View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Precognition dreams

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: Precognition dreams

Postby curious » 01 Mar 2011, 01:21

What an intense experience for you and your family! It all does seem just *too* coincidental, doesn't it?

I wish I could offer you concrete answers, but I'm afraid I don't have any, just opinions and ideas -- I can post them when I have a moment later if you'd like to hear them?
"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -- Oscar Wilde
curious

Postby Craig Browning » 01 Mar 2011, 06:39

NEWS FLASH!

There's No Such Thing as Accidents or Coincidences!

At least not the the metaphysical world or the teachings of Hermes, Pythagoras and any number of other great thinkers/mystics of antiquity well up to about a century or two back. That's when all the critical thinkers decided they needed an "out" to explain the things they couldn't ergo terms like "Coincidence" and "Self-Fulfilling Prophecy" started coming about. :lol:

Ok, I'm being silly. . . kind of.

I don't have enough information to say if or not what happened (the dream, the phone calls, etc.) were in fact some kind of paranormal happenstance; it certainly sounds that way and eerily so (I've had similar series of events in the past as do other Psychics/Sensitives I know). Truth is, it is very difficult to say one way or the other because of how the human memory tends to put things together and too, the lack of direct interaction around events. Had I or some other trained individual been there from start to finish, to actually witness things as they unfolded, then a far more accurate assessment could be made. BUT . . . and that's a big But

Mother's can and will get premonitions of this kind (usually a bit more clear however). I'm betting though that your mother left something out of her discussion of that dream -- her emotional expression.

After thinking about this I've chosen to not outline the in's and out's of how this issue could have affected the events. In simple terms, No One Deserves to Experience That Level of Guilt and Angst. There is however, an esoteric explanation to why your brother became the victim rather than you. If it is meant to be, you will find this out, but it's something I'd rather not get into on a public forum.

The irony, as I think about it, is that I somehow got the feeling that you're carrying some guilt over all of this. You shouldn't be, but I think you are; Why?
Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 01 Mar 2011, 07:12

First of all, I'm very sorry for your loss. As Craig as said, it's hard to have an opinion on your mother's dream. Memories are tricky. I prefer to stay away from commenting on personal stories like this.

However, to provide some counterpoint, people - women especially I find - have senses like this a lot. My wife will get these "bad feelings" all the time. We'll be driving, and she'll suddenly say: I have a real bad sense here, something is going to happen, be careful. Now, without the warning, would something bad have happened? I don't know, since I would slow down (its better to do that than to argue with her about how I don't believe her gut feeling means anything!).

Another example. My wife woke me up suddenly one night, she had had a dream, or just a feeling, or something (don't remember which) that something bad had happened to my grandfather, from a medical perspective. While I refused to call that minute, the next day passed uneventfully. No tragedy.

My point, is that some people have a lot of those types of feelings. The vast majority of the time nothing bad happens. But every once in awhile, something in the feeling, or dream, or thought, will match up to something that happens. Even eerily so.

So I'm not saying your mom didn't have a real vision, I can't comment on that. But I do think we must be cautious here in assigning real links.

News flash: coincidences happen all the darn time!

I agree with Craig though: if you're feeling guilty, you shouldn't. Let yourself off the hook, man!
Arouet

Postby Paradox » 01 Mar 2011, 13:22

curious wrote:What an intense experience for you and your family! It all does seem just *too* coincidental, doesn't it?

I wish I could offer you concrete answers, but I'm afraid I don't have any, just opinions and ideas -- I can post them when I have a moment later if you'd like to hear them?

No you can post what you want. I asked this question in hopes of hearing if somebody else on here had a similar experience, knew someone that did or maybe actually researches this topic to some degree but thanks.
Truth is stranger than fiction.
Paradox

Postby Paradox » 01 Mar 2011, 14:01

Craig Browning wrote:NEWS FLASH!

There's No Such Thing as Accidents or Coincidences!

At least not the the metaphysical world or the teachings of Hermes, Pythagoras and any number of other great thinkers/mystics of antiquity well up to about a century or two back. That's when all the critical thinkers decided they needed an "out" to explain the things they couldn't ergo terms like "Coincidence" and "Self-Fulfilling Prophecy" started coming about. :lol:

Ok, I'm being silly. . . kind of.

I don't have enough information to say if or not what happened (the dream, the phone calls, etc.) were in fact some kind of paranormal happenstance; it certainly sounds that way and eerily so (I've had similar series of events in the past as do other Psychics/Sensitives I know). Truth is, it is very difficult to say one way or the other because of how the human memory tends to put things together and too, the lack of direct interaction around events. Had I or some other trained individual been there from start to finish, to actually witness things as they unfolded, then a far more accurate assessment could be made. BUT . . . and that's a big But

Mother's can and will get premonitions of this kind (usually a bit more clear however). I'm betting though that your mother left something out of her discussion of that dream -- her emotional expression.

After thinking about this I've chosen to not outline the in's and out's of how this issue could have affected the events. In simple terms, No One Deserves to Experience That Level of Guilt and Angst. There is however, an esoteric explanation to why your brother became the victim rather than you. If it is meant to be, you will find this out, but it's something I'd rather not get into on a public forum.

The irony, as I think about it, is that I somehow got the feeling that you're carrying some guilt over all of this. You shouldn't be, but I think you are; Why?

Well my mother did have several dreams similar to this where she dreamt about somebody dying. She even dreamt about me dying before where I blasted myself with a shotgun (the dream was a little graphic to explain here). She was vividly upset about that dream as well. That was 20 years ago when I was barely a teen so obviously that didn't happen or I wouldn't be here posting right now. My brother was reckless in the past and came close to death several times. He was involved in several car wrecks before and he even got ran over by a car once before but all of these occured long before this incident. I wasn't a very reckless person in fact even though I was very close with Tom we were polar opposites personality wise. He was very extroverted and outgoing and I'm very introverted and only prefer company that I'm familiar with. I still had several close calls myself with death. I do work in a high risk field as an electrician. I've worked on high voltage systems and circuits live. I've also worked in very hazardous areas as well performing different jobs. I've fallen off a ladder, had a hydraulic scissors lift collapse on me while in it, fell off of a roof and came close to electrocution a few times. So maybe some of these things were on her mind when she dreamt of me dying in place of my brother. I figure I could offer at least some possible critique to this so this doesn't seem like I'm leaving things out to avoid criticism so I've mentioned that above.

There was something odd about the dream I've mentioned in the above post because he rarely went to that bar and he wasn't supposed to go there that night (the night he died). The bar was a combined restuarant and motel. He mentioned he was at a motel in the dream when he called in the dream. This dream only occured some 2 weeks before his accident and actually came true for at least one of us was lying on the road dead. It was also odd that it was me and my grandmother who were together in the dream. Ironically it was just the two of us who lived together for several more years before her passing over a year ago. Also in the dream it was my brother who was away on the phone and not with any of us and of course because of his death that is the way things ended up being. I thought I would emphasise that point because maybe there was a symbolic meaning mixed in with the entire dream. Who knows? The phone number matching the date of the tragedy combined with the dream makes this a very odd coincidence if it was one. The phone calls are irrelevant to this story but I thought I would add it since the calls were weird as well and followed this event.

You know I used to brush all of my past 'experiences' off and just say 'bla'. I'll admit this was the incident which fueled my interest in the paranormal. I like many was never one to believe others experiences. I guess it's always different when it happens to you. There were starnge events which followed this as well but I'll save some of these for other threads. I just wanted to concetrate on the precognition dream issue for now but thanks for at least reading.
Paradox

Postby Paradox » 01 Mar 2011, 14:10

Arouet wrote:I agree with Craig though: if you're feeling guilty, you shouldn't. Let yourself off the hook, man!

I guess I felt guilty because we had an argument over an incident where we were out at a bar together. This occured a year earlier. Normally I would have went out with him but I guess the grudge got in the way. Maybe some of these types of dreams are a warning sometimes to help avert a potential tragedy but maybe at other times they are to prepare you for whats ahead (if ones not a hardcore sceptic on these topics) but thanks.
Paradox

Postby curious » 02 Mar 2011, 03:46

Well, I've never had a precognitive dream, but I have had some precognitive experiences through meditation (vastly different from the example I wrote about above). These visions and dreams can hold great amounts of information and transfer knowledge, but it is always twisted or incomplete in some way. I think Craig's explanation of the messages being routed through the subconscious mind and its symbolism might explain some of this effect.

For those who haven't experienced these, I know I'm going to (already do?) sound batshit insane: Some of my experiences have lead me to wonder if I am sometimes picking up on someone else's future memory/experience in some way. The perspectives seem to come through someone else's eyes and mind, and contain personal perceptions of a situation that don't mesh with my own views. Your mother's dream sounds like some of the experiences I've had -- complete but from a wrong angle.

Why they occur, I don't really know. My own ideas about these experiences rests in the concept that time is not linear in the way we understand it to be, we only percieve it as such in order to maintain coherence in our minds. I think these dips into other times are usually accidental, and not intended to create a message or meaning for the reciever.
"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -- Oscar Wilde
curious

Postby Craig Browning » 02 Mar 2011, 04:25

The traditional explanation here is that you are Channeling -- it's most likely a "Clairvoyant" type thing, given how you are describing it (and other than Telepathy, Clairvoyance seems the most common of Psychic abilities). The Rosicrucian refer to this a "Mental Projection" even though their perspective is typically dealing with a more deliberate/controlled mode of effort that can lead to Astral Projection and in very rare instances "Bi-Location" (literally, being in two places at the same time. Though attributed to several Saints and Mystics, there's only about a dozen documented instances that come anywhere close to validating such phenomena).

Frankly, I wish I could spend a few days with you. Not just to help you better understand "what's happening to you" but to help you learn how to pay attention to such things and later "translate" the information. Too, there is the important step of "grounding" yourself; spend too much time doing it (controlled or being controlled by it) and you end up in La-la land -- NOT A GOOD PLACE TO GO :lol:

Errr :evil: I want to say more but everything that comes into mind makes me sound like a madman... pm me if you'd like to chat, that's the easiest way of putting things. ;)
Craig Browning

Postby G. ADAM » 03 Mar 2011, 09:54

Craig Browning wrote:Errr :evil: I want to say more but everything that comes into mind makes me sound like a madman... pm me if you'd like to chat, that's the easiest way of putting things. ;)

If you didn't get a copy of your radio show where you said 4 weeks before 9/11...

THEY SKY IS FALLING! THE PLANES WILL FALL TO THE GROUND IN WASHINGTON DC IN ONE MONTHS TIME!

then what is the point of blabbing on and on and on about it?

Even SOLOG got some recognition for getting the city right, 9/11 means emergency so nobody realised that was a freebie.

Here are 3 of my premonitions ON RECORD!

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?as_usubject=proof+of+god+0202+2002
FEB 2 2002 I post PROOF OF GOD 02 02 2002 to a dozen newsgroups
1 year to the day later the Space Shuttle exploded

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?as_usubject=dark-day-monday
DEC 14 2004 A ouigee board warning of global catastrophe - DARK DAY MONDAY
2 weeks before the Boxing Day Tsunami killed 100,000 people ON A SUNDAY

An email to 50 Queensland government departments early January just before floods covered half of Queensland and the biggest cyclone on record followed.
G. ADAM

Previous

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy