View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

Postby quantumparanormal » 06 Oct 2009, 01:56

Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20090930/NEWS/90929092/1003/BUSINESS

More psychic fraud.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
Image
quantumparanormal
 
Posts: 276
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 05:09
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA






Re: Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

Postby brett » 06 Oct 2009, 12:37

what is it they say ?? " a fool and their money are soon parted " - any medium that charges is a fake in my opinion - :evil: - i hope the victim screws this ones ass !!
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
User avatar
brett
 
Posts: 436
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 22:23
Location: Plymouth UK

Re: Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

Postby ciscop » 07 Oct 2009, 03:51

this kind of stories are the ones that makes me angry about any kind of psychic and medium

there was a woman in my town that spent 10 thousand dollars calling psychic/astrological services in ONE MONTH.. i think some days he called more than 10times to those services..
man..

does anybody knows about a case like this were the scammed was a GUY?
it seems women are more propense at getting caught.

gary schwartz scammed a guy for a lot bunch of money,
thats the only case i remember.
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

Postby WhiteTiger » 08 Oct 2009, 00:47

ciscop wrote:there was a woman in my town that spent 10 thousand dollars calling psychic/astrological services in ONE MONTH.. i think some days he called more than 10times to those services..
man..


That's about equivalent to being a psychiatry junky in LA where the mean contracted rate for their services is $1050 per day. People spend their money on strange things, and if that fruitcake got her emotional jollies from going into debt to phone psychics, that's pretty much her business isn't it? Had she spent an equivalent amount on psychologists or psychiatrists in one month I doubt you'd be coming down on those professions (both of which, like "psychics" expect to be paid whether they do you any good or not).



Tiger
Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever
WhiteTiger
 
Posts: 55
Joined: 04 Oct 2009, 19:53

Re: Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Oct 2009, 01:56

WhiteTiger wrote:
ciscop wrote:there was a woman in my town that spent 10 thousand dollars calling psychic/astrological services in ONE MONTH.. i think some days he called more than 10times to those services..
man..


That's about equivalent to being a psychiatry junky in LA where the mean contracted rate for their services is $1050 per day. People spend their money on strange things, and if that fruitcake got her emotional jollies from going into debt to phone psychics, that's pretty much her business isn't it? Had she spent an equivalent amount on psychologists or psychiatrists in one month I doubt you'd be coming down on those professions (both of which, like "psychics" expect to be paid whether they do you any good or not).

Tiger


WhiteTiger - Very good analogy.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

Postby brett » 08 Oct 2009, 04:22

may be psychologists should have to have a sign on their doors like our psychics do here - "for entertainment purposes only " :lol: :lol:
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
User avatar
brett
 
Posts: 436
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 22:23
Location: Plymouth UK

Re: Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Oct 2009, 04:50

brett wrote:may be psychologists should have to have a sign on their doors like our psychics do here - "for entertainment purposes only " :lol: :lol:


Yes, but for who's entertainment is the question. :lol:
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

Postby brett » 08 Oct 2009, 05:10

i found the one i got sent to for "grief" counselling - most entertaining - NOT !! :evil: - talk about screwed up ideas :roll: - she seemed to believe that there is some magic switch you throw after 12 months and just "move on with life " - forgetting what you shared with the one you lost seemingly - silly B**** - obviously has never lost a spouse - people who have not been there should not be allowed to "counsel " others without the relevant experience - that would be like me advising on giving birth :roll:

i have no time for bloody book learned psychologists !! - usually too young and inexperienced in REAL life to counsel anyone - heaven knows what they are teaching them at uni these days ( concludes rant before i get REALLY mad ) :evil: :evil: :evil:
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
User avatar
brett
 
Posts: 436
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 22:23
Location: Plymouth UK

Re: Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

Postby Hellboy » 08 Oct 2009, 05:22

ciscop wrote:
it seems women are more propense at getting caught.


Do you have any evidence to back up this assertion?

ciscop also wrote:
gary schwartz scammed a guy for a lot bunch of money,
thats the only case i remember.


Again do you have any reliable evidence to back up your claims?
Hellboy
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 05:37

Re: Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

Postby ciscop » 10 Oct 2009, 03:48

NinjaPuppy wrote:
WhiteTiger wrote:
ciscop wrote:there was a woman in my town that spent 10 thousand dollars calling psychic/astrological services in ONE MONTH.. i think some days he called more than 10times to those services..
man..


That's about equivalent to being a psychiatry junky in LA where the mean contracted rate for their services is $1050 per day. People spend their money on strange things, and if that fruitcake got her emotional jollies from going into debt to phone psychics, that's pretty much her business isn't it? Had she spent an equivalent amount on psychologists or psychiatrists in one month I doubt you'd be coming down on those professions (both of which, like "psychics" expect to be paid whether they do you any good or not).

Tiger


WhiteTiger - Very good analogy.


Kind of ...
i do agree those psychics end up being the psychologist and psyquiatrists of this people
but my problem is they dont have nor the title nor the knowledge to work as a psychologist/psichiatrist,
and working as one of them is forbiden by law if you dont have the title
also..at the end of the day.. none of this guys do what they are supposed to.. TELL YOU THE FUTURE.. if they knew the future, they wouldnt have a telemarketing scam dayjob.
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

Postby ciscop » 10 Oct 2009, 03:49

brett wrote:may be psychologists should have to have a sign on their doors like our psychics do here - "for entertainment purposes only " :lol: :lol:


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
nice! :lol: :lol:
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

Postby ciscop » 10 Oct 2009, 03:54

Hellboy wrote:ciscop wrote:
it seems women are more propense at getting caught.


Do you have any evidence to back up this assertion?

ciscop also wrote:
gary schwartz scammed a guy for a lot bunch of money,
thats the only case i remember.


Again do you have any reliable evidence to back up your claims?


1. Not studies, just personal experience since NO GUY has ever asked me to read his palm or reading him the tarot (since i am a mentalist) and books about the topic, read ¨Full facts of Cold Reading¨ by Ian Rowland, and Hebert Dewey ¨King of Cold Readers¨
or any Richard Webster book. however, i was merely ASKING if you knew about guys getting scam.

2. i already posted the video, but here it is
if it doesnt work here is another link
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 442474141#

happy?
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Oct 2009, 04:43

What I get from that video is that Schwartz made two or three claims-

1. Paul would author a book through another person
2. Paul would become the Chairman of a new corporation from the other side (3) that Paul would change the world.

OK, so if Schwartz decides to write a book about the subject, that's one prediction down. The second would be a bit harder to prove but depending on what Schwartz has in mind for this 'new corporation', and if Schwartz believes that he can prove his psychic ability, it could change the world. Granted it would only change the world as in possible belief, but none the less, his prediction could be taken that way.

What I find confusing is how the father hands Schwartz a check for $50,000 and then seems pissed when he finds out that Schwartz has done this for/to others. Greiving or not, this man is not stupid. He obviously has/had a thriving business, owns a plane, a nice house in a nice neighborhood (according to Geraldo) and that's not chicken scratch. Is the father pissed because he's not the only one Schwartz did this for or because Schwartz has plenty of proof that people pay him good money to do exactly what he did for this guy?

He hires Schwartz, who does what he does, (call it mediumship for the sake of argument) and then the father gets pissed again when Schwartz puts his 'findings' in writing. Did the attitude come out before or after Schwartz asked for $3.3 mil??? I can only guess that the father got pissed when he lost in Court as they found nothing illegal, just unethical. Then Geraldo goes into an ethics conversation with another medium... WTF? How about interviewing an Arizona attorney to explain the reason for the Court decision? No, that wouldn't make good TV.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Oct 2009, 04:48

Once again, I am not advocating the existence of psychic ability or Schwartz as a human being, merely pointing out how the media portrays this sort of thing. When people feel they have been ripped off by a $10 card reader, they almost expect it. When they get ripped off in the thousands or millions, it's suddenly news.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Psychic sued for $80,500 after failing to heal marriage

Postby NinjaPuppy » 10 Oct 2009, 22:37

Ciscop - I replied to your follow up post and quoted you, but somehow my reply wound up under your name. When I deleted my post under your name, for some unexplained reason, your previous follow up post went with it. Since there is no way for a Mod to post under another members name, I assume it was some sort of a glitch or perhaps an error on my part.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Next

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron