View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby ProfWag » 12 May 2013, 19:08

I will be attending a performance with a medium in a few weeks (for those of you that know me, don't laugh). It will be in an audience setting in a small theater and my seats are close to the stage. I will be attending with what I intend to be an open mind and plan on sharing my experience on this board after the show. However, I am quite skeptical so what I am interested in is what things would constitute a "hit" and what would not? For example, if the person whom I wish to contact passed away due to brain cancer, what could the medium say that would be a "hit" and what is a "miss?' Would the medium saying they "see" head wounds constitute a "hit" for brain cancer? Or, if the manner of death was diabetes, what part of the body that is described would constitute a "hit?"
Since I am skeptical, I would be interested in your opinions on whether or not I should share specifics of whom I wish to contact, a little about their background, manner of death, etc. beforehand with you so that there is a reference before the show so there could be no "cheating" on my part? I'll be happy to, but my skeptical side says that if I do, how do I know that the medium doesn't have a "shill" watching over this site and could use it to help their "hot reading?" I'm already skeptical in that I had to give my credit card to the ticket agent so the medium already has access to my name. I don't believe, however, that the manner of death(s) has been made public to anyone but my family and a few friends.
Anyway, just looking for advice and perhaps a little experimental fun!
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54






Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 May 2013, 00:52

I love that you have finally decided to enter the dark side (as you claim) with an open mind. :shock:

I did exactly the same thing with what I will call a wide open mind, back in October 2012. I also attended a small venue with a famous psychic medium to see if I could apply a more skeptical (at least skeptically educated via this forum) way of looking at this sort of thing. I can't wait to see if your event affects your personal level of skepticism.

ProfWag wrote:I would be interested in your opinions on whether or not I should share specifics of whom I wish to contact, a little about their background, manner of death, etc. beforehand with you so that there is a reference before the show so there could be no "cheating" on my part?

You are welcomed to PM me with anything you deem appropriate and perhaps Arouet will agree to the same. I doubt either of us will go running for this famous said psychic and blow your cover. :lol: As to the reason for needed such disclosure, I am of the opinion, "It is what it is!"

What I do know is that any conversation with strangers before the show should be avoided at all cost. I believe that more than a few so called professional psychics have been slammed for planting microphones and employee shills to glean information prior to and during seating.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby SydneyPSIder » 13 May 2013, 05:55

yes, you have to be careful about outright frauds. somewhat harder to pick is what I suspect john edward does -- I believe some people can tune in psychically on the living in the room like an antenna and get a few thoughts etc from them, such as a relative's name, etc, then run with it. they are not genuinely channeling the dead, just picking the brains of the living. the more you think about your recently passed aunty madge, the more they can get to tell you, including things 'only you knew about'. I've seen a couple of inadvertent giveaways by john edward in that area. further, john edward only seems to pass on very superficial messages 'from the other side', he gets some of the factual personal details correct, etc, but passes on very little by way of a message. so it's psychic paranormal activity, but still a fraud, and no evidence of an actual afterlife. however, evidence of an afterlife can be obtained elsewhere.
SydneyPSIder
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: 10 Sep 2012, 18:24

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby ProfWag » 13 May 2013, 06:27

NinjaPuppy wrote:You are welcomed to PM me with anything you deem appropriate and perhaps Arouet will agree to the same. I doubt either of us will go running for this famous said psychic and blow your cover. :lol: As to the reason for needed such disclosure, I am of the opinion, "It is what it is!"

Thanks for the offer Ninja and yes, I trust you totally to be fair. I've PM'd you my life story. Hope it doesn't put you to sleep...
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 May 2013, 01:12

SydneyPSIder wrote:yes, you have to be careful about outright frauds. somewhat harder to pick is what I suspect john edward does --

I totally agree with you Syd. About a year ago his show, "Crossing Over" was running on cable and I decided to watch it to see if I could figure out if he was cold reading or something more unexplainable. They took his show off and replaced him with "Rosanne" (Rosanne Barr's sitcom) so I didn't get very much of a change to observe or to keep any notes. Of course they can edit out the misses so television isn't the best way to try and form any opinion but it was all that I had at the time.

I do know someone who worked (studied) with his father many years ago. I will assume that the son is very well trained in the ways of psychics and naturally he possesses traits of a good entertainer.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 May 2013, 01:14

Yes, ProfWag, I now have your life history. I wouldn't say that it would EVER put anyone to sleep but it sure isn't going to help me write that best-seller, hot off the press book either. :D

HEY AROUET -- WAKE UP! Are you in on this deal or not?
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby ProfWag » 14 May 2013, 06:50

NinjaPuppy wrote:Yes, ProfWag, I now have your life history. I wouldn't say that it would EVER put anyone to sleep but it sure isn't going to help me write that best-seller, hot off the press book either. :D

HEY AROUET -- WAKE UP! Are you in on this deal or not?

Would you prefer, NInja, that I fill you in on the details of a New Year's Eve in London I had in 1986, a secret passage I stumbled upon in Rome in 1995, my experience in a Turkish Bath in Istanbul in 2004, or my snorkeling expedition in Aruba in 2009? Though none of those really have anything to do with the deceased I am wishing to contact other than they didn't know about any of them when they were alive... :-)
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 May 2013, 08:25

ProfWag wrote:Would you prefer, NInja, that I fill you in on the details of a New Year's Eve in London I had in 1986, a secret passage I stumbled upon in Rome in 1995, my experience in a Turkish Bath in Istanbul in 2004, or my snorkeling expedition in Aruba in 2009? Though none of those really have anything to do with the deceased I am wishing to contact other than they didn't know about any of them when they were alive... :-)

I think that I'm going to pass on those life events, thank you very much. :shock: Of course if he mentions me in your reading, then we will know he's legit. ;)
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby TruthJunkie » 20 May 2013, 05:29

=
Last edited by TruthJunkie on 12 Jun 2013, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
TruthJunkie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 16 Apr 2013, 08:46

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby ProfWag » 25 May 2013, 20:54

TruthJunkie wrote:I plan on attending John Edwards session later this year. I refrain from using the word performance because it really isn't a performance. A performance is planned and reading is not a planned event in terms of content. I have absolutely no idea what is going to come up. In fact the most accurate readings were beyond my comprehension of the subject. And there is always risk because of the inherent blindness or limitation of cognition of stimuli and sense limitations. Mind you I view the human body as one incredible organism with immaculate sense and cognitive capabilities. We are waiting for science to catch up with what is already available in the body.

Enjoy the "performance" giggle. Love to hear about what you experienced.

Feel free to "giggle" over the term performance, but according to Webster, a performance is a "public presentation or exhibition." I believe that performance is the appropriate term for what I will be attending.
Oh, and by the way, you're going to a session with a former Vice Presidential candidate?
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby TruthJunkie » 26 May 2013, 01:48

ProfWag wrote:
TruthJunkie wrote:I plan on attending John Edwards session later this year. I refrain from using the word performance because it really isn't a performance. A performance is planned and reading is not a planned event in terms of content. I have absolutely no idea what is going to come up. In fact the most accurate readings were beyond my comprehension of the subject. And there is always risk because of the inherent blindness or limitation of cognition of stimuli and sense limitations. Mind you I view the human body as one incredible organism with immaculate sense and cognitive capabilities. We are waiting for science to catch up with what is already available in the body.

Enjoy the "performance" giggle. Love to hear about what you experienced.

Feel free to "giggle" over the term performance, but according to Webster, a performance is a "public presentation or exhibition." I believe that performance is the appropriate term for what I will be attending.
Oh, and by the way, you're going to a session with a former Vice Presidential candidate?


I rarely if ever attend psychic events these days. I have been in UFO research mode for the last 5 years. Well that and the trancemedium stuff that showed up on the doorsteps of my mind. Both were mind bending. One thing that is absolutely required for experiencing phenomenon. You have to show up.

There were no performances in my working days. We are healers not circus performers and that's the difference. Well, that and the fact that until we act we have no idea what is going to take place. A performance is a given sequence of preconceived ideas and orchestrations. Players must rehearse their parts in order to perform. There may be pale correlations but each case as a healer is absolutely unique.

Let's have some fun. I am a trained psychic with profound spiritual awakening, contact, and years of direct experience with the subject. You are a skeptic. At least that's what you claim at this time. What is your intellectual background Prof? I am a embedded systems engineer. 30 years running with a list of fortune 500 clients to boot. My training is mostly on the job after designing and building the equivalent of an Apple I in 1981 while I was an electrician maintaining large water purification control systems. I was 22 in 1981. I didn't start my spiritual training until 27. I am 54.
TruthJunkie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 16 Apr 2013, 08:46

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby NinjaPuppy » 26 May 2013, 02:54

TruthJunkie wrote:Let's have some fun. I am a trained psychic with profound spiritual awakening, contact, and years of direct experience with the subject. You are a skeptic. At least that's what you claim at this time. What is your intellectual background Prof? I am a embedded systems engineer. 30 years running with a list of fortune 500 clients to boot. My training is mostly on the job after designing and building the equivalent of an Apple I in 1981 while I was an electrician maintaining large water purification control systems. I was 22 in 1981. I didn't start my spiritual training until 27. I am 54.

It sounds like we believers now have someone who can be considered a worthy opponent. That's a rather impressive background. Go get those darned skeptics!
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby TruthJunkie » 26 May 2013, 03:56

NinjaPuppy wrote:
TruthJunkie wrote:Let's have some fun. I am a trained psychic with profound spiritual awakening, contact, and years of direct experience with the subject. You are a skeptic. At least that's what you claim at this time. What is your intellectual background Prof? I am a embedded systems engineer. 30 years running with a list of fortune 500 clients to boot. My training is mostly on the job after designing and building the equivalent of an Apple I in 1981 while I was an electrician maintaining large water purification control systems. I was 22 in 1981. I didn't start my spiritual training until 27. I am 54.

It sounds like we believers now have someone who can be considered a worthy opponent. That's a rather impressive background. Go get those darned skeptics!


Skeptics are not a problem in my world. Well, that is, until they start laying claims at my feet as if they are more experienced than I am which is rarely if ever the case. Trust is a perennial issue in the human experience.

I had my first profound out of body experience at 17. I was a young rock guitarist (around '76 or so) and one night we played a show at the local grange hall. Around the second tune or so (Of a Lifetime by Journey) I simply popped up out of my body. I was not all the way out but my perspective was that of looking down on my guitar from an elevated POV (similar to a Peyote experience I had years later) and lo and behold if I didn't start playing lead lines that I never rehearsed and the timing was locked hard. We were grooving and I was out of my body. It was a mind bending experience and since I have channeled a few guitar masters. How I know that is because the actual content is new to me entirely yet sonically deep and dialed in, like getting the hands and ears of an old rock / blues master.

If you have experience you are no longer a believer. Belief is a placeholder for a blind approximation of experience. Experience however does not produce belief. Experience produces real data and corresponding confirmation that is registered in mind, body, and spirit.

I have been studying the skeptics and psychiatry over the last few years. I was and still am a skeptic. Skepticism is healthy however we used the term "Gullibility" to indicate the nature of belief without evidence to support a claim. If in fact belief is tethered to strong suspicion or some form of attachment and these elements are examined and found to be unbiased a belief may simply lack the validation that experience brings.

If someone told me there were spaceships at 15 I would have followed the masses with a skeptic attitude. Well I saw my first spaceship at 19 or so. Up close. So what was previously a skeptical position became modulated by a real experience. Later in 2008 and 2010 I got to witness more truly mind bending UFO phenomenon. So now I am agnostic towards claims and will readily listen, assist, and validate those who show conviction for their experience. I have met quite a few people with profound experience. Science cannot begin to fathom this aspect because of the dynamics of stimuli. So while the skeptic uses PSI testing "hits and misses" logic energetic phenomenon presents itself around the world on a daily basis.

I am not out to take on the skeptics. I am interested in communicating truth. Rather than war with those who will never be convinced without direct experience I would prefer to work with those who have experiences they cannot explain or understand. This group of people are in the midst of their awakening. The skeptic is not entirely ready for this work. When I began training I left my skepticism at the door and delved in as deep as I could. It paid off in spades but it was not an over night process. It took years to unwind conditioning and pain in order to be more sensitive to these effects.
TruthJunkie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 16 Apr 2013, 08:46

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby SydneyPSIder » 26 May 2013, 12:26

TruthJunkie wrote:Skeptics are not a problem in my world. Well, that is, until they start laying claims at my feet as if they are more experienced than I am which is rarely if ever the case. Trust is a perennial issue in the human experience.

I had my first profound out of body experience at 17. I was a young rock guitarist (around '76 or so) and one night we played a show at the local grange hall. Around the second tune or so (Of a Lifetime by Journey) I simply popped up out of my body. I was not all the way out but my perspective was that of looking down on my guitar from an elevated POV (similar to a Peyote experience I had years later) and lo and behold if I didn't start playing lead lines that I never rehearsed and the timing was locked hard. We were grooving and I was out of my body. It was a mind bending experience and since I have channeled a few guitar masters. How I know that is because the actual content is new to me entirely yet sonically deep and dialed in, like getting the hands and ears of an old rock / blues master.

If you have experience you are no longer a believer. Belief is a placeholder for a blind approximation of experience. Experience however does not produce belief. Experience produces real data and corresponding confirmation that is registered in mind, body, and spirit.

I have been studying the skeptics and psychiatry over the last few years. I was and still am a skeptic. Skepticism is healthy however we used the term "Gullibility" to indicate the nature of belief without evidence to support a claim. If in fact belief is tethered to strong suspicion or some form of attachment and these elements are examined and found to be unbiased a belief may simply lack the validation that experience brings.

If someone told me there were spaceships at 15 I would have followed the masses with a skeptic attitude. Well I saw my first spaceship at 19 or so. Up close. So what was previously a skeptical position became modulated by a real experience. Later in 2008 and 2010 I got to witness more truly mind bending UFO phenomenon. So now I am agnostic towards claims and will readily listen, assist, and validate those who show conviction for their experience. I have met quite a few people with profound experience. Science cannot begin to fathom this aspect because of the dynamics of stimuli. So while the skeptic uses PSI testing "hits and misses" logic energetic phenomenon presents itself around the world on a daily basis.

I am not out to take on the skeptics. I am interested in communicating truth. Rather than war with those who will never be convinced without direct experience I would prefer to work with those who have experiences they cannot explain or understand. This group of people are in the midst of their awakening. The skeptic is not entirely ready for this work. When I began training I left my skepticism at the door and delved in as deep as I could. It paid off in spades but it was not an over night process. It took years to unwind conditioning and pain in order to be more sensitive to these effects.


that would be a good way to steal some licks without practising! the bane of my life.

I would be interested to hear some theories about UFOs as ETs -- who are they, what are they, where from, what do they want, what can they do in technology, etc, any hard evidence and any instances of contact -- any theorising has to be demonstrable and grounded in evidence of some sort.
SydneyPSIder
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: 10 Sep 2012, 18:24

Re: Upcoming Experience with a Medium

Postby SydneyPSIder » 26 May 2013, 12:52

NinjaPuppy wrote:
TruthJunkie wrote:Let's have some fun. I am a trained psychic with profound spiritual awakening, contact, and years of direct experience with the subject. You are a skeptic. At least that's what you claim at this time. What is your intellectual background Prof? I am a embedded systems engineer. 30 years running with a list of fortune 500 clients to boot. My training is mostly on the job after designing and building the equivalent of an Apple I in 1981 while I was an electrician maintaining large water purification control systems. I was 22 in 1981. I didn't start my spiritual training until 27. I am 54.

It sounds like we believers now have someone who can be considered a worthy opponent. That's a rather impressive background. Go get those darned skeptics!

what am i, chopped liver? never mind, don't answer that...
SydneyPSIder
 
Posts: 1124
Joined: 10 Sep 2012, 18:24

Next

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest