View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Neuroscientist Dr. Michael Persinger Discovers Telepathy!

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: Dr. Michael Persinger Discovers Telepathy in Lab Experim

Postby ProfWag » 09 Feb 2012, 05:34

Scepcop wrote:Well the point is, telepathy is a proven fact.

No it's not a proven fact. Let's see, how does this go? Oh yea: "Be a man and ADMIT IT! You and ____ were WRONG on this issue. Deal with it! YOU WERE WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!"

I did hear a new one today that I have't heard before. Someone asked Dean Radin why he doesn't take the MDC and he said it was because it would cost more than a million dollars to design a protocol and run the test. I thought he'd already done that? Oh well...
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54






Re: Dr. Michael Persinger Announces Telepathy as a Proven Fa

Postby Arouet » 09 Feb 2012, 05:36

Scepcop wrote:Dr. Rupert Sheldrake, a distinguished biologist and author, has also conducted noteworthy telepathy experiments that have confirmed the existence of ESP. In his books, such as "Dogs That Know When Their Owners Are Coming Home" and "The Sense of Being Stared At", he has documented telepathic experiments involving animals knowing in advance when their owners were coming home, and humans who were able to demonstrate consistent above chance that they could sense when they were being stared at. His findings were so airtight and irrefutable in fact, that arch debunker James Randi could do nothing but use cheap ad hominem attacks on him and his research.

Dr. Sheldrake believes that a “morphic resonance field” exists between humans and animals, which account for the existence of telepathy. You can learn more about Dr. Sheldrake’s research and books on his website at:

http://www.sheldrake.org


We've had some detailed discussions about Sheldrake's study over at Skeptiko. To call it airtight and irrefutable is an overstatement to say the least.

And morphic renonance has hardly been demonstrated.
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Dr. Michael Persinger Discovers Telepathy in Lab Experim

Postby Arouet » 09 Feb 2012, 06:40

Scepcop wrote:Well the point is, telepathy is a proven fact. Paranormalists have not made absolute claims as to the mechanisms. So this does not challenge "telepathy as we know it". You aren't making sense with that term.


Do you know what his experiment was? Can you describe it? I'm not sure its what you think it is.

Persinger is attributing this telepathy he discovered with the earth's geomagnetic field. His experiments also involved a magnetic field between the test subjects. It is a sort of "quantum entanglement" as Dean Radin said. Somehow, this magnetic field contains a mechanism for telepathy.


He's exploring the effect of geomagnetic fields on the human body, indeed, but I don't think he's quite concluded what you think he has.

Whatever the mechanism, the bottom line is that WE WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG that minds are linked to each other even though the people may be apart.


But Persinger hasn't demonstrated that. That's not what his "telepathy" experiment described. You should go read it.

In 1995, I woke up knowing that my girlfriend had been in a car accident. An hour later she called me to tell me that it happened. It wasn't a feeling, but a knowing. Examples like that are very common. I knew back then, in 1995, that it was telepathy. And now, science has proven that I WAS RIGHT!


Perhaps one day, but not yet.

Persinger ought to apply for the JREF Challenge. He could use the million to fund more experiments in telepathy.


No, none of Persinger's experiments would qualify for the challenge, AFAIK.
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Dr. Michael Persinger Announces Telepathy as Proven Fact

Postby CloverThumper » 28 Feb 2012, 10:28

Awesome, I'm glad to see more people who know about this!! :) (That Ingo Swan guy is pretty strange, but then again most empath's are considered somewhat 'different' in their own right.)
I know I experience telepathy, precog's, and remote viewing... and have been called weird my whole life...not to mention being called crazy by skeptics.


Yes!

I love seeing those connected with the conventional world helping to prove what the rest us of have all known, intuitively, since the dawn of time.

:) Yay Debunking Skeptics! <3
User avatar
CloverThumper
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 09:41

Re: Dr. Michael Persinger Announces Telepathy as Proven Fact

Postby Scepcop » 12 Mar 2012, 21:56

Here is a list of Persinger's published papers, if anyone wants to see it.

http://laurentian.ca/Laurentian/Home/De ... Lang=en-CA
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Dr. Michael Persinger Discovers Telepathy in Lab Experim

Postby Scepcop » 12 Mar 2012, 22:00

Arouet wrote:
Scepcop wrote:Well the point is, telepathy is a proven fact. Paranormalists have not made absolute claims as to the mechanisms. So this does not challenge "telepathy as we know it". You aren't making sense with that term.


Do you know what his experiment was? Can you describe it? I'm not sure its what you think it is.

Persinger is attributing this telepathy he discovered with the earth's geomagnetic field. His experiments also involved a magnetic field between the test subjects. It is a sort of "quantum entanglement" as Dean Radin said. Somehow, this magnetic field contains a mechanism for telepathy.


He's exploring the effect of geomagnetic fields on the human body, indeed, but I don't think he's quite concluded what you think he has.

Whatever the mechanism, the bottom line is that WE WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG that minds are linked to each other even though the people may be apart.


But Persinger hasn't demonstrated that. That's not what his "telepathy" experiment described. You should go read it.

In 1995, I woke up knowing that my girlfriend had been in a car accident. An hour later she called me to tell me that it happened. It wasn't a feeling, but a knowing. Examples like that are very common. I knew back then, in 1995, that it was telepathy. And now, science has proven that I WAS RIGHT!


Perhaps one day, but not yet.

Persinger ought to apply for the JREF Challenge. He could use the million to fund more experiments in telepathy.


No, none of Persinger's experiments would qualify for the challenge, AFAIK.


You aren't making any factual, logical or substantive statements. You are just denying everything. Telepathy was proven by Ingo Swann long ago. There is no logical reason to deny them. You are just making denial statements without basis.

Perhaps John Lear was right that some of you skeptics are paid debunkers that deny and debate everything to try to sway public opinion. Your debunking seems to be out of duty, not out of logic or reason.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Dr. Michael Persinger Discovers Telepathy in Lab Experim

Postby ProfWag » 12 Mar 2012, 22:59

Scepcop wrote:You aren't making any factual, logical or substantive statements. You are just denying everything. Telepathy was proven by Ingo Swann long ago. There is no logical reason to deny them. You are just making denial statements without basis.

From Dr. Persinger's own words: (bold emphasis mine)
"From the perspective of modern neuroscience, all experiences are generated by brain activity, or at the very least strongly correlated with brain activity. As the complexity of this brain activity is mapped and described mathematically, the nuances of thought and the idiosyncratic noise that define us as individuals will be quantified. To date there has not been a single type of paranormal experience that is not understandable in terms of known brain functions."
Michael A. Persinger, Ph.D., C.Psych. The Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences 2001;13:515-524. 10.1176/appi.neuropsych.13.4.515
Journal artical can be found here:
http://neuro.psychiatryonline.org/artic ... urnalID=62

(Sorry it's not a youtube article Winston.)
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Dr. Michael Persinger Announces Telepathy as Proven Fact

Postby Arouet » 12 Mar 2012, 23:10

Scepcop: have you read the Persinger paper?
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Dr. Michael Persinger Announces Telepathy as Proven Fact

Postby Scepcop » 13 Mar 2012, 21:21

If anyone's interested, here is the hub page for Michael Persinger's publications. I emailed him and he gave me this link. Click on the publications tab and you will be brought to an index of downloadable PDF publications by Persinger.

http://www.persingerpublications.com/
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Dr. Michael Persinger Discovers Telepathy in Lab Experim

Postby Scepcop » 13 Mar 2012, 21:27

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:You aren't making any factual, logical or substantive statements. You are just denying everything. Telepathy was proven by Ingo Swann long ago. There is no logical reason to deny them. You are just making denial statements without basis.

From Dr. Persinger's own words: (bold emphasis mine)
"From the perspective of modern neuroscience, all experiences are generated by brain activity, or at the very least strongly correlated with brain activity. As the complexity of this brain activity is mapped and described mathematically, the nuances of thought and the idiosyncratic noise that define us as individuals will be quantified. To date there has not been a single type of paranormal experience that is not understandable in terms of known brain functions."
Michael A. Persinger, Ph.D., C.Psych. The Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences 2001;13:515-524. 10.1176/appi.neuropsych.13.4.515
Journal artical can be found here:
http://neuro.psychiatryonline.org/artic ... urnalID=62

(Sorry it's not a youtube article Winston.)


You liar. He was not talking about telepathy in that paper. That was from 2001. He has CHANGED HIS MIND SINCE THEN! Read his new papers. He says that telepathy is a confirmed fact. Just accept it. What is your problem?

There is nothing to debate about it. He says telepathy is real and has caught up to the rest of us. Just accept it. That's what he said. Stop trying to lie and obfuscate.

Whether you want to call it paranormal or not doesn't matter. TELEPATHY EXISTS. It's been proven. Bottom line. You guys LOST.

I told you, you can watch his lecture above. He says it in his lectures too. Why are you too stupid to just listen to his lecture? You think his lectures don't count, and only his papers do? What kind of dumb logic is that? Look at his recent papers. So stupid.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Dr. Michael Persinger Announces Telepathy as Proven Fact

Postby Arouet » 13 Mar 2012, 21:39

I've watched that lecture before. Scepcop: did you read the actual paper?
User avatar
Arouet
 
Posts: 2544
Joined: 07 Aug 2010, 03:07

Re: Dr. Michael Persinger Discovers Telepathy in Lab Experim

Postby ProfWag » 14 Mar 2012, 04:15

Scepcop wrote:
ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:You aren't making any factual, logical or substantive statements. You are just denying everything. Telepathy was proven by Ingo Swann long ago. There is no logical reason to deny them. You are just making denial statements without basis.

From Dr. Persinger's own words: (bold emphasis mine)
"From the perspective of modern neuroscience, all experiences are generated by brain activity, or at the very least strongly correlated with brain activity. As the complexity of this brain activity is mapped and described mathematically, the nuances of thought and the idiosyncratic noise that define us as individuals will be quantified. To date there has not been a single type of paranormal experience that is not understandable in terms of known brain functions."
Michael A. Persinger, Ph.D., C.Psych. The Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences 2001;13:515-524. 10.1176/appi.neuropsych.13.4.515
Journal artical can be found here:
http://neuro.psychiatryonline.org/artic ... urnalID=62

(Sorry it's not a youtube article Winston.)


You liar. He was not talking about telepathy in that paper. That was from 2001. He has CHANGED HIS MIND SINCE THEN! Read his new papers. He says that telepathy is a confirmed fact. Just accept it. What is your problem?

There is nothing to debate about it. He says telepathy is real and has caught up to the rest of us. Just accept it. That's what he said. Stop trying to lie and obfuscate.

Whether you want to call it paranormal or not doesn't matter. TELEPATHY EXISTS. It's been proven. Bottom line. You guys LOST.

I told you, you can watch his lecture above. He says it in his lectures too. Why are you too stupid to just listen to his lecture? You think his lectures don't count, and only his papers do? What kind of dumb logic is that? Look at his recent papers. So stupid.

You know, I've read and re-read this post and I have to admit, it is extremely rude and quite frankly, I think I deserve an apology for the way you treated me in this post. What did I lie about Winston? I posted an article and a reference. It's a hell of a lot more than you've ever done. Yet I get branded a liar and "so stupid?" Totally uncalled for and quite frankly, very immature comments, especially from one who is supposed to be the site administrator.
Getting to the subject at hand, I've watched the lecture you posted and I didn't see where he said what you claim that "telepathy exists," that "it's been proven," or that he's "changed his mind." Winston, please point me to the exact spot in the video where he says any of those things. Otherwise, I stand by my post and challenge you to show where I "lied."
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Dr. Michael Persinger Discovers Telepathy in Lab Experim

Postby Scepcop » 07 May 2012, 08:58

ProfWag wrote:You know, I've read and re-read this post and I have to admit, it is extremely rude and quite frankly, I think I deserve an apology for the way you treated me in this post. What did I lie about Winston? I posted an article and a reference. It's a hell of a lot more than you've ever done. Yet I get branded a liar and "so stupid?" Totally uncalled for and quite frankly, very immature comments, especially from one who is supposed to be the site administrator.
Getting to the subject at hand, I've watched the lecture you posted and I didn't see where he said what you claim that "telepathy exists," that "it's been proven," or that he's "changed his mind." Winston, please point me to the exact spot in the video where he says any of those things. Otherwise, I stand by my post and challenge you to show where I "lied."


Apologize for what? Are you trying to change the subject and obfuscate the issue again? Dr. Persinger announced that telepathy was REAL and PROVEN. His papers say the same thing. If not, explain why not. You haven't. All you did was try to obfuscate the topic again, like a paid debunker/shill.

Show me where in his papers that it said that telepathy is unproven or not real. You can't because he doesn't say that. Stop trying to confuse and obfuscate. Telepathy has been proven. Orthodox science has announced it. You lost. Just fess up.

You are lying because you tried to claim that he is saying something he didn't say, just to try to discredit this thread for no reason other than that you are a shill.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Dr. Michael Persinger Announces Telepathy as Proven Fact

Postby Scepcop » 07 May 2012, 08:59

Check out this lecture by brain scientist Todd Murphy, a mentoree of the famous neuroscientist Dr. Michael Persinger. In it he explains how Dr. Persinger proved the existence of telepathy in his airtight experiments, which orthodox science has not challenged and has been published in peer reviewed papers. It's very informative and mind blowing.



Description:

Neurotheology 4 - This talk, by author (see below) Todd Murphy describes how telepathy and remote viewing have been generated in laboratory settings by Dr. M. A. Persinger (inventor of the "God Helmet") using "The Octopus" and "Shiva", circumcerebral (around the head) neural stimulation devices. It also discusses a case history of a possible miracle elicited using neural stimulation. This is part of a series of talks in neurotheology given by the inventor of the 8 Coil Shakti and the Shiva Neural Stimulation system (which replicates the God Helmet). Murphy is also the author of "Sacred Pathways: The Brain's Role in Religious and Mystic Experiences" (Kindle edition, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Y3TVSS). Psychic skills were outside the range of science until the experiments described in this lecture were published in the peer-reviewed scientific literature. These articles can be found by searching for 'circumcerebral' at www.pubmed.com.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
User avatar
Scepcop
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: 16 May 2009, 07:29

Re: Dr. Michael Persinger Discovers Telepathy in Lab Experim

Postby ProfWag » 07 May 2012, 20:46

Scepcop wrote:
ProfWag wrote:You know, I've read and re-read this post and I have to admit, it is extremely rude and quite frankly, I think I deserve an apology for the way you treated me in this post. What did I lie about Winston? I posted an article and a reference. It's a hell of a lot more than you've ever done. Yet I get branded a liar and "so stupid?" Totally uncalled for and quite frankly, very immature comments, especially from one who is supposed to be the site administrator.
Getting to the subject at hand, I've watched the lecture you posted and I didn't see where he said what you claim that "telepathy exists," that "it's been proven," or that he's "changed his mind." Winston, please point me to the exact spot in the video where he says any of those things. Otherwise, I stand by my post and challenge you to show where I "lied."


Apologize for what? Are you trying to change the subject and obfuscate the issue again? Dr. Persinger announced that telepathy was REAL and PROVEN. His papers say the same thing. If not, explain why not. You haven't. All you did was try to obfuscate the topic again, like a paid debunker/shill.

Show me where in his papers that it said that telepathy is unproven or not real. You can't because he doesn't say that. Stop trying to confuse and obfuscate. Telepathy has been proven. Orthodox science has announced it. You lost. Just fess up.

You are lying because you tried to claim that he is saying something he didn't say, just to try to discredit this thread for no reason other than that you are a shill.

The apologiy request was for calling me a liar and stupid. You ask me to explain why his papers don't say telepathy was real or proven. You can't prove a negative Winston. That's why I respectfully asked you to show exactly where he says it's "real and proven." That's all. I posted a comment to yours and you shot back calling me a liar. If I don't know something, how does that make me a liar? So, I will not retract my statement and again ask for you to show me where I lied about anything EVER on this forum. If you can find one, I will immediately apologize. Otherwise, I think it is you who should do the apologizing.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

PreviousNext

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests