[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Precognition dreams : Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy - Page 2 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Precognition dreams

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: Precognition dreams

Postby curious » 01 Mar 2011, 01:21

What an intense experience for you and your family! It all does seem just *too* coincidental, doesn't it?

I wish I could offer you concrete answers, but I'm afraid I don't have any, just opinions and ideas -- I can post them when I have a moment later if you'd like to hear them?
"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -- Oscar Wilde
curious

Postby Craig Browning » 01 Mar 2011, 06:39

There's No Such Thing as Accidents or Coincidences!

At least not the the metaphysical world or the teachings of Hermes, Pythagoras and any number of other great thinkers/mystics of antiquity well up to about a century or two back. That's when all the critical thinkers decided they needed an "out" to explain the things they couldn't ergo terms like "Coincidence" and "Self-Fulfilling Prophecy" started coming about. :lol:

Ok, I'm being silly. . . kind of.

I don't have enough information to say if or not what happened (the dream, the phone calls, etc.) were in fact some kind of paranormal happenstance; it certainly sounds that way and eerily so (I've had similar series of events in the past as do other Psychics/Sensitives I know). Truth is, it is very difficult to say one way or the other because of how the human memory tends to put things together and too, the lack of direct interaction around events. Had I or some other trained individual been there from start to finish, to actually witness things as they unfolded, then a far more accurate assessment could be made. . . . and that's a big But

Mother's can and will get premonitions of this kind (usually a bit more clear however). I'm betting though that your mother left something out of her discussion of that dream -- her emotional expression.

After thinking about this I've chosen to not outline the in's and out's of how this issue could have affected the events. In simple terms, No One Deserves to Experience That Level of Guilt and Angst. There is however, an esoteric explanation to why your brother became the victim rather than you. If it is meant to be, you will find this out, but it's something I'd rather not get into on a public forum.

The irony, as I think about it, is that I somehow got the feeling that you're carrying some guilt over all of this. You shouldn't be, but I think you are; Why?
Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 01 Mar 2011, 07:12

First of all, I'm very sorry for your loss. As Craig as said, it's hard to have an opinion on your mother's dream. Memories are tricky. I prefer to stay away from commenting on personal stories like this.

However, to provide some counterpoint, people - women especially I find - have senses like this a lot. My wife will get these "bad feelings" all the time. We'll be driving, and she'll suddenly say: I have a real bad sense here, something is going to happen, be careful. Now, without the warning, would something bad have happened? I don't know, since I would slow down (its better to do that than to argue with her about how I don't believe her gut feeling means anything!).

Another example. My wife woke me up suddenly one night, she had had a dream, or just a feeling, or something (don't remember which) that something bad had happened to my grandfather, from a medical perspective. While I refused to call that minute, the next day passed uneventfully. No tragedy.

My point, is that some people have a lot of those types of feelings. The vast majority of the time nothing bad happens. But every once in awhile, something in the feeling, or dream, or thought, will match up to something that happens. Even eerily so.

So I'm not saying your mom didn't have a real vision, I can't comment on that. But I do think we must be cautious here in assigning real links.

News flash: coincidences happen all the darn time!

I agree with Craig though: if you're feeling guilty, you shouldn't. Let yourself off the hook, man!
Arouet

Postby Paradox » 01 Mar 2011, 13:22

Truth is stranger than fiction.
Paradox

Postby Paradox » 01 Mar 2011, 14:01

Paradox

Postby Paradox » 01 Mar 2011, 14:10

Paradox

Postby curious » 02 Mar 2011, 03:46

Well, I've never had a precognitive dream, but I have had some precognitive experiences through meditation (vastly different from the example I wrote about above). These visions and dreams can hold great amounts of information and transfer knowledge, but it is always twisted or incomplete in some way. I think Craig's explanation of the messages being routed through the subconscious mind and its symbolism might explain some of this effect.

For those who haven't experienced these, I know I'm going to (already do?) sound batshit insane: Some of my experiences have lead me to wonder if I am sometimes picking up on someone else's future memory/experience in some way. The perspectives seem to come through someone else's eyes and mind, and contain personal perceptions of a situation that don't mesh with my own views. Your mother's dream sounds like some of the experiences I've had -- complete but from a wrong angle.

Why they occur, I don't really know. My own ideas about these experiences rests in the concept that time is not linear in the way we understand it to be, we only percieve it as such in order to maintain coherence in our minds. I think these dips into other times are usually accidental, and not intended to create a message or meaning for the reciever.
"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -- Oscar Wilde
curious

Postby Craig Browning » 02 Mar 2011, 04:25

The traditional explanation here is that you are Channeling -- it's most likely a "Clairvoyant" type thing, given how you are describing it (and other than Telepathy, Clairvoyance seems the most common of Psychic abilities). The Rosicrucian refer to this a "Mental Projection" even though their perspective is typically dealing with a more deliberate/controlled mode of effort that can lead to Astral Projection and in very rare instances "Bi-Location" (literally, being in two places at the same time. Though attributed to several Saints and Mystics, there's only about a dozen documented instances that come anywhere close to validating such phenomena).

Frankly, I wish I could spend a few days with you. Not just to help you better understand "what's happening to you" but to help you learn how to pay attention to such things and later "translate" the information. Too, there is the important step of "grounding" yourself; spend too much time doing it (controlled or being controlled by it) and you end up in La-la land -- NOT A GOOD PLACE TO GO :lol:

Errr :evil: I want to say more but everything that comes into mind makes me sound like a madman... pm me if you'd like to chat, that's the easiest way of putting things. ;)
Craig Browning

Postby G. ADAM » 03 Mar 2011, 09:54

G. ADAM

Previous

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy