View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Prove to me ESP exists

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Prove to me ESP exists

Postby BurdenofProof » 13 Jul 2010, 21:12

BurdenofProof
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 13 Jul 2010, 21:10






Re: Prove to me ESP exists

Postby NinjaPuppy » 13 Jul 2010, 21:39

BurdenofProof wrote:It doesn't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proofis on you all.

Says you.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Prove to me ESP exists

Postby ProfWag » 14 Jul 2010, 05:18

BurdenofProof wrote:It doesn't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proofis on you all.

Prove to me ESP doesn't exist. Since wikipedia isn't a good reference source for, well, much of anything, then according to
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictiona ... n+of+proof ...awe hell, nevermind.
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Prove to me ESP exists

Postby NinjaPuppy » 14 Jul 2010, 05:58

Good one Wag!

Without proof for or against, it's ALL merely speculation or personal opinion.
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Prove to me ESP exists

Postby Craig Browning » 14 Jul 2010, 21:46

NinjaPuppy wrote:Good one Wag!

Without proof for or against, it's ALL merely speculation or personal opinion.


AMEN!
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Prove to me ESP exists

Postby ProfWag » 14 Jul 2010, 22:16

Craig Browning wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:Good one Wag!

Without proof for or against, it's ALL merely speculation or personal opinion.


AMEN!

Do I hear the choir of angels singing that amen in the background? ;-)
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Prove to me ESP exists

Postby NinjaPuppy » 15 Jul 2010, 04:15

I'm no angel and I can't sing a note. :lol:
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Prove to me ESP exists

Postby Craig Browning » 15 Jul 2010, 04:17

I don't know about "Angels" but given all the doggie avatars maybe we could do one of those Christmas Season jingles :lol:
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Prove to me ESP exists

Postby NinjaPuppy » 15 Jul 2010, 04:23

This is better than barking dogs and more on topic-

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/extr ... eaper.html
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Re: Prove to me ESP exists

Postby Craig Browning » 15 Jul 2010, 20:31

Cool!

Animals, particularly dogs, are being used a good deal in the medical field these days when it comes to detecting disease or "imbalances" within the body, to warn people of an on-coming seizure or even heart attacks, etc. I do find it interesting how all these SCIENTISTS are doing such things while the JREF insists that animals can't make such predictions or warnings... especially when it comes to things like the weather, earth quakes, etc. Which offer far more pronounced chemical and energy shifts than a tumor inside someone's body would do... or the emissions noted in this video that bode of death. :roll:
User avatar
Craig Browning
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 05:20
Location: Northampton, MA

Re: Prove to me ESP exists

Postby _Ice_Ages_14_Aces_ » 04 Sep 2011, 07:37

BurdenofProof wrote:It doesn't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proofis on you all.


- Argument from ignorance at its finest.....

The lack of evidence for or against a proposition is not evidence for or against a proposition. Untill there is evidence for or against a proposition, then we can conclude the propostion is true/false (Depending on the evidence) otherwise, it's just pure prejudices....

Furthermore, the burden of proof always lies on person making a claim. If you claim X exist, the burden lies on you and if you claim X doesn't exist, the burden also lies on you.

It's simple logic.
User avatar
_Ice_Ages_14_Aces_
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 06:38

Re: Prove to me ESP exists

Postby craig weiler » 04 Sep 2011, 07:47

I did a blog post on this subject for this very reason. Most people aren't aware of the science.

http://weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com/evidence-for-psi/

Don't worry. It's not spam. I can't paste it into the forum because the charts get all screwed up and it has a bunch of links citing sources. (As a n00b I'm only allowed 2 links.)

This evidence is basically skeptic proof.
A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for.
User avatar
craig weiler
 
Posts: 386
Joined: 03 Sep 2011, 12:08
Location: San Francisco Peninsula

Re: Prove to me ESP exists

Postby Twain Shakespeare » 04 Sep 2011, 13:07

BurdenofProof wrote:It doesn't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proofis on you all.


Since I am not trying to get you to do anything on the grounds of an extrasensory perception, there is no reason for me to provide a burden of Proof, unlike Ronald Reagan, whose astrologer helped direct national policy.
Which is good, because I doubt I have any more expereimental proof than you do. I just interpret it differently. One thing I "know" tho, is our minds confirm our conceptions of what is more than they notice contrary facts.
By your own standards, amigo, if I presented you with evidence, you would have the burden of proving the evidence invalid placed on you. However, if you succeded in proving one faith healer is a fraud, it would not be a universal falsification of "faith healing".
I believe "esp exists" on the basis of personal experiences and "anecdote" that can only be falsified on the basis of further personal experiences. These experiences are not remotely replicable, nor is life, in general. I do not present my belief to you as proof, only anecdotal evidence that one more fool has deluded himself, as St David Hume would put it.
You have asserted ESP does not exist. Prove that universally, please.
"What's so Funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?"
User avatar
Twain Shakespeare
 
Posts: 375
Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 05:19
Location: El Paso Del Norte on the sunny Jornada del Muerta

Re: Prove to me ESP exists

Postby ProfWag » 04 Sep 2011, 19:39

craig weiler wrote:I did a blog post on this subject for this very reason. Most people aren't aware of the science.


Hi Craig, and welcome. I cannot speak for other people, but personally I am aware jof much of the science. I also know that the National Academy of Science (THE leading organization in the U.S. for science) concluded over 20 years ago that no further research was needed in parapsychology. Although I don't necessarily follow that idea as I think research should always be conducted, it does tell me that they don't believe the evidence warrants anything conclusive. I also know, and those that believe in the paranormal seem to forget, that if there is conclusive evidence of anything paranormal, it would not longer be considered "para"normal, it would just be normal. So, regardless of the criticizm we skeptics receive, the bottom line is that parapsychology, et. al, is just that, "para."
User avatar
ProfWag
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: 05 Aug 2009, 03:54

Re: Prove to me ESP exists

Postby NinjaPuppy » 04 Sep 2011, 19:41

Twain Shakespeare wrote:You have asserted ESP does not exist. Prove that universally, please.

Since it's a holiday weekend here in the US, I'll save everyone the time and cut and paste 'the usual':
"You can't prove a negative."
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 4002
Joined: 28 Jul 2009, 20:44

Next

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests