View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Alien Abductions May Be Vivid Dreams, Study Shows

Discussion about UFO's, Aliens, ET's, Alien Abductions, Ancient Astronaut theories, etc.

Re: Alien Abductions May Be Vivid Dreams, Study Shows

Postby August West » 25 Mar 2012, 08:27

Please. Like wag could explain away the Walton case under any circumstance, he just needs to be asked nicely?

You people deserve each other.
August West

Postby Arouet » 25 Mar 2012, 09:07

August West wrote:Please. Like wag could explain away the Walton case under any circumstance, he just needs to be asked nicely?

You people deserve each other.

You do know that skepticism isn't about "explaining away" stuff. It's about evaluating claims.

Also, most people like to have conversations with people who aren't douches. But you know that since you seem to have the same impact on every forum you go to. You tell yourself its because they just don't accept your claims - but its not that. It's that you come across as a first class jerk. But you know this. You just don't care. So why should anyone care about you?
Arouet

Postby August West » 25 Mar 2012, 09:13

you whine like a woman.
August West

Postby Arouet » 25 Mar 2012, 09:58

August West wrote:you whine like a woman.

sexist too! you're just an all 'round swell guy, aintcha?
Arouet

Postby August West » 25 Mar 2012, 11:21

Everybody whines, nothing sexist about that. But when you whine, you do so in a very feminine manner. Not that there's anything wrong with that. This is America, you are free to be who you are, and I support your freedom to whine in whatever manner you choose. Whether that whining resembles an elderly, nagging housewife, or a petulant teenage girl, these are choices you have made, and I support your right to do so.

Now please stop hijacking the discussion with your posts that have nothing to do with the topic, it seems you're incapable of sticking to a topic, this thread is about alien abductions and vivid dreams. Do you have anything to add that is relevant?

I doubt it, but you're welcome to prove me wrong.
August West

Postby ProfWag » 25 Mar 2012, 20:25

Arouet wrote:
August West wrote:Tell me how vivid dreaming explains away the Travis Walton case, you empty blowhard. Up to the task?

How can you resist an invitation like that PW? :D

I'm done with August West. Period. He has shown he cannot be mature in his posts and he has shown he must twist some facts to support his/her side of a story. I won't discuss a topic with someone like that. Sorry.
But one last comment on August's posts, but only because it might help others. I don't use wikipedia to reference subjects. I never let my students do it and I won't either. I have studied briefly the Travis Walton Case so I already had some knowledge. However, the exact source I used to verify my memory was: http://www.travis-walton.com/ordinary.html
When August claimed the abduction was in broad daylight, I thought that was incorrect. Per Walton's own words, "the sun had set half an hour ago."
ProfWag

Postby August West » 25 Mar 2012, 21:50

Great, because I've been hoping this dog-face would shut up a long time ago. He takes other peoples personal information and posts it around the internet without permission, then acts like there's nothing wrong with that.

Wag insists that all alien abductees behave politely and beg politely to be believed, anyone who calls him on his long list of bullshit? Well, their attitude means they can't be an alien contactee! LOL How professorial!

He's an old, old guy who most likely has no family, no wife, and few friends, who has posted here over 3000 times in about 900 days. Jesus, that's a sign of mental illness more than anything else!

If I hit a thousand posts here, please, you have my permission to have me committed. Anything not to end up like ol' wag.
August West

Postby Arouet » 25 Mar 2012, 22:09

August West wrote:Wag insists that all alien abductees behave politely and beg politely to be believed, anyone who calls him on his long list of bullshit? Well, their attitude means they can't be an alien contactee! LOL How professorial!

Would you agree that all things being equal, a rude belligerent person is less likely to be sincere than a calm, polite person?

He's an old, old guy who most likely has no family, no wife, and few friends, who has posted here over 3000 times in about 900 days. Jesus, that's a sign of mental illness more than anything else!

If I hit a thousand posts here, please, you have my permission to have me committed. Anything not to end up like ol' wag.

I always find it humourous when people make fun of others for posting on an internet forum - while posting on an internet forum!
Arouet

Postby August West » 26 Mar 2012, 01:21

zzz writes:
Would you agree that all things being equal, a rude belligerent person is less likely to be sincere than a calm, polite person?

Not at all. Sorry, but it doesn't follow logically. And it is further proof that you people do not speak to many alien contactees.

First, I reject your use of "rude and belligerent", I simply defended myself and my experiences. "Rude and belligerent" describes you people more than it does me. I gave what I got, I believe you used the word "troll" to insult me in your first post about me, isn't that correct?

I think it more accurate to say I have been "unapologetic and steadfast" in defending myself and my experiences. "Strident" or "unwavering".

A person has a profound experience, and gains knowledge that would change the entire world if it were understood to be true. He tells people of the experience, and those people deny the experience happened. An "unapologetic and steadfast" response is MORE likely to be sincere than a "calm, polite" one. Not less. Even a "rude and belligerent" response is more appropriate than calmly asking to be believed.

If the lot of you don't understand that, then you've never had a profound experience. Especially a profound experience called into doubt.
August West

Postby Arouet » 26 Mar 2012, 01:35

August West wrote:zzz writes:

Ok, that one was actually clever! kudos!

Not at all. Sorry, but it doesn't follow logically. And it is further proof that you people do not speak to many alien contactees.

It has nothing to do with being alien contactees, it's about people. Though I agree that I don't speak to many alleged alien contactees.

First, I reject your use of "rude and belligerent", I simply defended myself and my experiences. "Rude and belligerent" describes you people more than it does me. I gave what I got, I believe you used the word "troll" to insult me in your first post about me, isn't that correct?

You went way beyond defending your experiences. You're a "best defence is a good offence" kinda guy.

I think it more accurate to say I have been "unapologetic and steadfast" in defending myself and my experiences. "Strident" or "unwavering".

You can do that without insulting people.

A person has a profound experience, and gains knowledge that would change the entire world if it were understood to be true. He tells people of the experience, and those people deny the experience happened. An "unapologetic and steadfast" response is MORE likely to be sincere than a "calm, polite" one. Not less. Even a "rude and belligerent" response is more appropriate than calmly asking to be believed.

Well, how's that working for you? Do you find that being rude and belligerent makes people more likely - or less likely - to pay attention to what you say? If you're actually trying to convince people you might want to think about that. How often are you convinced of an idea by someone who is hurling insults at you?

As for defending your position - to me you seem to respond to the slightest skepticism with erecting walls and launching salvos. You don't actually seem to bother to defend your view. You just insult those who you perceive as hostile to you. The only response you seem to think reasonable is to just accept whatever you say at face value.

You actually don't seem that confident in your views. Otherwise you'd actually try and elaborate on them, rather than just complaining how no one believes you.

If the lot of you don't understand that, then you've never had a profound experience. Especially a profound experience called into doubt.

Maybe not, but why do you think you are entitled for people not to doubt your profound experience?
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 26 Mar 2012, 06:07

August West wrote:

I spent 6 months in a war zone with frequent IEDs and explosions around me. I'd say that qualifies as a profound experience. But what I find ironic, August, is that I did that so that you would have the freedom to say whatever the hell you want.
ProfWag

Postby SydneyPSIder » 23 Oct 2012, 20:42

ProfWag wrote:
August West wrote:

I spent 6 months in a war zone with frequent IEDs and explosions around me. I'd say that qualifies as a profound experience. But what I find ironic, August, is that I did that so that you would have the freedom to say whatever the hell you want.

Odd, given that you've never been attacked by that country, but chose to unilaterally and 'pre-emptively' attack it for some reason. Can't see how your freedoms could be threatened back home. Except by your own STASI who have been given increasing powers year after year.
SydneyPSIder

Previous

Return to UFO's / Aliens / ET's