[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Telekinesis: Just like riding a bicycle :) : Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Telekinesis: Just like riding a bicycle :)

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Telekinesis: Just like riding a bicycle :)

Postby NucleicAcid » 02 Apr 2010, 06:26

So, I've decided, since I am doing a project on telekinesis, and I'm toting myself as a parapsychologist-psychic gap-bridger, I might as well start getting back into shape. I've been really starting to doubt the existence of this all; I've been spending too much time on skeptical sites, it's just bad for morale.

So I dragged out the ol' psiwheel - 2 inch, made of paper, relatively robust against stray air currents (I've been doing this for a decade, I know how these things behave, I could write a book on them) - made sure the windows were closed and the AC wasn't on, and had at it. I had a few jumps and starts for a bit, which were exciting, I checked to make sure the air wasn't on (I have little tissue paper windsocks that I use to check against air currents), and smiled to myself. I guess there is something to this after all.

Putted around with it for a while, it wasn't moving all that much (these things are not as susceptible to gusts as one might think, depending on how you make it), and for a while was refusing to budge at all. Then, I remembered this one time when I was practicing back in high school, and it was just veering back and forth wildly (it was one of my more impressive sessions), and I just captured that feeling of what was going in that moment, and in that exact second it took off, rotated 90 degrees, and sort of floated back into place. Ah yes. I still have almost all of my procedural memory of doing this. It's a little rusty, but nothing that practice won't fix. Rewarded myself with some orange juice. I don't know if it helps at all or not, but it's just a psipog thing, and it stuck, and it's just what I do all the time now.

I used to be able to make these things my b!tch - I'd take two of them, freeze one and spin the other, make that one stop and make the other one spin, spin em both clockwise, both counterclockwise, all sorts of neat stuff.

I still have no clue how it works in the physical world....I just put that aside and do it. It just does. My short term goal is just to get proficient at the psiwheel again. I've tried to 'graduate' to the pen many times in the past, never could do it, I think because I just had too much internal doubt, and recently I've tried to move too fast I think and skip to the impressive stuff, and didn't really get much at all. I think if I take it slow, and set easy goals (today's was just make it move a bit), I won't get discouraged as easily. So I'm just going to keep chugging, just to keep hope alive that this stuff does exist. Otherwise my brain will just dismantle it X_X.
Hey, you there. Yes, you.

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
NucleicAcid

Re: Telekinesis: Just like riding a bicycle :)

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Apr 2010, 07:00

VERY COOL!
NinjaPuppy

Postby ciscop » 02 Apr 2010, 07:16

hahahaha graduating to the pen??

i know a bunch of ways to do it
you could either do it the james hydrick way
or you can get Banachek's PK pen or variations on it

thats the easy way of doing it
:lol:
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NucleicAcid » 02 Apr 2010, 08:00

I actually really like KipKay's pen.

:-P

Sure it's easy. But I like a challenge. XD

If what I say sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown (Wah wahh woohh wuh waah), then you should try college. It's fun, and only costs you your soul and several tens of thousands of dollars. :)

“I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven“ - Richard Wiseman

Let's make directional hypotheses, test them repeatedly, replicate experiments, and publish results! Yay, science!
NucleicAcid

Postby ciscop » 02 Apr 2010, 08:35

ooh man
and thats for free on youtube???
damn!!

thats pretty clever
seems pretty cool
the good thing about the banachek pen is that you dont even need to be close for it to move

the nathan kranzo pk pen also is pretty great for that kind of effects
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby NucleicAcid » 02 Apr 2010, 11:47

I'll have to look into those. I have no patience with invisible thread. It keeps snapping when I put any tension on it ;_;

NucleicAcid

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy