.s were seeing.

I'm positive such things are very frustrating to everyone involved but especially those PAs that are trying to be of assistance.
Craig Browning

Postby Nostradamus » 26 Feb 2010, 23:53

Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 27 Feb 2010, 00:03

Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 27 Feb 2010, 00:14

Getting back to the original question, I feel that the goat sheep effect is a way out. A while back someone suggested a means of countering the goats. I recommended that they do this and see if it works. They bowed out. The goat-sheep effect is something that is unknown to exist. It is taken for granted that it does exist.

To me it is an excuse, and I paraphrase, "ESP works in mysterious ways." Isn't this the explanation used to explain why evil sometimes outlives good, or evil can prosper while the good are downtrodden?
Nostradamus

PreviousNext

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy