View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

free remote viewing magazine - issue 3

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: free remote viewing magazine - issue 3

Postby ProfWag » 12 Mar 2010, 21:33

Thank you all for attempting to answer my questions. I'll respond more in-depth later.
ProfWag

Postby dazsmith » 12 Mar 2010, 22:15

nostradamus said:

But the outcome of that was equivocal. The program was dropped.

yep but that was based on other reasons more than the use of it (political, FOIA/retirement, management, others). I can go into this in more depth if you need/require. I have read and am familiar with the entire 89,000 CIA documents so know the program history and all the key players in the military RV unit and even the creator of the military Rv method, CRV, well.

Every year in its funded history the RV programs had to go thru congressional and scientific oversight committee approval to get funds for the following year - do you really think that they did this for 23 years IF they didn't archive the goals stated in the previous year?

This is my concern. You state that it is necessary to assess accuracy, but then you defer to the subjective issue of a third party - the client for the assessment. I agree to your 4 conditions. I have a problem with the method of assessing the accuracy. I see no reason that the assessment should be made by the viewer. Who best to connect what they viewed with possible targets.

Assessing the accuracy has always been an issue and will always continue to be so because we all have differing ways and opinions on hows to do this and how to do this impartially. In the end the best person to assess if their need or question was answered by a remote viewer is the person who aksed the question.

The remote viewer should be asked for an opinion/input - but they are not the best to judge as they are too involved and to be honest its not their job - they are trained to describe targets - period. Remote viewing was designed and should ONLY be used in situations where you have OTHER information sources to gauge the accuracy of the remote viewing - not as a skill on its own merit. Especially as its NOT 100% accurate. I have a good accuracy that hovers at approx. 70% accurate 70% of the time. Sometimes (rarely) i do completely miss but there again sometime I 100% nail the targets.

daz
dazsmith

Postby Nostradamus » 12 Mar 2010, 22:31

Assessing the accuracy has always been an issue and will always continue to be so because we all have differing ways and opinions on hows to do this and how to do this impartially. In the end the best person to assess if their need or question was answered by a remote viewer is the person who aksed the question.

The remote viewer should be asked for an opinion/input - but they are not the best to judge as they are too involved and to be honest its not their job - they are trained to describe targets - period. Remote viewing was designed and should ONLY be used in situations where you have OTHER information sources to gauge the accuracy of the remote viewing - not as a skill on its own merit. Especially as its NOT 100% accurate. I have a good accuracy that hovers at approx. 70% accurate 70% of the time. Sometimes (rarely) i do completely miss but there again sometime I 100% nail the targets.

Here's my problem. I look at a claimed hit and see nothing or only vague connections. I also see connections to lots and lots of other things. So in the end I left with nothing.

So what is wrong with choosing n targets as I've seen done in some videos. Then you remote view. Then the remote viewer visits all 5 targets and picks the one that best matches their view. Do it all blinded.

You claim its not their job. Fine. That still doesn't state why they can't be part of the experiment process in assessing the target viewed.

I know all about accuracy. If there are n targets, then at best we would expect a hit probability to be 1/n. In complicated situations such as this misses are expected and accepted.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 12 Mar 2010, 22:38

Every year in its funded history the RV programs had to go thru congressional and scientific oversight committee approval to get funds for the following year - do you really think that they did this for 23 years IF they didn't archive the goals stated in the previous year?

I doubt their was Congressional oversight every year. And scientific oversight is often not a yearly issue either. And archiving or reporting results better be the norm. That doesn't mean any form of success. From the onset of an experiment to the collection and analysis can take years. All sorts of variations are discovered or considered during the experimental research and more experiments are proposed. This happens if testing is successful or not.
Nostradamus

Postby ProfWag » 12 Mar 2010, 23:35

dazsmith wrote:yep but that was based on other reasons more than the use of it (political, FOIA/retirement, management, others). I can go into this in more depth if you need/require. I have read and am familiar with the entire 89,000 CIA documents so know the program history and all the key players in the military RV unit and even the creator of the military Rv method, CRV, well.

daz

That's impressive Daz. Looks like we have the right person for this question: Could you point me in the direction as to where I could read Edwin May's data on his RV experiments for the CIA please? (For those that may not know, Edwin May was director of the CIA's Star Gate program from 1985 until its demise in 1994.)
ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 13 Mar 2010, 00:22

Hey Daz, another question. I noticed on your remote viewing website that you post CIA documents labled as "SECRET NOFORN LIMDIS." Are you posting classified information that hasn't been declassified (quite illegal...read: jail) or are you posting declassified information but kept the "Secret" identification to make your information appear more "powerful?"
ProfWag

Postby ProfWag » 13 Mar 2010, 00:30

dazsmith wrote:Lost stuff - again we can sketch and describe locations but we cant name them - I have working for the US police helped on many missing persons cases and my closest was 200ft form the eventual location of the missing person. Of this I have a testimony from the police chief that they only found the missing person (dead) due to our psychic given coordinates.

Is this testimony from the police chief written or verbal? If it's written, is it posted on the website or could you post it here please? If it's verbal, could you give us the name of the police chief so I can call him please?
Thanks!
P.S. This may sound like I'm nitpicking, but I have asked repeatedly here and on other boards if anyone knows of one instance where the Police or the FBI state emphatically that they would not have found a body or a criminal without the use of a "psychic" and have turned up nothing. This could be the evidence the world has been looking for! I can't speak for everyone, but personally, I'm getting excited!
ProfWag

Postby dazsmith » 13 Mar 2010, 06:55

nostradamus said:

So what is wrong with choosing n targets as I've seen done in some videos. Then you remote view. Then the remote viewer visits all 5 targets and picks the one that best matches their view. Do it all blinded.

Yore right for science test/show this works then is is acceptable. For operational use no its no needed.

doubt their was Congressional oversight every year.

yes it was the documents are in the archives and publicially available they had to prove it worked year on year to get funding to both congressional When congress funded the research and also to scientific oversight and the military.

And scientific oversight is often not a yearly issue either. And archiving or reporting results better be the norm. That doesn't mean any form of success.

If it doesnt work its an issue because you wouldn't get a further years funding.

profwag said:
That's impressive Daz. Looks like we have the right person for this question: Could you point me in the direction as to where I could read Edwin May's data on his RV experiments for the CIA please? (For those that may not know, Edwin May was director of the CIA's Star Gate program from 1985 until its demise in 1994.

No probs - well you can start here on my Rv site:
http://www.remoteviewed.com/remote_view ... tary_b.htm
this has a small selection - for example the first file contains every (33) major (released) paper from SRI.

Im not sure how much Ed May stuff I have put online from when Ed took over From Hal Puthoff in 1985 onwards ad moved it all to SAIC - probably about 20-30 docs or so.

Heres a good doc I recently found and examined form the CIA archives which is a DIA briefing on RV and its results - it shows how Rv was used in the gulf war and other examples - i just uploaded this for you guys and not sure if its been in public before: http://www.remoteviewed.com/may%201991%20dia_good.pdf
All the best...

Daz
dazsmith

Postby dazsmith » 13 Mar 2010, 07:09

Profwag said:
Hey Daz, another question. I noticed on your remote viewing website that you post CIA documents labled as "SECRET NOFORN LIMDIS." Are you posting classified information that hasn't been declassified (quite illegal...read: jail) or are you posting declassified information but kept the "Secret" identification to make your information appear more "powerful?"

No they were all released by the CIA a couple of years ago - they number 89,000 pages.

Is this testimony from the police chief written or verbal? If it's written, is it posted on the website or could you post it here please? If it's verbal, could you give us the name of the police chief so I can call him please?
Thanks!
P.S. This may sound like I'm nitpicking, but I have asked repeatedly here and on other boards if anyone knows of one instance where the Police or the FBI state emphatically that they would not have found a body or a criminal without the use of a "psychic" and have turned up nothing. This could be the evidence the world has been looking for! I can't speak for everyone, but personally, I'm getting excited!

I dont mind having rational discussions and healthy scepticism and debate after all its amazing stuff.
heres the quote form the police chief - bear in mind this wasn't expressly for my work but for the 'group' as a whole and what we provided. I was actually 200ft away with my GPS given to the police on this one but i did have him dead and located in the river - and again I worked this case BLIND with no details.

Thank you for all your help with our missing person in the City of Perry, Kansas. Our victim Mr. Shawn Fowler was found about an eight of a mile from his home. He was found floating in the Delaware River within 100 feet of one of the GPS readings your team provided. He was found at approximately 1345 hours on March 19,2009.

The river had been searched a couple of times by boat and scanner with no results the day prior to the body coming to the surface. Part of the information we concentrated on was the area around a submerged tree as predicted by one of your Team members.
I have shared your Team efforts with Deputies, Firemen and Medical persons who assisted in the three month long search. Again THNK YOU ... THANKS TO THE TEAM !!!!
The Family now has closure!

Respectfully:

Ramon C. Gonzalez, Jr.
Police Chief

I have omitted the personal contact details of the police chief only.

All the best...

Daz
dazsmith

Postby Craig Browning » 13 Mar 2010, 08:53

:shock: Based on some of the information Daz is putting out there I'm curious if he ever ran into references to "Alpha Consciousness" or a gent known as Anthony Penera? :roll:
Craig Browning

Postby ciscop » 13 Mar 2010, 08:58

im curious if daz would mind showing up his skills
i vote for ninja puppy to be the judge

not sure what would be the procedure since daz should be the one describing what he could do
i think that would be a fun little experiment for this board
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Mar 2010, 09:10

I think it would be great! I'd love to learn more about remote viewing.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 13 Mar 2010, 10:59

If it doesnt work its an issue because you wouldn't get a further years funding.

There is a difference between working and progress. Fusion has been funded for years and it still doesn't work. Progress has been made, but it doesn't work. Lots of things get funded without them working. A demonstration of feasibility is often done without anything working. Call it a model or prototype or whatever, it can be used to show that you believe you are headed in the right direction.
Nostradamus

Postby ciscop » 13 Mar 2010, 11:27

NinjaPuppy wrote:I think it would be great! I'd love to learn more about remote viewing.

Yep, me too
when they tried this experiment on the magiccafe
jim callahan chicken out and wouldnt use raymond for the experiment
the protocol was something like

Ben Harris offered 5k
he sent an object in a box to a third party
and jim was supposed to use raymond to know what it was on the box

but well...
lets see if daz would agree on an experiment
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby ProfWag » 13 Mar 2010, 20:48

Daz, unfortunately, my reading of this incident of the missing Kansas man has led me to a far different conclusion than what you have represented in your statements. You said:
dazsmith wrote:Lost stuff - again we can sketch and describe locations but we cant name them - I have working for the US police helped on many missing persons cases and my closest was 200ft form the eventual location of the missing person. Of this I have a testimony from the police chief that they only found the missing person (dead) due to our psychic given coordinates.

Zoning in specifically, you said (underline word mine): “I have testimony from the police chief that they only found the missing person (dead) due to our psychic given coordinates.”
This does not appear to be true and, in my interpretation, is a gross misrepresentation. First, they did NOT find the body “due” to your coordinates. They found the body because a fisherman who was in a boat in the river found the body. http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum ... php?t=9225
Next, let’s look more specifically about another statement:
dazsmith wrote: heres the quote form the police chief - bear in mind this wasn't expressly for my work but for the 'group' as a whole and what we provided. I was actually 200ft away with my GPS given to the police on this one but i did have him dead and located in the river - and again I worked this case BLIND with no details.

So, what we really have is this: A man who lived near a river was taking medication and was disoriented and confused. The police suspected from the onset that he fell in the river and drowned. Lots of people searched for the man, including a “group” of psychics who fed the police all sorts of information, but nothing that specifically led the police to the body. A fisherman found the body. The psychics take credit but the fact remains, if they knew where the body was, the news would have reported that Daz Smith (or whomever) found the body rather than a fisherman.
If a bunch of people get together to give guesses as to where a body might be, then the odds of one of them being right is enhanced, especially given his condition and the nearby river. Again, the facts are that the police did not find the body DUE to you, but rather your guess as to where he would be found was close to where he actually was and most of the rest of the group of psychics were flat-out wrong.
I’m extremely disappointed in you Daz. You gave me great hope that I had found the evidence I have been searching for that a psychic had finally actually found a missing body and that police or the FBI could not have solved a crime without the use of a psychic. Alas, my search continues.
ProfWag

PreviousNext

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy