View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby ProfWag » 26 May 2013, 21:10

TruthJunkie wrote:
There were no performances in my working days. We are healers not circus performers and that's the difference. Well, that and the fact that until we act we have no idea what is going to take place. A performance is a given sequence of preconceived ideas and orchestrations. Players must rehearse their parts in order to perform. There may be pale correlations but each case as a healer is absolutely unique.

When I had surgery a few months ago, did the Doc not "perform" the surgery? Again, what I am going to is a performance. I am not going to a circus. Yes, there is a difference, but there are also many types of performances. If you are trying to "heal" someone, then you are "performing" a healing. Though all in all, this is kind of a silly subject to be discussing.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54






Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby ProfWag » 26 May 2013, 21:30

TruthJunkie wrote:
Let's have some fun. I am a trained psychic with profound spiritual awakening, contact, and years of direct experience with the subject. You are a skeptic. At least that's what you claim at this time. What is your intellectual background Prof? I am a embedded systems engineer. 30 years running with a list of fortune 500 clients to boot. My training is mostly on the job after designing and building the equivalent of an Apple I in 1981 while I was an electrician maintaining large water purification control systems. I was 22 in 1981. I didn't start my spiritual training until 27. I am 54.

I'm game for some fun. As for my background, it is well documented in this forum. I doubt most people give a crap about hearing it again. If it's an important part of this conversation, ask and I'll pm you.
I will say, however, that my experience in everything paranormal is strictly a hobby with quite a bit of personal study on both sides of the coin. What I have found is that there has never been a documented case of a psychic who solved a crime, there has never been a psychic kicked out of Vegas, and there has never been a psychic who has won the lottery twice in a row. Additionally, there was not a psychic who was able to pinpoint where those three girls were in Ohio, there was not a psychic who knew where Elizabeth Smart was, and there has never been a psychic who has dug up the body of Jimmy Hoffa. If there is something more to being a psychic than being attuned to reading a person's feelings through simple observation, I'd like to see the evidence of it. Ganzfield came close, but no scientists smoked a cigar at the end of them. And yes, speaking of those three girls in Ohio, I strongly believe that Sylvia Browne needs to be shut down and sued for the mental anguish she has given to several of the parents of the missing children she falsely told were dead. It's people like her that have left a terrible taste in my mouth for most psychics.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby TruthJunkie » 27 May 2013, 00:31

ProfWag wrote:
TruthJunkie wrote:
Let's have some fun. I am a trained psychic with profound spiritual awakening, contact, and years of direct experience with the subject. You are a skeptic. At least that's what you claim at this time. What is your intellectual background Prof? I am a embedded systems engineer. 30 years running with a list of fortune 500 clients to boot. My training is mostly on the job after designing and building the equivalent of an Apple I in 1981 while I was an electrician maintaining large water purification control systems. I was 22 in 1981. I didn't start my spiritual training until 27. I am 54.

I'm game for some fun. As for my background, it is well documented in this forum. I doubt most people give a crap about hearing it again. If it's an important part of this conversation, ask and I'll pm you.
I will say, however, that my experience in everything paranormal is strictly a hobby with quite a bit of personal study on both sides of the coin. What I have found is that there has never been a documented case of a psychic who solved a crime, there has never been a psychic kicked out of Vegas, and there has never been a psychic who has won the lottery twice in a row. Additionally, there was not a psychic who was able to pinpoint where those three girls were in Ohio, there was not a psychic who knew where Elizabeth Smart was, and there has never been a psychic who has dug up the body of Jimmy Hoffa. If there is something more to being a psychic than being attuned to reading a person's feelings through simple observation, I'd like to see the evidence of it. Ganzfield came close, but no scientists smoked a cigar at the end of them. And yes, speaking of those three girls in Ohio, I strongly believe that Sylvia Browne needs to be shut down and sued for the mental anguish she has given to several of the parents of the missing children she falsely told were dead. It's people like her that have left a terrible taste in my mouth for most psychics.



No psychic has ever walked to the moon or lived to be 500 years old either ... nothing super natural, super power, super anything.
Poppycock goal posts to ensure that all psychics are seen as disingenuous, fakes, impostors, thieves, hucksters, lunatics, cranks, mentally ill, etc.

The truth is simple however. Everyone has psychic ability.
The path to liberation is through direct experience. Without it there are only goal posts, assumptions, and blindness.

Everyone wants to beat up on Sylvia. I laugh. When did you ever solve a crime? When did you ever help anyone? At least she puts it out there to her best ability and all to help another. But wait she's a real psychic with super powers so she needs to be an automaton who does not exhibit the characteristics of a living human being and never makes a mistake. The all wise all knowing super human.

Do you get where I'm going with this line of thought?


I have played guitar since I was 13. When I play I perform. When I am in session I heal or counsel.
TruthJunkie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 16 Apr 2013, 08:46

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby ProfWag » 27 May 2013, 04:35

TruthJunkie wrote:

No psychic has ever walked to the moon or lived to be 500 years old either ... nothing super natural, super power, super anything.
Poppycock goal posts to ensure that all psychics are seen as disingenuous, fakes, impostors, thieves, hucksters, lunatics, cranks, mentally ill, etc.

The truth is simple however. Everyone has psychic ability.
The path to liberation is through direct experience. Without it there are only goal posts, assumptions, and blindness.

Everyone wants to beat up on Sylvia. I laugh. When did you ever solve a crime? When did you ever help anyone? At least she puts it out there to her best ability and all to help another. But wait she's a real psychic with super powers so she needs to be an automaton who does not exhibit the characteristics of a living human being and never makes a mistake. The all wise all knowing super human.

Do you get where I'm going with this line of thought?


No, I don't know where you're going with that thought. Sorry. You are doing what most people do who believe in the paranormal when confronted with the obvious questions and that's ignoring the original questions and attempting to shift the subject back to me when it is not I that is making such a claim as paranormal abilities. Onus probandi.
If you say everyone has psychic ability, then just WHAT is it that you believe people with psychic abilities can do? And just as importantly, what evidence do you have to back that statement up?
I truly believe that there are some people who claim to have psychic abilities really do believe they have such ability and you may be one of them. But if you think Sylvia is truly psychic, wants to help people, and not out for money, you're full of poppycock. If she wanted to help people, she would be out there helping rather than sitting on her ass and telling grieving parents in her smokers voice that their child is dead when, in fact, they are very much alive. It really is a terrible thing to do to someone, especially when her success rate appears to be hovering somewhere around zero.
I have never solved a crime, but that is not my line of work and I have never made a claim that my psychic accuracy rate is above 85%. If someone makes a claim such as that and then doesn't back it up with any proof, that would make them a fraud in my book. There are others, however, who do it for a living and have solved many crimes. Oh wait, I did find out who was stealing supplies from my company not too long ago. I did it by investigating, narrowing down who had access, talking to witnesses, and confronting the suspect. I fired him. Nothing psychic though.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby TruthJunkie » 27 May 2013, 04:46

SydneyPSIder wrote:
TruthJunkie wrote:Skeptics are not a problem in my world. Well, that is, until they start laying claims at my feet as if they are more experienced than I am which is rarely if ever the case. Trust is a perennial issue in the human experience.

I had my first profound out of body experience at 17. I was a young rock guitarist (around '76 or so) and one night we played a show at the local grange hall. Around the second tune or so (Of a Lifetime by Journey) I simply popped up out of my body. I was not all the way out but my perspective was that of looking down on my guitar from an elevated POV (similar to a Peyote experience I had years later) and lo and behold if I didn't start playing lead lines that I never rehearsed and the timing was locked hard. We were grooving and I was out of my body. It was a mind bending experience and since I have channeled a few guitar masters. How I know that is because the actual content is new to me entirely yet sonically deep and dialed in, like getting the hands and ears of an old rock / blues master.

If you have experience you are no longer a believer. Belief is a placeholder for a blind approximation of experience. Experience however does not produce belief. Experience produces real data and corresponding confirmation that is registered in mind, body, and spirit.

I have been studying the skeptics and psychiatry over the last few years. I was and still am a skeptic. Skepticism is healthy however we used the term "Gullibility" to indicate the nature of belief without evidence to support a claim. If in fact belief is tethered to strong suspicion or some form of attachment and these elements are examined and found to be unbiased a belief may simply lack the validation that experience brings.

If someone told me there were spaceships at 15 I would have followed the masses with a skeptic attitude. Well I saw my first spaceship at 19 or so. Up close. So what was previously a skeptical position became modulated by a real experience. Later in 2008 and 2010 I got to witness more truly mind bending UFO phenomenon. So now I am agnostic towards claims and will readily listen, assist, and validate those who show conviction for their experience. I have met quite a few people with profound experience. Science cannot begin to fathom this aspect because of the dynamics of stimuli. So while the skeptic uses PSI testing "hits and misses" logic energetic phenomenon presents itself around the world on a daily basis.

I am not out to take on the skeptics. I am interested in communicating truth. Rather than war with those who will never be convinced without direct experience I would prefer to work with those who have experiences they cannot explain or understand. This group of people are in the midst of their awakening. The skeptic is not entirely ready for this work. When I began training I left my skepticism at the door and delved in as deep as I could. It paid off in spades but it was not an over night process. It took years to unwind conditioning and pain in order to be more sensitive to these effects.


that would be a good way to steal some licks without practising! the bane of my life.

I would be interested to hear some theories about UFOs as ETs -- who are they, what are they, where from, what do they want, what can they do in technology, etc, any hard evidence and any instances of contact -- any theorising has to be demonstrable and grounded in evidence of some sort.



I have spent the last 5 years examining the UFO materials and witnesses. A whole lot of speculation and perhaps some truths which requiring verification. I have direct first person experience with UFO's and psychic spiritual phenomenon. As far as theories on who, what, and where I have no easy answers but I do suspect that at least one sighting was of a craft not from here ... unless science has mastered intelligent plasma control.
TruthJunkie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 16 Apr 2013, 08:46

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby TruthJunkie » 27 May 2013, 05:03

ProfWag wrote:
TruthJunkie wrote:

No psychic has ever walked to the moon or lived to be 500 years old either ... nothing super natural, super power, super anything.
Poppycock goal posts to ensure that all psychics are seen as disingenuous, fakes, impostors, thieves, hucksters, lunatics, cranks, mentally ill, etc.

The truth is simple however. Everyone has psychic ability.
The path to liberation is through direct experience. Without it there are only goal posts, assumptions, and blindness.

Everyone wants to beat up on Sylvia. I laugh. When did you ever solve a crime? When did you ever help anyone? At least she puts it out there to her best ability and all to help another. But wait she's a real psychic with super powers so she needs to be an automaton who does not exhibit the characteristics of a living human being and never makes a mistake. The all wise all knowing super human.

Do you get where I'm going with this line of thought?


No, I don't know where you're going with that thought. Sorry. You are doing what most people do who believe in the paranormal when confronted with the obvious questions and that's ignoring the original questions and attempting to shift the subject back to me when it is not I that is making such a claim as paranormal abilities. Onus probandi.
If you say everyone has psychic ability, then just WHAT is it that you believe people with psychic abilities can do? And just as importantly, what evidence do you have to back that statement up?
I truly believe that there are some people who claim to have psychic abilities really do believe they have such ability and you may be one of them. But if you think Sylvia is truly psychic, wants to help people, and not out for money, you're full of poppycock. If she wanted to help people, she would be out there helping rather than sitting on her ass and telling grieving parents in her smokers voice that their child is dead when, in fact, they are very much alive. It really is a terrible thing to do to someone, especially when her success rate appears to be hovering somewhere around zero.
I have never solved a crime, but that is not my line of work and I have never made a claim that my psychic accuracy rate is above 85%. If someone makes a claim such as that and then doesn't back it up with any proof, that would make them a fraud in my book. There are others, however, who do it for a living and have solved many crimes. Oh wait, I did find out who was stealing supplies from my company not too long ago. I did it by investigating, narrowing down who had access, talking to witnesses, and confronting the suspect. I fired him. Nothing psychic though.


Human beings are fallible and that includes psychics. In fact I would surmise that many who claim psychic ability may have psychic experiences but do not have direct training which actually matters. It is through training that truth emerges because it requires proper validation of principle which is not often gained in a reading setting. In fact I have little faith in readings unless I get a reader who is dropping gems in my lap; stuff that few would ever know about me or is at a level of sophistication worth entertaining.

I have zero belief in the paranormal. I have deep first person experience with spirit. That is the basis of being psychic contrary to what we are told or what is deemed credible in professional terms. I do not make claims concerning others nor do I read. There are far better techniques for producing effective release and change in a human being; well that is, if they are willing to face the task at hand.

Yes it is a tragedy that this woman suffered however whether her daughter was declared dead or alive made no difference in whether her daughter was present in her life. If the read had been she's alive would it have made a difference? Yes, in terms of hope. No, in terms of actual presence so in fact her daughter was dead or missing. It is an established fact that people who suffer these kinds of losses can will themselves to death. Sylvia's mistake is that she made an absolute out of it in that moment. I do not cater to absolutes. Tricky and dangerous business. The woman's mistake is that she went to and trusted Sylvia to make the call. There is a chasm of representation concerning psychics. We have on one hand people who are assured that anything they see must be fact. On the other hand we have some (my camp) who know out right how easy it is be deluded even if the mind is filled with imagery and suggestion. This is where psychic training comes in. We learn to differentiate and explore what takes place in the mind. At the most advanced level which can sometimes take years to get to; an understanding of the nature of spirit emerges. This is a very rare level of awakening and understanding. Many people have some pieces of the puzzle but few have a group of entities show up and run demonstrations on a daily basis and for years at a time. After this kind of exposure what was formerly plausible in terms of belief may in fact be erroneous fantasy masquerading as fact filling in for blindness or lack of real experience.

Psychic is about sensitivities. Sensitive people need to learn how to operate around those who have lost their sensitivities or never had them in the first place. We are not all born equal. Psychic ability is very subtle and easily overwhelmed with daily life until specific agreements are made which result in what I term "traffic" in the mind. Training as a psychic means entertaining and evaluating the traffic of mind which may be very little or a whole lot or something in between. From there some have decided to take it "public" but with that there are various risks including credibility. But then again I had a friends mother killed in a hospital by a nurse applying the wrong medication. Shit happens. Life isn't always predictable.

This subject is pretty deep and requires first person experience to truly understand. Like I said earlier a simple dialog is not sufficient.

I asked this once before. Do you have conversations in your head? Direct dialog? I ask for a reason concerning your upcoming performance.
Last edited by TruthJunkie on 27 May 2013, 05:29, edited 2 times in total.
TruthJunkie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 16 Apr 2013, 08:46

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby ProfWag » 27 May 2013, 05:25

TruthJunkie wrote:
I asked this once before. Do you have conversations in your head? Direct dialog? I ask for a reason concerning your upcoming performance.

Sorry, forgot to answer you on that question. When you say "conversations" and "direct dialog," do you mean with myself or with my deceased loved ones?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby ProfWag » 27 May 2013, 05:31

TruthJunkie wrote: If the read had been she's alive would it have made a difference? Yes, in terms of hope. No, in terms of actual presence so in fact her daughter was dead or missing.

Unless, of course, the read was she was alive when actually dead which she has also missed on a regular basis. Either way, regardless of what a psychic reads to the parents of a missing child, loving parents will probably never give up hope so what real good does that kind of psychic reading really do?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby TruthJunkie » 27 May 2013, 05:37

ProfWag wrote:
TruthJunkie wrote:
I asked this once before. Do you have conversations in your head? Direct dialog? I ask for a reason concerning your upcoming performance.

Sorry, forgot to answer you on that question. When you say "conversations" and "direct dialog," do you mean with myself or with my deceased loved ones?


Could you describe in detail a conversation with yourself? Who are the players of the interaction? Do you find yourself listening to some portion of the conversation? If so do you find yourself responding to the stimuli? Do you find yourself continuing the conversation by speaking? The mechanics of the experience is important here. Assuming that intention is aligned with generating content in the mind; that is, producing a thought. Do you produce all thoughts in your head or do some thoughts arise on their own without your intention and of a random nature?
TruthJunkie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 16 Apr 2013, 08:46

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby TruthJunkie » 27 May 2013, 05:40

ProfWag wrote:
TruthJunkie wrote: If the read had been she's alive would it have made a difference? Yes, in terms of hope. No, in terms of actual presence so in fact her daughter was dead or missing.

Unless, of course, the read was she was alive when actually dead which she has also missed on a regular basis. Either way, regardless of what a psychic reads to the parents of a missing child, loving parents will probably never give up hope so what real good does that kind of psychic reading really do?


I wholeheartedly agree with you. For this mom however Sylvia was a last hope. Now I personally would deflate her expectation from this reading and focus on helping this woman survive her most immediate loss. One of things experience buys you is knowing what is possible and what is not. Until I am having a first person experience with the evidence the jury is out; even if it comes from a credible path of enlightenment.
TruthJunkie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 16 Apr 2013, 08:46

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby ProfWag » 27 May 2013, 05:44

TruthJukie wrote:Could you describe in detail a conversation with yourself? Who are the players of the interaction? Do you find yourself listening to some portion of the conversation? If so do you find yourself responding to the stimuli? Do you find yourself continuing the conversation by speaking? The mechanics of the experience is important here. Assuming that intention is aligned with generating content in the mind; that is, producing a thought. Do you produce all thoughts in your head or do some thoughts arise on their own without your intention and of a random nature?

No, I don't believe I could describe a conversation with myself. If I'm searching for a solution to something, I try to think of all angles and think of those that my decision would affect, but I wouldn't describe it as a conversation with myself. While thinking to myself and finding the solution, I might speak out-loud something like "eureka!," but I wouldn't call that speaking. As for the thoughts in my head, I would say some thoughts arise on their own without intention, however, they usually arise based on a previous experience or trigger.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby SydneyPSIder » 27 May 2013, 08:08

ProfWag wrote:
TruthJunkie wrote:
Let's have some fun. I am a trained psychic with profound spiritual awakening, contact, and years of direct experience with the subject. You are a skeptic. At least that's what you claim at this time. What is your intellectual background Prof? I am a embedded systems engineer. 30 years running with a list of fortune 500 clients to boot. My training is mostly on the job after designing and building the equivalent of an Apple I in 1981 while I was an electrician maintaining large water purification control systems. I was 22 in 1981. I didn't start my spiritual training until 27. I am 54.

I'm game for some fun. As for my background, it is well documented in this forum. I doubt most people give a crap about hearing it again. If it's an important part of this conversation, ask and I'll pm you.
I will say, however, that my experience in everything paranormal is strictly a hobby with quite a bit of personal study on both sides of the coin. What I have found is that there has never been a documented case of a psychic who solved a crime, there has never been a psychic kicked out of Vegas, and there has never been a psychic who has won the lottery twice in a row. Additionally, there was not a psychic who was able to pinpoint where those three girls were in Ohio, there was not a psychic who knew where Elizabeth Smart was, and there has never been a psychic who has dug up the body of Jimmy Hoffa. If there is something more to being a psychic than being attuned to reading a person's feelings through simple observation, I'd like to see the evidence of it. Ganzfield came close, but no scientists smoked a cigar at the end of them. And yes, speaking of those three girls in Ohio, I strongly believe that Sylvia Browne needs to be shut down and sued for the mental anguish she has given to several of the parents of the missing children she falsely told were dead. It's people like her that have left a terrible taste in my mouth for most psychics.


Can you PM it to me anyway? Sounds intriguing. And I think you have the boilerplate text all set up ;)

I would question that there has never been a psychic who has solved a crime or provided material guidance to solving a crime. Even the telly shows demonstrate where this has happened on several occasions. I've also seen a demo set up where a psychic found a person deliberately hidden in the trunk of a car in a full parking lot as a test of their ability. They found the correct car on the first try.

I can't speak for 'Sylvia Browne' whoever she is. Once again, you are making the logical fallacy of discrediting all possible psychics because of a few potential fakes and fame seekers. This has been the classical logical fallacy of the Skeptics Association and PSICOP throughout their existence. And it is such a childishly simple fallacy too, and shows a complete lack of understanding of true scientific method. Apart from the 'material denialist' stance they take going into every possible attempt at an investigation, and the way they attract deluded people with their three ring circus displays -- which is where most of the prominent members seemed to have earned their prior living. Anyhow, your claim that 'no psychic has ever solved a crime' -- or, to make the point a little better, produced compelling evidence that helped solve the crime by providing previously unknown information that could not have been obtained through materialistic means of gaining information, or by verbal communication with anyone living -- is actually not borne out by the evidence. It is a falsehood, and shows a tendency towards the same pseudosceptical material denialist stance as the Skeptics Association, and the long list of unscientific skeptic traits on the home page of this site, rather than any assessment of the actual facts.

With regards to guessing lotto numbers or blackjack results or whatever, so what? Who said anyone can do that? (Although I have heard some reliable psychics regularly clean up off the Melbourne Cup result each year -- and how can anyone easily disprove that?) In my dealings with genuine psychics, some of whom seem to be able to get impressions from the future, they are just that -- impressions. They do not usually have detailed information about makes, models, serial numbers, winning lotto numbers, etc, they simply cannot get that sort of information. They have vague impressions of ideas and emotions which they bring back. However, I have seen these to be startlingly accurate and specific in many peoples' lives, they are not 'generic predictions that could apply to anybody'. This has happened with me and with several friends using at least 5-6 different psychics I am aware of who get business via word of mouth, not via 1900 numbers etc. They also seem to be able to get current information 'from the air', like a huge global buzzing internet of information. All this requires further study, if they are willing, not an attitude that it must all be impossible from the outset. I note that there is only 1 actual scientist on the PSICOP board by report, most sensible scientists are too open-minded to rule anything out in this universe.
SydneyPSIder
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: 10 Sep 2012, 18:24

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby ProfWag » 27 May 2013, 19:02

SydneyPSIder wrote:I would question that there has never been a psychic who has solved a crime or provided material guidance to solving a crime. Even the telly shows demonstrate where this has happened on several occasions. I've also seen a demo set up where a psychic found a person deliberately hidden in the trunk of a car in a full parking lot as a test of their ability. They found the correct car on the first try.

"To date there is no recorded instance in England of psychics solving a criminal case or providing evidence of information which led directly to its solution." Edward Ellison of the U.K.'s Scotland Yard

"No psychic detective has ever been praised or given official recognition by the FBI or US national news for solving a crime, preventing a crime, or finding a kidnap victim or corpse." The Blue Sense: Psychic Detectives and Crime by Arthur Lyons and Marcello Truzzi
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby ProfWag » 27 May 2013, 19:04

ProfWag wrote:
SydneyPSIder wrote:I would question that there has never been a psychic who has solved a crime or provided material guidance to solving a crime. Even the telly shows demonstrate where this has happened on several occasions. I've also seen a demo set up where a psychic found a person deliberately hidden in the trunk of a car in a full parking lot as a test of their ability. They found the correct car on the first try.

"To date there is no recorded instance in England of psychics solving a criminal case or providing evidence of information which led directly to its solution." Edward Ellison of the U.K.'s Scotland Yard

"No psychic detective has ever been praised or given official recognition by the FBI or US national news for solving a crime, preventing a crime, or finding a kidnap victim or corpse." The Blue Sense: Psychic Detectives and Crime by Arthur Lyons and Marcello Truzzi


The shows you watch on television the appear to demonstrate psychics solving crimes are made for entertainment purposes and are highly speculative.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby SydneyPSIder » 28 May 2013, 11:43

ProfWag wrote:
SydneyPSIder wrote:I would question that there has never been a psychic who has solved a crime or provided material guidance to solving a crime. Even the telly shows demonstrate where this has happened on several occasions. I've also seen a demo set up where a psychic found a person deliberately hidden in the trunk of a car in a full parking lot as a test of their ability. They found the correct car on the first try.

"To date there is no recorded instance in England of psychics solving a criminal case or providing evidence of information which led directly to its solution." Edward Ellison of the U.K.'s Scotland Yard

"No psychic detective has ever been praised or given official recognition by the FBI or US national news for solving a crime, preventing a crime, or finding a kidnap victim or corpse." The Blue Sense: Psychic Detectives and Crime by Arthur Lyons and Marcello Truzzi


"No psychic detective has ever been praised or given official recognition by the FBI or US national news "

That's a different thing entirely now, isn't it? Plenty of local cops have given recognition, and publicly on TV shows that are not the national news. So that assertion doesn't really say anything much. Where's your logic and common sense gone, wag, it appears to have deserted you again.

Apart from the fact that even that statement, while it simply asserts there has been no such recognition, itself is just an opinion and assertion and not backed up by anything.

In the case of 'Edward Ellison', who knows? Apart from all the qualifiers in his statement, who is he? Is he even telling the truth? Is he just glossing off the top of his head? Do British police forces have a policy to never entertain the thought of trying to use a psychic, as they're not open to the idea? Doesn't mean a thing.
Last edited by SydneyPSIder on 28 May 2013, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
SydneyPSIder
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: 10 Sep 2012, 18:24

PreviousNext

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron