View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

A Vanishing: Forum Post Mystery

Discuss General Topics.

A Vanishing: Forum Post Mystery

Postby Craig Browning » 23 Feb 2010, 00:35

In going through threads this morning I found a very strange phenomena; words and terms I know I typed in posts were missing!

I've already gone back in and "filled in the blanks" with a couple of past posts, but it makes me ponder what else might not be showing up.

I don't know if it's a glitch with the software of what... I suspect the lame "instant link" program that seems to be so prevalent on this forum given its penchant to link terms that make absolutely no sense whatsoever, but that may just be my bias towards such an annoyance. Regardless, I thought I'd mention it here so the Powers that Be might look into it. ;)
Craig Browning

Re: A Vanishing: Forum Post Mystery

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Feb 2010, 02:34

Craig - I'll check into it. We do not have any sort of list of 'unaccpetable' words, so that can't be it and yes, those stupid 'info link' things make me crazy too!
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 Feb 2010, 02:43

OK, no edits and no deletions with anything by you, the mods, or admin. I did remove a few spammer ditties this morning and I will take down an entire topic if started by spammers if not topic related to the general theme of this forum. Can you point me in a specific direction as to exactly what 'poofed'? PM me if you like as I'd like to figure out what is causing this.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Craig Browning » 23 Feb 2010, 15:26

It was just a few odd words... typically a term just prior to a , being set in the sentence. It was very odd to see. If I find it happening again I'll do a cut & paste so show it to you.
Craig Browning

Postby NinjaPuppy » 24 Feb 2010, 00:17

Thank you.
NinjaPuppy

Return to General Discussions