View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby TruthJunkie » 30 May 2013, 00:47

ProfWag wrote:
SydneyPSIder wrote:Sure, I was expecting a few bogus ones in there. How about the various other people listed amongst the 58 cases? I hope they're not all delusional!

Syd, Syd, Syd. I started looking at your "58 cases" and in what appears to be at least half of them, they were reported in Court TV's Psychic Detectives. You do know, don't you, that that show is for entertainment purposes only, is based on the story as told by the medium, and in no way can be considered accurate? Police have been quoted in this show by actors, yet when the original police are contacted, they all seem to tell a different story.
If you are going to find a case that a psychic solved a crime, you're going to have to do better than using Victor Dammit and entertainment based television.

Would it matter if 1 or 2 cases turned out to be genuine? Or a whole lot more than that? By dismantling this show as credible the goal posts have been moved once more. No doubt TV is for entertainment. I am suspecting many real cases will not be found on the internet or TV. This is the business of law enforcement professionals who do not see their jobs as entertainment. Can you point to an interview where there is a conflict of presentation to back your claim?

In moments of blindness we tend to turn to towards authority to help us navigate. This is a dangerous liaison because there is in fact no promise that this authority is accurate. Thus if we are seduced by our own originating bias on the subject and engage the promise of authority what generally emerges is often referred to as a "pissing match".

Radford may be a seasoned investigator but is he beyond his own blindness and personal bias? Has he experiemced extraordinary spiritual and psychic contact? If not is he qualified to investigate these matters? A similar case with Joe Nickell. Joe is no longer a debunker he is now an investigator. He is actually a writer. I have his book on ghost investigations. Radford's book too and I just bought an autographed copy of Randi's Flim-Flam. Back to Nickell. Nickell routinely dismisses phenomenon using the "anecdote" goal post. His entire book is filled with anecdotes. In fact his book is filled with second person experiences with claimed haunted sites to which he finds nothing out of the ordinary in every single case except for Alcratraz which produced the shivers or some form of fear all of which was dismissed as ordinary business one would expect at a scary site. I have experienced poltergeist on more than one occasion, massive downloads, incredible hallucinations in conscious states, etc, etc, etc. The question here is simple: would you send a writer / magician who is a physicalist in to investigate spiritual activity? Would you send a appliance repairman to evaluate your Porsche? I subscribed to SI for 2 years. The covers are nice. A few articles are interesting because they are not CSI originated. The CSI stuff however is fictional at best. In one claim Nickell and a UFO guy stated that all delusions of grandeur concerning UFO's lead directly to the imagination. There is no evidence. What I gather from this article is that neither gentlemen have ever had a direct first person experience with a UFO. I have had more than 3 in my life time. All credible. None can be proved except for the last one where 2 cameramen caught it on video and 90 people were witness. The other 2 accounts had physical witnesses and I have had experiences on my own.

The bottom line is simple. Is the human species credible in terms of evaluating these events second person? Nothing compares to first person experience and no investigator is going to invalidate that no matter how much rubbish is dug up to contest claims. This is CSI's big fight right now. Their business model is diminishing because it doesn't hold water very well. The skeptic movement will eventually fade into obscurity as yet another human cult following. For me much of CSI's message is in the disinformation realm. Note that skeptics with authority must be magicians. This should be a telltale clue as to what to expect.
TruthJunkie

Postby SydneyPSIder » 30 May 2013, 05:47

good points, truth junkie. I am open-minded as always about the potential successes or failures of 'psychic detectives' as a form of reading, based on having observed various psychic phemonena beyond the shadow of a doubt, which I have gone into in some detail in previous posts. For me, the exercise that remains is to work out if there is ANY psychic out there who claims to be a psychic detective who can actually bring back detailed information either by reading the minds of the living or communicating with a recently deceased person. I am still not sure whether someone can bring back as much detail as some of the self-proclaimed psychics suggest, based on my own experiences with psychics who definitely can hook into external information, but only in a hazy way -- or can communicate with deceased people by literally being in the same room as them at the time. On top of this, it's possible to make a living in the US out of being a 'professional psychic' whether you have any ability or not, which clouds the issue further when it comes to a motivation for self-promotion etc.

However, as you point out, the 'investigators/writers/sceptics' who investigate pretty much come in from a total debunking perspective at the outset, which is neither open-minded nor particularly useful in attempting to determine if anyone out there has any abilities, no matter how weak or strong. They tend to gloss over all the cases if they can find a single dubious one, which is clearly not a scientific approach, but allows them to sink back into their comfortable place of material denialism again.

I'm also interested in your UFO experiences in detail, altho medicos would no doubt write them off as 'wakeful dreaming fugues' or something.
Last edited by SydneyPSIder on 30 May 2013, 06:02, edited 1 time in total.
SydneyPSIder

Postby SydneyPSIder » 30 May 2013, 05:55

NinjaPuppy wrote: I thought that your preferred area of interest was ETs/UFOs/CTs, etc. I have noticed that you are well versed in many other areas as well but not with the same passion. I do hope that came out the way that I meant it.

Not so much in ETs and UFOs except in an abstract wondering sense, as I've never had an encounter or heard a convincing description of an encounter with anyone I know and trust. But I'm open I suppose to some sort of possibilities there, whatever they may be. CTs, apparently so. I have had a number of experiences with psychics directly that have demonstrated genuine ability -- including contact with an afterlife -- so am intrigued by that, which then opens up a lot of questions in biology and physics, for want of better words.
SydneyPSIder

Postby ProfWag » 30 May 2013, 10:41

TruthJunkie wrote:Would it matter if 1 or 2 cases turned out to be genuine?

Hell yes it would matter! If only 1 case of psychic ability ever turned out to be genuine, then psychic abilities would no longer be considered "paranormal" but rather just "normal!"
ProfWag

Postby TruthJunkie » 30 May 2013, 23:47

ProfWag wrote:
TruthJunkie wrote:Would it matter if 1 or 2 cases turned out to be genuine?

Hell yes it would matter! If only 1 case of psychic ability ever turned out to be genuine, then psychic abilities would no longer be considered "paranormal" but rather just "normal!"

Let me explain a Russell Targ weekend at Esalen. As you likely know Targ was funded by the CIA to produce testing of PSI and remote viewing. A group of people around 14 of us or so, mostly all middle aged or older. During the weekend we were told to deduce the contents of bags and boxes, etc. Everyone pretty much nailed shape and sometimes the material the object was made of. We then proceeded to an exercise where we faced a partner and the partner thought of someone they knew who was suffering a medical condition. Now a medical condition is far more ambiguous than most PSI testing. In 2 attempts I had diagnosed trouble with breathing. She in fact had asthma. While this was going on all weekend long I was still engaging entities that would drop in to play (in my head of course). At the end of the weekend one woman announced she came as a skeptic but was convinced this was real. Targ turns out to be a nice guy with an interesting background.

Psychics see outlines and gather impressions. Rarely do we ever obtain 100% accurate detail which can be considered testable with scientific processes. That's the way it is. Now the psychic stick figure that has been promoted can read through walls, identify numbers on a drivers licence on demand for someone thousands of miles away, and by address, etc, etc. A super hero that no one can possibly assimilate so because this super hero doesn't actually exist thus all psychics are deemed fakes, scam artists, etc, etc, etc. It's a wacky world but when your head fills with images what do you do?

Even worse is skeptics will not put themselves in a place of self discovery. They want to read about psychic in some peer reviewed journal and until then poppycock it's all bullshit. I truly feel for the skeptic. I was a hard core skeptic before I stepped up to the plate and did the research, did the work.

By the way in every version of the DSM there is not one statement as to what normal is. It doesn't exist. What does exist is nature and nature produces phenomenon.
TruthJunkie

Postby TruthJunkie » 30 May 2013, 23:57

SydneyPSIder wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote: I thought that your preferred area of interest was ETs/UFOs/CTs, etc. I have noticed that you are well versed in many other areas as well but not with the same passion. I do hope that came out the way that I meant it.

Not so much in ETs and UFOs except in an abstract wondering sense, as I've never had an encounter or heard a convincing description of an encounter with anyone I know and trust. But I'm open I suppose to some sort of possibilities there, whatever they may be. CTs, apparently so. I have had a number of experiences with psychics directly that have demonstrated genuine ability -- including contact with an afterlife -- so am intrigued by that, which then opens up a lot of questions in biology and physics, for want of better words.

Imagine having several hundred entities all belonging to a school you attend generating communication daily. For some it's called schizophrenia. For the psychic it's another day with our "imaginary" friends LOL. It took the school to get to that level of agreement. I had guides since birth but no teachers who would show me the entanglement of spirit, mind, and body. What is even more fascinating is these aspects appear contiguous such that without reason one could never know they exist minus hunger pangs and a wandering desire to explore the world.

I will share some UFO sightings in a short bit. I had to see it for myself and I was amply rewarded. I am heading back to the place where 2 of 3 major sightings occurred.
TruthJunkie

Postby TruthJunkie » 31 May 2013, 00:08

SydneyPSIder wrote:good points, truth junkie. I am open-minded as always about the potential successes or failures of 'psychic detectives' as a form of reading, based on having observed various psychic phemonena beyond the shadow of a doubt, which I have gone into in some detail in previous posts. For me, the exercise that remains is to work out if there is ANY psychic out there who claims to be a psychic detective who can actually bring back detailed information either by reading the minds of the living or communicating with a recently deceased person. I am still not sure whether someone can bring back as much detail as some of the self-proclaimed psychics suggest, based on my own experiences with psychics who definitely can hook into external information, but only in a hazy way -- or can communicate with deceased people by literally being in the same room as them at the time. On top of this, it's possible to make a living in the US out of being a 'professional psychic' whether you have any ability or not, which clouds the issue further when it comes to a motivation for self-promotion etc.

However, as you point out, the 'investigators/writers/sceptics' who investigate pretty much come in from a total debunking perspective at the outset, which is neither open-minded nor particularly useful in attempting to determine if anyone out there has any abilities, no matter how weak or strong. They tend to gloss over all the cases if they can find a single dubious one, which is clearly not a scientific approach, but allows them to sink back into their comfortable place of material denialism again.

I'm also interested in your UFO experiences in detail, altho medicos would no doubt write them off as 'wakeful dreaming fugues' or something.

I have communicated with "dead" people who in fact have simply transitioned form. These were former friends, students, and teachers of the mystic school I trained at over the last 30 years. The skeptic has no wiring to comprehend, no reference for their own experience, and every once in a while someone will say something like "you know how funny the mind is" as if the brain is a separate entity which produces the sub-conscious expression that arises. This is the physicalist POV. They don't know so they use placeholders like subconscious, imagination, and other useful words which are portals to the rabbit hole called spirit, mind, and body.

In terms of UFO's unless you were standing next to me you haven't a foggy clue so anything you say to me will be evaluated from that context. If you go to You-Tube search for ECETI July,4th 2010. I was there. That's my "Oh Yeah" and at that point the UFO was directly over our heads and low and colorful and pulsating. I watched it appear near Venus in the summer dusk sky. It started to make distance on Venus and that's when we all started to watch. Note that the video cameraman, a guest speaker, is panning the camera west to east to try to keep the UFO in the center of the frame. The UFO also looks much much smaller than it really was. In the video a lot of colors are displayed. I only saw a deep rudy red color pulsating while others saw yellow and green. That just shows you how different each one of us is in regards to sense perception.
TruthJunkie

Postby NinjaPuppy » 31 May 2013, 00:19

This one?
NinjaPuppy

Postby TruthJunkie » 31 May 2013, 00:24

NinjaPuppy wrote:This one?

Yup and there's another video taken at the same time by a different guest speaker. The link is included in the text for the video above. That little video displays the most mind bending sighting I have had to date.
TruthJunkie

Postby SydneyPSIder » 31 May 2013, 06:56

TruthJunkie wrote:In terms of UFO's unless you were standing next to me you haven't a foggy clue so anything you say to me will be evaluated from that context. If you go to You-Tube search for ECETI July,4th 2010. I was there. That's my "Oh Yeah" and at that point the UFO was directly over our heads and low and colorful and pulsating. I watched it appear near Venus in the summer dusk sky. It started to make distance on Venus and that's when we all started to watch. Note that the video cameraman, a guest speaker, is panning the camera west to east to try to keep the UFO in the center of the frame. The UFO also looks much much smaller than it really was. In the video a lot of colors are displayed. I only saw a deep rudy red color pulsating while others saw yellow and green. That just shows you how different each one of us is in regards to sense perception.

there were quite a lot of 'yeahs' in the soundtrack emanating from a lot of sources, lol. which yeah was yours? funny coincidence a light appeared at an ECETI talk of true believers! sure it wasn't a Goodyear blimp? i kid, i kid.

then there is the 'telepathic connection' claim that suggests that a conference of true believers might attract telepathic ETs on the other hand.

a skeptic might say that, whatever it was, you were predisposed to interpreting a light in the sky as a manifestation of the subject matter of your conference -- a 'salience' effect, or some other convenient cool label.

did the object jump around or was that the hand held camera? i.e. was it on a straight trajectory somewhere?

sometimes at dusk I see single lights in the sky much brighter and larger than stars which appear to be stationary or moving slowly, and it's quite eerie. although they're planes coming in to the airport nearby.
SydneyPSIder

Postby ProfWag » 31 May 2013, 08:05

TruthJunkie wrote:
Let me explain a Russell Targ weekend at Esalen. As you likely know Targ was funded by the CIA to produce testing of PSI and remote viewing... Targ turns out to be a nice guy with an interesting background.

Yes, I've ready quite a bit about Targ and am quite sure he's a "nice guy." He was also fooled by Uri Geller.
ProfWag

Postby SydneyPSIder » 31 May 2013, 08:53

ProfWag wrote:Hell yes it would matter! If only 1 case of psychic ability ever turned out to be genuine, then psychic abilities would no longer be considered "paranormal" but rather just "normal!"

TruthJunkie wrote:Psychics see outlines and gather impressions. Rarely do we ever obtain 100% accurate detail which can be considered testable with scientific processes. That's the way it is. Now the psychic stick figure that has been promoted can read through walls, identify numbers on a drivers licence on demand for someone thousands of miles away, and by address, etc, etc. A super hero that no one can possibly assimilate so because this super hero doesn't actually exist thus all psychics are deemed fakes, scam artists, etc, etc, etc.

Even worse is skeptics will not put themselves in a place of self discovery. They want to read about psychics in some peer reviewed journal and until then poppycock it's all bullshit.

both very valid observations.
SydneyPSIder

Postby TruthJunkie » 31 May 2013, 13:52

ProfWag wrote:
TruthJunkie wrote:
Let me explain a Russell Targ weekend at Esalen. As you likely know Targ was funded by the CIA to produce testing of PSI and remote viewing... Targ turns out to be a nice guy with an interesting background.

Yes, I've ready quite a bit about Targ and am quite sure he's a "nice guy." He was also fooled by Uri Geller.

Have you ever been fooled? Seems the human condition is ripe with blindness which is why first person experience is the only credible evidence in this sport. I am not familiar with Gellers case but I am agnostic to all of it. Those who need to destroy will find the means to do so regardless of what the truth is.
TruthJunkie

Postby TruthJunkie » 31 May 2013, 13:56

SydneyPSIder wrote:
TruthJunkie wrote:In terms of UFO's unless you were standing next to me you haven't a foggy clue so anything you say to me will be evaluated from that context. If you go to You-Tube search for ECETI July,4th 2010. I was there. That's my "Oh Yeah" and at that point the UFO was directly over our heads and low and colorful and pulsating. I watched it appear near Venus in the summer dusk sky. It started to make distance on Venus and that's when we all started to watch. Note that the video cameraman, a guest speaker, is panning the camera west to east to try to keep the UFO in the center of the frame. The UFO also looks much much smaller than it really was. In the video a lot of colors are displayed. I only saw a deep rudy red color pulsating while others saw yellow and green. That just shows you how different each one of us is in regards to sense perception.

there were quite a lot of 'yeahs' in the soundtrack emanating from a lot of sources, lol. which yeah was yours? funny coincidence a light appeared at an ECETI talk of true believers! sure it wasn't a Goodyear blimp? i kid, i kid.

then there is the 'telepathic connection' claim that suggests that a conference of true believers might attract telepathic ETs on the other hand.

a skeptic might say that, whatever it was, you were predisposed to interpreting a light in the sky as a manifestation of the subject matter of your conference -- a 'salience' effect, or some other convenient cool label.

did the object jump around or was that the hand held camera? i.e. was it on a straight trajectory somewhere?

sometimes at dusk I see single lights in the sky much brighter and larger than stars which appear to be stationary or moving slowly, and it's quite eerie. although they're planes coming in to the airport nearby.

There were some heavy weight UFO people lecturing that event including a group from Ramtha's school. We had just finished a 300 person meditation in which we had a few visitors as evidenced by some channeling going on during the meditation. Then the UFO event. 2008 was spectacular too. Lights on the mountain. Orbs. Huge light arcs from the mountain into space.
TruthJunkie

Postby SydneyPSIder » 01 Jun 2013, 14:45

TruthJunkie wrote:There were some heavy weight UFO people lecturing that event including a group from Ramtha's school. We had just finished a 300 person meditation in which we had a few visitors as evidenced by some channeling going on during the meditation. Then the UFO event. 2008 was spectacular too. Lights on the mountain. Orbs. Huge light arcs from the mountain into space.

hmm, hard to know whether the latter were ETs or some sort of psychic effect, or an afterlife manifestation, or some combination of all of the above. Or group hypnotic suggestion or a psychic transference internally for that matter. The number of 'healings' listed on the website makes me wonder as well -- has the hallmarks of a pentecostal church gathering! A lot of Christian 'healings' disappear pretty quickly after the church event, may be a placebo effect.
SydneyPSIder

PreviousNext

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy