View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - A True Skeptic!

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: Authentic Telekinesis by Darryl Sloan - The Truest Skept

Postby Craig Browning » 05 Dec 2010, 05:36

You can order it here http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/t ... al-pro-new

I can keep listing dozens of TRICKS anyone can purchase (given knowledge as to where and whom to get them from... not all magic shops are created equal), with most of them running between $50.00 to about $500.00 (with a handful hitting the low "thousands" in price). The point being, 98.5% of the PK phenomena you see people demonstrate is either a deliberate trick or explainable scientific method... even something this impossible, is still a trick (very well executed, I might add).

WARNING The set-up is a bit long; seems our psychic was being challenged by some local skeptics and had to jump through a ton of hoops in order to convince them that he wasn't using trickery... :twisted:

Craig Browning

Postby ProfWag » 05 Dec 2010, 07:31

Yo Winston, how much is this guy paying you to promote his book? I did a search on Darryl Sloan and here are just a few links from the first 2 pages: (For those of you who don't know, WWu777 is Winston's ID on other boards)

http://davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146988
http://www.ukskeptics.com/forum/showthr ... -real-deal)
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread636081/pg1
And last, but certainly not least, click on this one and scroll down just a bit to the first paragraph in blue:
http://stolenkids-hollie.blogspot.com/2 ... cy-of.html
Bonus link on youtube, here's Darryl Sloan doing a card trick. Yea, I trust his TK... (sarcasm intentional)

ProfWag

Postby derrida » 05 Dec 2010, 09:16

his best line is this one

Have you guys heard of Darryl Sloan? He's one of the most philosophical and intelligent critical thinkers I've ever seen, and one of the few people I watch on YouTube. If you listen to him, you'll see why he's worth listening to.

i guess it all depends on the definition of few
derrida

Postby Arouet » 05 Dec 2010, 09:24

lol. Sloan vs Icke: battle of the giants. I keep forgetting to lurk on Icke's site- it's endlessly entertaining.
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 05 Dec 2010, 09:55

Arouet wrote:lol. Sloan vs Icke: battle of the giants. I keep forgetting to lurk on Icke's site- it's endlessly entertaining.

I guess, in all honesty, just like my personality is such that I see things pretty much black and white, it's in other's personalities to live their life in the "what if."
Remember when you were in school and you leaned back in your chair and then right before it tips over backward, you get a feeling in your stomach immediately before reaching out for the desk to pull you back up? That's the way I would feel all the time if I had to live my life in the "what if." (if that makes any sense whatsoever...)
ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 05 Dec 2010, 10:07

Not sure I follow- were you responding to my post?
Arouet

Postby ProfWag » 05 Dec 2010, 22:52

Arouet wrote:Not sure I follow- were you responding to my post?

Kinda. The Icke's, Alex Jones', and Scepcop's of the world like to spread rumor's (IMO) or in other words "what if." I was just saying that I can't live like that and it actually affects me negatively when I go on those kinds of sites and see people talking about half-truths and using their imagination.
ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 05 Dec 2010, 23:15

Oh, I get it. Yeah, I do only take it in small doses. Too depressing. I really shouldn't take humour in the paranoid ramblings of the delusional, but I do get chuckles - then I feel bad about it!
Arouet

Postby Scepcop » 06 Dec 2010, 10:18

caniswalensis wrote:Assuming for the sake of discussion that Darryl is presenting a true account of the events as he sees them and is not indulging in trickery of any kind, his videos still do not prove telekinesis.

One problem with Darryl's logic in all this is that he states explicitly that he does not understand how this works or what might be causing the wheel to move. This is a large problem, since that means he is making an assumption that he is causing the wheel to turn with telekinesis.

He himself says that he can't do this every time and has a spotty record of success. It could be there is something about the wheel that makes it move periodically that has nothing to do with Darryl's attentions or telekinesis in general. Perhaps his sucesses are more along the line of coincidences.

That is not good skepticism. He should be doing experiments to try to falsify his telekinesesis theory. He has no idea if he is deluding himself or not.

He is well spoken and makes enjoyable videos, but that is not enough.

Regards, Canis

True but the point is that this "unknown force" is not something mundane like air or static electricity. That is the point. Whatever it is, it's not something that skeptics can pinpoint or put into their reductionist world view that our knowledge of physics is the only reality there is.

Coincidence is very unlikely to explain it.

Bottom line is we don't know and only closed minded skeptics would try to "force" a mundane explanation or posit a false one just to debunk it.
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 06 Dec 2010, 10:27

ProfWag wrote:
Arouet wrote:lol. Sloan vs Icke: battle of the giants. I keep forgetting to lurk on Icke's site- it's endlessly entertaining.

I guess, in all honesty, just like my personality is such that I see things pretty much black and white, it's in other's personalities to live their life in the "what if."
Remember when you were in school and you leaned back in your chair and then right before it tips over backward, you get a feeling in your stomach immediately before reaching out for the desk to pull you back up? That's the way I would feel all the time if I had to live my life in the "what if." (if that makes any sense whatsoever...)

So I was right then. You folks do not like mystery, uncertainty, and the world of possibilities. Thus you are trapped in a closed limited mindset of fear and rigidity. Maybe that makes you feel safe. But it is not the path to truth or knowledge.

Here is an important quote from Darryl Sloan:

"The most productive mindset you can have is simply this: always, always, always have a belief system that doesn’t resist change. Go wherever the information leads you, without fear, because surely the truth is never something to dread." - Darryl Sloan, author of Reality Check
“Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.” - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 06 Dec 2010, 10:38

I'd be willing to be that I've read more para psychological papers than you have Scepcop. I'm currently reading Dean Radin's book. I'm looking into the evidence for psi. Granted its mostly not on youtube so you probably haven't come across it.

Also I don't obfuscate, I'm trying to have dialogue.
Arouet

Postby Scepcop » 06 Dec 2010, 10:39

ProfWag wrote:Yo Winston, how much is this guy paying you to promote his book? I did a search on Darryl Sloan and here are just a few links from the first 2 pages: (For those of you who don't know, WWu777 is Winston's ID on other boards)

Uh nothing. If you had bothered to follow the link to Darryl's book, you'd know that you can download it for FREE! And if you get it in paperback, he is selling it at virtually cost price, so is making nothing from it.

I'm recommending it because it is the epitome of true skepticism. Download it and see for yourself. Did you listen to his readings I posted? He is one of the very few who preaches nothing and tells you to question everything. Everyone else asks you to believe a set of rigid fixed beliefs. That is TRUE skepticism. The Randis and Shermers definitely DO NOT fit that at all.

If it wasn't a must read, I would not be promoting it.

Instead of ridiculing, why don't you try to learn from it?
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Scepcop » 06 Dec 2010, 10:41

Arouet wrote:I'd be willing to be that I've read more para psychological papers than you have Scepcop. I'm currently reading Dean Radin's book. I'm looking into the evidence for psi. Granted its mostly not on youtube so you probably haven't come across it.

Also I don't obfuscate, I'm trying to have dialogue.

Radin has many videos on youtube too. Dude, books take time. I prefer quick summaries. They are a more efficient use of my time. Sorry if you don't like that.

If you really have read all those papers and books you claim, then you would NOT be yelling "there is no evidence!" all the time like a religious fanatic with a fixed belief system.
Scepcop
Site Admin

Postby Arouet » 06 Dec 2010, 10:47

Please find one post of mine suggesting there is no evidence for psi.
Arouet

Postby Arouet » 06 Dec 2010, 11:05

Tell you what, Scepcop, let's do this. While I won't read the entire book, you pick the chapter in Sloan's book that you find the most convincing - make it one about something psi related not religion - and you and I (and anyone else who wants to) will analyse it - page by page. What do you say? I won't do it unless you join me.
Arouet

PreviousNext

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy