[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Psychics and Frauds : Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy - Page 6 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Psychics and Frauds

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: Psychics and Frauds

Postby craig weiler » 30 Nov 2011, 23:38

I do think that the questions are slightly different, and this one seems to have arise from a prompt in any case. At any rate, thank you for bringing that up. I don't claim to be error free and if you find a clear factual error in my blog will correct it. I also try to remember to couch my statements with terms that aren't absolutist, but I don't always succeed. No one proofreads my blog posts for me and I don't always phrase things in exactly the right way.

I'm sure you noticed as well, that my blog is not written for skeptics . . . at all. My audience is psychic people and apparently a few people from the scientific parapsychology community as well. I make no attempt whatsoever to take skepticism into account.
A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for.
craig weiler

Postby Arouet » 01 Dec 2011, 02:06

Craig, I think I've posted this before, but I do try in general to avoid getting into personal convesations like what you are inviting here. they inevtiably accomplish little and result in hurt feelings. So yes, I haven't asked you why you think you're psychic. If you want to do an objective trial of some sort to demonstrate your abilities, I'd be up for that though.
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 01 Dec 2011, 03:07

ProfWag

Postby craig weiler » 01 Dec 2011, 05:06

craig weiler

Postby Craig Browning » 01 Dec 2011, 21:54

Craig Browning

Postby craig weiler » 02 Dec 2011, 00:40

Craig,
I considered the question carefully and answered truthfully. I would consider it a lack of respect to do otherwise.

Since I have personally experienced psychic ability my whole life, I see no need to question its existence.
craig weiler

Postby Jennett9 » 31 Dec 2011, 14:53

Amongst others Edgar Cayce points out that being psychic starts with an expansion of natural consciousness -- an awareness of your surroundings at the finest, most minute level of detail alongside the ability to recollect that information. Mnemonicist Harry Loraine echoes a similar point in THE MEMORY BOOK when pointing out how those with heightened recall are often accused of being "Psychic". We find similar examples in the law enforcement, investment and other arenas in which awareness or "sensitivity" to both, the thing of focus and one's surrounding hosts a magical/mystical feel to it. As I've shared before, this IS what it means to be a "Psychic" in the most common sense of perspective; what would be better defined as a "Diviner" or "Reader" but only to a point. There is a threshold or condition that exists in which all these skill factors is or becomes "natural" -- intuitive -- while everyone is born with a degree of this innate factor, not everyone has a natural penchant in connecting to it let alone understanding it.

Skeptics love to question/doubt "Intuition" because it's non-tangible and can't be touched, smelled, or sustain through countless redundancies of trail and effort. Yet, many in the skeptic's community are more amicable towards it because it isn't a full of boogiemen and whispering dead people as other modes of Psychic things tend to get. Thing is, I know of few that don't get "gut feelings" or "a hunch" about people, places & things throughout life and even they have to admit that there are some "maybe" scenarios to think on.

Knowing how the "trick' works does not mean it's "fake" or even "fraud", only that you know the mechanics behind the effect and why it creates the affect it has on people. I can show you two dozen ways of floating someone in the air but that will not prevent you from being mesmerized by the illusion when staged and presented properly (and besides that, there's more than 100 other methods out there you won't know about ). Context is another factor that cynics detest, forgetting the fact that the Magick of our ancestors IS the science of our present; on that point alone understanding the observational elements in context, sustains the claim of one being "Psychic" or "Sensitive" at least on the mundane level.

When it comes to other psychic abilities like Clairvoyance, Mediumship, etc. the jury is still out for me. I've had experiences in several such areas that I've openly shared about here and elsewhere, based on those experiences I honestly can't imagine why anyone would want to commune with the dead on a regularly basis -- it's just creepy and when you are able to help others. The Clairvoyant/Astral Projection side of things I've had a life-time's worth of experiences in and yet, I can't define it. On one level I have to look at it from a psychological dream analysis perspective seeing more akin to "Mental Projection" and in part, how my own subconscious helps make me consciously aware of things (because of all the subliminal data collected in the course of a day or week). But then we have situations such as on-going dreams and shamanic visions that go on for months with growing intensity that are in common with other members of the Psychic/Spiritual Community, each having the same feelings of impending doom or whatever. Such things can't be ignored but because they are so fantastic skeptics will demean both, the claim of the vision (precognition) and all the evidence sat around in that it does not fit their black & white idea of life.

Anyone with the guts to actually do as I've encouraged several times now, to set their preconceived "pragmatism" on a shelf for the next year and work with the book "Wisdom of the Mystic Masters" for one year, exactly as it is outlined. Digest that text and the results you get from an honest "personal" perspective, and then tell me there's nothing to it with a straight face. Tell me that you did not have experiences, insights and even "blessings" that went outside the carnal realm of understanding and explanation.
Jennett9

Postby supercrayman » 31 Dec 2011, 20:11

I think it is ProfWag, if you mislead that the information you gain is from other sources when it is from your eyes yes. And I am a 'believer' as you would term it. I firmly believe all psychic work should be done blind for this reason.

"I am definitely open to physics explanations of psi. I think the electromagnetic spectrum has a lot to do with it."
Craig that's unlikely or the would be zero effect in EM sheilded rooms.
supercrayman

Postby ProfWag » 31 Dec 2011, 20:24

ProfWag

Postby supercrayman » 31 Dec 2011, 20:45

Yeh a confessional booth with a keyboard to type questions into, so no reading on voice either. But that's the way it should be :D

Very unpopular, unless they were actually accurate.
supercrayman

Previous

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy