[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
How does genuine fortune telling work? : Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

How does genuine fortune telling work?

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: How does genuine fortune telling work?

Postby Craig Browning » 04 Nov 2012, 00:54

Sidney. . . don't ask a question and ACT as if you have a genuine desire to learn about it from the metaphysical point of view when you're just seeking an opportunity to be another ass, just like 90% of the skeptic culture.

Karma & Reincarnation have a significant position in things that goes way outside the whole biblical hoopla, which I will agree, is quite questionable at best and which human beings have grossly bastardized in a mountain of ways. Karma & Reincarnation on the other hand, have a significant and growing level of analytical support even though it is difficult to "test" it in the sense or at the extremes the more cynically inclined want to do things. There is legit research when it comes to Reincarnation however, the UTNE Reader did a huge article on this fact about six or so years ago with reference to (I believe it was) the University of Colorado as well as UCLA and other such institutions that are involved in serious studies along this path. There is likewise that strange, almost constant factor when it comes to exceptionally intelligent but spiritually minded (not Religious. . . two different things) individuals throughout history, who refer to their own past-lives with uncanny accuracy, and that includes several young "Savants" in current time.

Karma, basically the idea of what goes around comes around, is one of the oldest and most universal beliefs known to human culture and even the so-called "intellectual" tends to recognize that the pattern exists. Philosophically speaking it is the "law" that makes the most sense out of any religious type of tradition . . . even biblically, we find that the Hebrews had a strong belief in Karma & Reincarnation but like much of their more esoteric tradition, this was drummed out of them and their culture during the Spanish Inquisition (don't you just love those gentle and forgiving Christians?)

There is an old saying that goes something like this, "For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." . . . while I know the back-story to this famous line by Joseph Dunninger (from someone that was in the room when he said it), the fact of the matter is, you are of that latter group. I've found that most such folks simple do not want to know an honest explanation of such things, usually because they have a misplaced loathing towards "God" rather than being able to understand that there is a difference between Religion and living a Spiritual life -- I know several Atheists that are exceptionally spiritual when it comes to how they view and live life. They are critical when it comes to issues around the paranormal, but they aren't obsessive compulsive zealots for "the cause". In fact, many an ardent skeptic have deliberately distanced themselves from groups like the JREF and the bogus MDC because it has become far too extreme and cruel -- the Evangelic arm of the Atheist movement, some say.

You asked for an explanation to the issue of "Prophecy" and to the best of my ability, I've explained it to you based on what I know and have found to be consistent. There is one important clarification that must be made however; just because a person does Readings DOES NOT mean they are a "Psychic" (though many, in ignorance, claim the title). Anyone can learn to do a decent Reading by simply following the traditional shut-eye approach of study; the results can be confounding when it comes to one time skeptics that humble themselves enough to do such in that they find themselves making "hits" that have no explanation (other than the "excuses" of "coincidence" and "self-fulfilling prophecy" . . . two of the most over-used and lame "outs" ever uttered, and far from being "hard science" -- the level of critical proof so many want to apply to those they judge). However, there is a HUGE difference between doing a Reading or consulting any Oracle vs. Prophecy -- the latter is more or less carved in stone and cannot be avoided without extreme effort. A reading and what comes from one, is based on the current situation around the question itself. The information is fluid and much of it can and even will shift because the patron still has their Freedom of Will. The whole purpose of such sessions center on making decisions. Unfortunately most commercial Readers don't care about that requisite and are more interested in taking people's money vs. qualifying them when it comes to doing the Reading. My job as a Reader is to be a sounding board for the sitter and by way of the various tools (oracles) I have available to me, give them options by revealing what COULD BE if they choose to move in one direction over another. This goes back to the whole tradition of consulting the "Wise Ones" prior to making major decisions for the sake of preventing undue loss or harm to others. . . a long forgotten tradition that really could stand a revival given how cruel and selfish our society has become.

Now as I've already stated, I don't play the game so many eager cynics love to play when they find someone that have a belief in these sort of things. It's a no win scenario and for me. . . well, my health is already too fragile so I'm not going to get into a pissing contest that's going to stress me out. I know what I know based on decades of experience and study. I am considered to be one of the more open-minded students of this kind of thing in that I am willing to present either side of the argument and likewise apply both sides to my personal philosophy. . . to me, if a person claims to walk "the way of the wise" if means they aren't being gullible and living by blind faith and personal delusions; the Wise Ones of the past were the thinkers, researchers and "scientists" of their time; something so many of today's cynics tend to ignore and refuse to weigh. While I teach people to consider the more pragmatic perspective on all things paranormal and psychic I likewise encourage them to understand the spiritual/metaphysical as it applies in each situation. This is how things were in our world a few millennia ago, prior to the invention of "The Church".

enough said.
Craig Browning

Postby Grichard » 04 Nov 2012, 02:19

I haven't personally seen any psychics, but my Aunt did a few years ago, and the predictions of the psychic were scarily accurate. The psychic predicted that she would meet and have an unpleasant encounter with a man of a certain name later that year, and she did, as well as a number of other things. You could put that down to coincidence, but that doesn't convince.

Anyway that's my bit of anecdotal evidence.
Grichard

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 04 Nov 2012, 05:22

"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
Twain Shakespeare

Postby SydneyPSIder » 04 Nov 2012, 11:53

SydneyPSIder

Previous

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy