[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Debunking Pseudoskepticism: Common fallacies on ET/UFO : UFO's / Aliens / ET's • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Debunking Pseudoskepticism: Common fallacies on ET/UFO

Discussion about UFO's, Aliens, ET's, Alien Abductions, Ancient Astronaut theories, etc.

Debunking Pseudoskepticism: Common fallacies on ET/UFO

Postby Indigo Child » 22 May 2009, 08:46

Last edited by Indigo Child on 23 May 2009, 04:29, edited 1 time in total.
Indigo Child

Re: Debunking Pseudoskepticism: Common fallacies on ET/UFO

Postby Scepcop » 22 May 2009, 22:34

Excellent! I'll link this post to the home page. It is very relevant and exposes a lot of common fallacies of pseudo-skeptics!

Great job. We should put you on the committee too!

Regards,
Vinstonas
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby jakesteele » 06 Jun 2009, 08:37

Your post is outstanding. I am bookmarking it under my 'debunking' folder.

I wanted to add something to the argument about not being able to go FTL. I will try to find the link, but for now I will give you the overview. About 10-15 yrs. ago a physicist from Mexico or Spain came up with a plausible, but currently, infeasible theory that states if you had monster engines at the front and back of you ship you could contract the SOL in front of you and expand the SOL in back of you. What this would mean is that if you and I had a race to exactly 1 light year out, I would still be traveling at the SOL like you but I would arrive there sooner.

That was the gist of it, but the 'engine' part I can't remember well enough to explain right now. Like I said, I will try to find the link.
Debunkers think all UFO photos are fake,
especially the real ones.
jakesteele

Postby jakesteele » 06 Jun 2009, 08:43

Hey, guess what? I found the following links pertaining to the above post of mine about SOL. Check them out, it's fascinating.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80bea ... star-trek/

http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/2141 ... ster-light
Debunkers think all UFO photos are fake,
especially the real ones.
jakesteele

Postby Scepcop » 08 Jun 2009, 12:08

What is an SOL?
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Eteponge » 15 Jun 2009, 16:12

Like Jacque Valle, I think there's much more going on with the UFO Phenomenon than merely the ET Hypothesis. Some of it may be extra-dimensional in nature, rather than ET. (I.E. Visitors from another dimension or reality.)

Other aspects of the UFO Phenomenon are more Paranormal in nature, like cases where UFOs are spotted in areas of "high strangeness" where STRONG paranormal activity is taking place (Good Example: Skinwalker Ranch, look it up), and cases where there are multiple eye-witnesses, and some will clearly see a UFO, and others will see nothing, and the ones who did see the UFO will sometimes describe the UFO differently. One fascinating case I read was of a woman who saw a UFO that was clearly the Starship Enterprise flying upside down, and another where a man saw a George Adamski styled UFO flying in the sky (even though Adamski has been pretty much debunked as a hoaxer, and the guy who saw the Adamski typed UFO also thinks Adamski was a hoaxer, and he commented that "it seems the phenomenon is trying to discredit itself" when he saw that Adamski typed UFO).

Then there is the crypto-terrestrial theory, that some UFOs may be from a hidden civilization here, far more advanced than us, either co-existed extra-dimensionally, or hidden deep underneath the ocean (which would explain USOs).

With that well known book on DMT, I think it's called "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" they were able to induce Alien Abductions via DMT experiences. However, the author argued that they may have been tapping into other dimensions or realities during their experiences. (From what I recall.) However, there are documented cases of abductees receiving physical marks and implants that have been removed. So, maybe there are multiple levels to this.

There is not one single UFO explanation that fits ALL the data. Some appear to be ET in nature, others appear to be extra-dimensional in nature, others appears to be Paranormal in nature. Some are obviously physical objects (take many trace evidence cases for example), yet others appear to be non-physical. I think UFOs are coming from different sources, not all are ET, or extra-dimensional, or Paranormal, or what have you, but there are cases that would fit each.
"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Eteponge » 14 Jul 2009, 00:13

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby Nostradamus » 08 Aug 2009, 14:22

Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Scepcop » 09 Aug 2009, 12:45

Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Nostradamus » 09 Aug 2009, 21:09

Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 09 Aug 2009, 21:47

Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 10 Aug 2009, 23:34

Nostradamus

Postby Indigo Child » 30 May 2010, 21:04

Last edited by Indigo Child on 14 Jun 2010, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
Indigo Child

Postby Indigo Child » 30 May 2010, 21:21

Dear Nostradamus,

I realise you posted this in 2009, and I have only just saw your post today, as I
have been away for a while, busy with work. Hopefully, you are still around to see
my response.

The point I am making in this argument is that the phenonenon of life in the universe is 100%,
and we know this by the fact that there is life on Earth. There is therefore no reason to reject
the possibility that life has not happened on other planets where the conditions are present. The
fact that we know there are billions of planets with similar conditions, gives us no reason to doubt
that these planets could harbour life. To deny this would be like denying the fact that there maybe
a planet where there is no gravity, when we know that if an object has mass it will have gravity, through
the universal law of gravitation. Similarly, if a planet has life supporting conditions, it should have life.
Last edited by Indigo Child on 14 Jun 2010, 09:11, edited 1 time in total.
Indigo Child

Postby Nostradamus » 30 May 2010, 22:10

Nostradamus

Next

Return to UFO's / Aliens / ET's