View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - A True Skeptic!

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby ProfWag » 10 Dec 2010, 23:42

Scepcop wrote:ProfWag, you are nuts. Calling someone a child or telling them to grow up does not constitute libel or slander. Dude you are playing games and not serious.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you that making fun of someone handicapped is the same as calling someone a child. If your feelings are that fragile, you should not be participating on forums. If you don't like that, then feel free to go to the http://forums.mind-energy.net forums instead of here.

I thought you said you were taking time out of the forums and focusing on more personal things in your life? Why are you back?

Once again, I DID NOT SAY THAT THEY WERE THE SAME SCEPCOP!!! Geezus H Krist! Freakin' think outside your own little world for once, would you? What are you, an 8-year old child?! **
Look Scepcop, you are the Administrator and you have every right to set whatever rules you want. Your own post, however, said that what you say to people can “make him (them) feel bad. It is rude and brings bad vibes here too. And it’s unnecessary and uncalled for.” So, perhaps you can clarify, was your post only directed towards Craig ONLY or do you wish your entire forum to abide by those comments and not be rude and/or bring bad vibes? I can assure you that when I get told I’m childish, I consider that rude and it definitely brings bad vibes. Putting people on the defensive does nothing to facilitate a mature debate. However, since you seem to think there is nothing wrong with cutting people down, then game on if that’s how you want your forum run, regardless of how immature that may be.
**I only say that for emphasis to hopefully show that name calling, regardless of the severity, is “rude.” Apologize for the comment.
P.S. I did take some time off, but the absolute bull-crap stuff you post became too difficult to ignore. You post unfounded videos and pass them off as gospel when, in fact, they have zero substance and credibility and I feel it’s important that lurkers understand that if they want to have faith in your posts, that’s fine, they should be aware that yours is not the only side of the story…
ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 10 Dec 2010, 23:55

Scepcop: it's all well and good to post large swatches of text, but are you willing to enter into an actual discussion about them involving more than just calling me obtuse and obfuscating?
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 11 Dec 2010, 21:55

Winston - Prof Wag does have a very valid point. As the Owner of a forum you set the tone for all the member's behavior and their conduct on that forum. Others will follow your lead and of course react in a similar style. This forum is built on your thoughts and words.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 11 Dec 2010, 23:48

NinjaPuppy wrote:Winston - Prof Wag does have a very valid point. As the Owner of a forum you set the tone for all the member's behavior and their conduct on that forum. Others will follow your lead and of course react in a similar style. This forum is built on your thoughts and words.

Thank Ninja. I really thought I was beginning to think I had lost touch with reality.
ProfWag

Postby really? » 12 Dec 2010, 00:09

ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:Winston - Prof Wag does have a very valid point. As the Owner of a forum you set the tone for all the member's behavior and their conduct on that forum. Others will follow your lead and of course react in a similar style. This forum is built on your thoughts and words.

Thank Ninja. I really thought I was beginning to think I had lost touch with reality.

Reply to the bold. Unlikely ;)
really?

Postby Arouet » 13 Dec 2010, 10:37

Hey Scepcop! So will you agree to actually discuss a chapter from Sloan's book with me?
Arouet

Postby derrida » 15 Dec 2010, 23:29

BUMP!

scescop.. i dont get how you sell a book about discussions with skeptics
if your only ¨strategy¨ is to run away in every thread you start and then start a new one
derrida

Postby Scepcop » 04 Jan 2011, 00:52

Checkthis out. Darryl Sloan now admits that one of his prior telekinesis videos was not paranormal after all. Only a true honest skeptic would do that.

Also check out this new deep dissertation by him about "oneness". It's really deep.

“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 04 Jan 2011, 01:12

ProfWag wrote:
Scepcop wrote:ProfWag, you are nuts. Calling someone a child or telling them to grow up does not constitute libel or slander. Dude you are playing games and not serious.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you that making fun of someone handicapped is the same as calling someone a child. If your feelings are that fragile, you should not be participating on forums. If you don't like that, then feel free to go to the http://forums.mind-energy.net forums instead of here.

I thought you said you were taking time out of the forums and focusing on more personal things in your life? Why are you back?

Once again, I DID NOT SAY THAT THEY WERE THE SAME SCEPCOP!!! Geezus H Krist! Freakin' think outside your own little world for once, would you? What are you, an 8-year old child?! **
Look Scepcop, you are the Administrator and you have every right to set whatever rules you want. Your own post, however, said that what you say to people can “make him (them) feel bad. It is rude and brings bad vibes here too. And it’s unnecessary and uncalled for.” So, perhaps you can clarify, was your post only directed towards Craig ONLY or do you wish your entire forum to abide by those comments and not be rude and/or bring bad vibes? I can assure you that when I get told I’m childish, I consider that rude and it definitely brings bad vibes. Putting people on the defensive does nothing to facilitate a mature debate. However, since you seem to think there is nothing wrong with cutting people down, then game on if that’s how you want your forum run, regardless of how immature that may be.
**I only say that for emphasis to hopefully show that name calling, regardless of the severity, is “rude.” Apologize for the comment.
P.S. I did take some time off, but the absolute bull-crap stuff you post became too difficult to ignore. You post unfounded videos and pass them off as gospel when, in fact, they have zero substance and credibility and I feel it’s important that lurkers understand that if they want to have faith in your posts, that’s fine, they should be aware that yours is not the only side of the story…

This is an unnecessary discussion. On every forum, there is some debate, and during these debates, posters will call each other "childish" or other terms that are standard practice. Look at the ATS or David Icke forum. People call each other such things too when they disagree. But making fun of someone who is handicapped is just cruel and "over the line" as some of you said. What is hard to understand about that?

If you want, you can call me "childish" too. So what? I'm used to stuff like that. I get called childish by friends sometimes too. It's no big deal.

I am already very tolerant here, more tolerant than most. So you have little to complain about. I don't mean to use any double standards, but nobody is perfect. And if I don't see a legitimate complaint, then I don't bother as I do not run around in circles with people. Time is too precious for that.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 04 Jan 2011, 01:18

derrida wrote:scescop.. shermer´s message is a carbon copy of randi´s...
when someone asks him.. ¨why should we believe you?¨.. his response is always ¨you shouldnt¨

he tells you to think for youself.. that´s the whole point of skepticism which you dont seem to get
darryl sloan is just a charismatic guy with nothing but a vivid imagination
no wonder why he charms you.

the worst thing about it
is that his fix is the moon landing.. i just dont get it
you understand how many people should have to be involved in that to pull it off?
we are talking about major numbers!
we know americans are inept about keeping secrets... why do you think they could pull that off?

You are getting Darryl Sloan and Jarrah White mixed up. lol Jarrah White is the moon hoax guy, not Darryl Sloan. But I'll bet you haven't listened to either one.

Shermer doesn't tell you to think for yourself. He tells you to listen to science, and that science supports the official version of everything. Thus, science is just a cloak word for "authority and the official version of reality". It's a tricky form of brainwashing that he uses. He is no freethinker. Darryl Sloan is. Sloan's motto is "question everything" which is what a true skeptic does. Shermer doesn't say that. He says that science has all the answers, and that science supports the official version of reality.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 04 Jan 2011, 01:43

Arouet wrote:You've said you'd wipe the floor with Shermer - what would you do, call him dumb and closed minded, then refuse to discuss anything further? That's what I've seen from you.

I'm willing to look through Sloan's book and discuss it, but I need to know that I'm not wasting my time and that you will agree to discuss it with me. I'll be honest and say that I won't read the whole thing, but I'll read the intro chapters that you say set the stage, and then we can pick a latter chapter to go into more detail.

I'm open to being shown that I'm dumb. But you can't just declare you. You need to demonstrate it!

No I'd point out his fallacies and flaws and point out some data/evidence/examples that doesn't fit into his claims. I'd also point out to him that no belief system is complete, cause there is always data that does NOT fit into it. This goes for Atheism too. Simple as that. Stop obfuscating things.

Dude, stop pretending to be a true honest skeptic looking for answers. I know your mind game. You pretend to be one thing, but act the opposite. I know the pattern by now.

When you say you want to "discuss" something, it means you are going to try to prove your hypothesis, that everything outside the box is BS and that only the official version of reality is true and complete. You will always come to the same core conclusions.

I already sent you the book. Pick a chapter you want to "discuss". Then we'll see how open you are.

Darryl is a real skeptic. He questions everything. Shermer doesn't. He never questions the official version of things. None of you have shown any articles where he has. That says a lot. You guys are playing mind control games. That was obvious long ago. You will spin things your way over and over again ad infinitum. That's what you're programmed to do I guess.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Craig Browning » 04 Jan 2011, 02:14

Ok, Shermer is a pure ass-hole from the get go, followed close by Nichol; neither of whom get along very well with a great number of Skeptical Society members (I know of at least one that that will refuse to sit anywhere near either of them during the conventions they work. . . and we're looking as zealot spirits here.)

This Sloan dude is likewise full of stuff; he's a freak'n magician and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING MORE. He confessed to one because he got caught, it's that simple. He'll be outed quickly in today's environment and probably by the very people he bought the videos and/or books from that taught him how to stage some of his "stunts" -- the dude is a JOKE and I pray (no, really I do) that our dear host grows a brain-stem soon, so he stops buying into what is obvious bunk.

Sorry Scepcop, but you're really jumping off the deep end with this (and many) of the things you keep bringing to the table with ardent belief. For someone that claims to be a "skeptic" and studied on the various tactics used by would-be cult leaders, gurus, and "experts" your actions seem to support the contrary... especially in a case like Sloan who is so obviously a wannabe Mentalist trying to exploit an angle that he's not talented enough to capture; especially in a time when so many magic hobbyists are doing the same exact things he's doing (probably after learning them from the very same books/videos he has studied) and the hobbyists give it away as Street Magic or something they do at parties, restaurants, etc. in order to pull in a bit of pocket cash.

Sloan lives in a fantasy world himself, pooping out really bad Science-Fiction/Fantasy type novels in eBook form (probably because no real/established publisher would touch his stuff). The dude is a nut job driven by his ego. I'd bet that he's the typical spoilt child of an upper-middle-classed household... quite probably a broken home in which he ended up with mommy or else a father that worked so much that he wasn't available to him when he needed the "male influence" in his life... like the occasional back-hand when he was being stupid :roll:

Now days it's super easy to create the illusion of being "someone" and "something" you aren't. It's easy to get a following of folks that echo your philosophic views and claims because you can reach out to the world for next to no cost whatsoever; the Internet gives everyone a stage upon which to stand and deliver our pitch. So please, don't try defending this court jester, even from a metaphysical perspective he's an idiot.
Craig Browning

Postby Arouet » 04 Jan 2011, 03:12

Scepcop wrote: Shermer doesn't say that. He says that science has all the answers, and that science supports the official version of reality.

Please find me one quote where Shermer even hints that science has "all the answers". Have you even read anything by Shermer?

What do we do when different scientists come up with conflicting results? How is it even possible when both sides are supporting the "official position"?
Arouet

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - A True Skeptic!

Postby Scepcop » 27 Nov 2011, 13:49

Here is a 7 day telekinesis test for Skeptics, by Darryl Sloan. Near the end, he mocks the pseudoskeptics eloquently. lol

Scepcop
Site Admin

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - A True Skeptic!

Postby Craig Browning » 28 Nov 2011, 01:30

I simply couldn't take watching the whole thing, especially the after seeing his "psi wheel" which is a very primitive bit of business that was exposed decades ago, it's even demonstrated in Jr. High Science Classes (or was, when I was a kid) and as I stated before, there are version to that specific thing that have been on the market now for well over a decade, my old friend Ted Lesley marketed just such a piece that is quite mind blowing.

I've seen and found NOTHING about this guy that comes close to validity; even members of the psychic community are viewing him as a hack.
Craig Browning

PreviousNext

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy