View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Just like DAZ..meet Bronnikov the X-ray guy

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Re: Just like DAZ..meet Bronnikov the X-ray guy

Postby really? » 22 May 2010, 20:11

NinjaPuppy wrote:I came here to see what other people have to offer on the topics as well as to see for myself how Winston's claims against skeptics hold up in a real life situation. I'd say that Winston is pretty much on the money with his claims from what I'm seeing here. Daz has offered his experiences in a subject and he has been treated like some traveling circus side show rather than allowed to even offer his experience without constant need for defending himself.

Who is Winston ? Would you paraphrase their claims against skeptics ?

I'd like to point out not all skeptics are as good as they could be in arguing a counter point. That, however does not nor should not call into question the argumentative logic that skepticism presents.

As for Daz all they offer are subjective interpretations. He's unwilling to consider he's misinterpreting. He's unwilling to recognize he's trying to prove something he's certain is real, *rather than trying to falsify RV. He's unwilling to recognize in himself cognitive bias, confirmation bias, poor methodology... And most importantly he's very unwilling to believe he just might be flat out wrong.

Here's an example of someone like Daz that is certain their idea is true yet refuses to acknowledge even when specifically shown where he is and why he is wrong and refuses to acknowledge he is because he has so much emotional energy invested in his idea, just like Daz.
Dark Energy, - only an illusion. http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=169251

* If Daz were to make every attempt to falsify RV and could not that is the correct way to prove some hypothesis is likely true.
really?

Postby ciscop » 22 May 2010, 20:39

winston wu is the creator of this site, google him, youll have a fun half hour with the information you will find,
by the way (and it isnt related too)
have you ever had a friend that is always talking about his experiences with hookers?.. "and i swear.. the hooker gave the money back" ... well...

i am sorry NP is getting mad
could it be that she knows she is backing the wrong horse?
lets remember
Daz is a guy that ran away from a challenge and keeps posting a posteriori info about his experiments, which is kind of boring

i dont know why she is getting mad, when a skeptics points out the scam that is going on
daz just want us to have faith on his "tests" and believers are willing to give him that faith
i am sorry i do like to think.. so i cant do that
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby really? » 22 May 2010, 20:55

ciscop wrote:winston wu is the creator of this site, google him, youll have a fun half hour with the information you will find,
by the way (and it isnt related too)
have you ever had a friend that is always talking about his experiences with hookers?.. "and i swear.. the hooker gave the money back" ... well...

i am sorry NP is getting mad
could it be that she knows she is backing the wrong horse?
lets remember
Daz is a guy that ran away from a challenge and keeps posting a posteriori info about his experiments, which is kind of boring

i dont know why she is getting mad, when a skeptics points out the scam that is going on
daz just want us to have faith on his "tests" and believers are willing to give him that faith
i am sorry i do like to think.. so i cant do that

Yes, I recall now whom Wu is.

I don't know why either. Perhaps she is getting angry for the same reasons other do. That being skeptics make every attempt to demystify the world or to point out the
' emperor is wearing no cloths'
is
unlikely to be wearing cloths today
and will
probably not ever wear clothing

Leaving the only thing left a life full of pointless banality in their eyes.
really?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 22 May 2010, 22:53

really? wrote:Who is Winston ? Would you paraphrase their claims against skeptics?

Well perhaps 'Winston' can add another paragraph to his Treatise that mentions how some skeptics will argue topics on the Internet without doing much backreading to a Forum? :lol:

really? wrote:I'd like to point out not all skeptics are as good as they could be in arguing a counter point. That, however does not nor should not call into question the argumentative logic that skepticism presents.

I love argumentative logic. I never said that I didn't. But I have stated many times that I don't approve of skeptics harassing a member on multiple topics and/or creating topic upon topic to continue the harassment. It becomes difficult to follow the flow of actual information and intelligent rebuttal when it's spread over multiple topics. Allow me to quote my exact comment from a few posts back:

NinjaPuppy wrote:I can understand much of the skpetic rebuttal as I'm sure I may have asked many of the exact same questions if given the opportunity. I am certainly not objecting to good rebuttal. Some skeptics are better than others with their commentary or more concise when posing a question. It does become almost impossible to follow a topic when multiple threads get started or a member follows around another member tacking nasty comments about one topic into another. That borders on a personal attack and not good conversation.

So now what part of my bolded comment did you not understand when you posted your comment?
really? wrote:I'd like to point out not all skeptics are as good as they could be in arguing a counter point.

Arguing a counter point GOOD. Ciscop starting topics so that he can harass Daz about RV - NOT GOOD. I see very little commentary about Bronnikov in this topic. Like 'magic' it became a way to once again harass Daz.
NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 23 May 2010, 01:04

I never told anything else
it is on the title... Just like DAZ..
i am comparing a guy that chicken out to another guy that appeared on tv and chicken out too

i created this thread specifically to exhibit the way believers work
they claim extraordinary stuff but when presented with the opportunity they will chicken out
thats what bronnikov did
thats what daz keeps doing

why?
any kindergarden kid will tell you:
none of them have supernatural nor paranormal ability (or whatever NP thinks it is)

so NP, please lets stay on topic and talk about daz not taking the challenge and why
that way we could see how much related he is to bronnikov (or unrelated if that´s so).

and please.. there is no reason to get mad about this silly stuff
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby really? » 23 May 2010, 02:37

NinjaPuppy wrote:
really? wrote:Who is Winston ? Would you paraphrase their claims against skeptics?

Well perhaps 'Winston' can add another paragraph to his Treatise that mentions how some skeptics will argue topics on the Internet without doing much backreading to a Forum? :lol:

So the corollary is Wu agrees that skepticism and it's argumentative strategies is valid, but not how those strategies are sometimes implemented. Is that what you are saying ?
really?

Postby NinjaPuppy » 23 May 2010, 04:44

No. Not at all.
NinjaPuppy

Postby really? » 23 May 2010, 06:56

NinjaPuppy wrote:No. Not at all.

Then what are you saying ?
Last edited by really? on 23 May 2010, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
really?

Postby ciscop » 23 May 2010, 17:15

really? wrote:

dont waste your time
she is too busy emptying up this forum

i would like to stay on topic
and remind everybody that daz wont take a test
and want us all to just accept his links as real
so do you think if he was for real he could do it or not? i think he should do it
bronnikov acted cowardly, i dont think anybody that belive his skills are real should act that way
ciscop

Postby really? » 23 May 2010, 21:01

ciscop wrote:
really? wrote:

dont waste your time
she is too busy emptying up this forum

i would like to stay on topic
and remind everybody that daz wont take a test
and want us all to just accept his links as real
so do you think if he was for real he could do it or not? i think he should do it
bronnikov acted cowardly, i dont think anybody that belive his skills are real should act that way

Hopefully she'll belly up to the bar
really?

Postby ciscop » 25 May 2010, 10:54

well i guess she didnt

so.. daz,
where are you
still busy posting links of your cherry picking?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: how s that going?
ciscop

Postby NinjaPuppy » 28 May 2010, 20:05

ciscop wrote:well i guess she didnt

I've been too busy to do much more than delete the 'Boobquake' topics and skim most of the 'witty banter' here. Sorry to disappoint you ciscop.
NinjaPuppy

Postby really? » 28 May 2010, 22:39

NinjaPuppy wrote:
ciscop wrote:well i guess she didnt

I've been too busy to do much more than delete the 'Boobquake' topics and skim most of the 'witty banter' here. Sorry to disappoint you ciscop.

If you just leave the boobquake post there maybe he'll just stop.
If this is not what you are saying

So the corollary is Wu agrees that skepticism and it's argumentative strategies is valid, but not how those strategies are sometimes implemented. Is that what you are saying ?

Now that you seem to have some time could you answer the question ?
really?

Previous

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy