View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Psychics were employed in NJ cold case

Discussions about Psychics and Psychic Phenomena, Extra Sensory Perception, Telepathy, Psi, Clairvoyancy, 6th Sense, Psychokinesis, etc.

Psychics were employed in NJ cold case

Postby Nostradamus » 23 Mar 2010, 23:14

From http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/03/police_announce_arrests_in_kil.html

Lee Evans was originally considered a suspect in the boys’ disappearance in 1978. But not long after the boys vanished, Evans, a local carpenter, passed at least one lie-detector test and had been eliminated as a suspect.

Detectives also reviewed lists of victims in a serial killing case in Atlanta and the mass suicides in Jonestown, Guyana. They even searched areas pinpointed by two psychics but came up empty.
Scimitars were not available - beware January 19, 2038 is upon us.
Nostradamus

Re: Psychics were employed in NJ cold case

Postby Nostradamus » 23 Mar 2010, 23:18

From http://blog.nj.com/ledgerarchives/1996/06/psychic_tours_newark_in_myster.html

Psychic tours Newark in mystery of missing teens

Climbing out of an unmarked police car into the muggy heat outside Newark’s Stella Wright Projects on Hunterdon Street yesterday, Florida psychic John Monti looked sweaty and tense.

“There are a lot of bodies here,” said Monti, making his way around the hardscrabble property.

From a dark, grimy basement, he issued a macabre pronouncement: “There was death here.”

Psychics have been used in the case before. As recently as a month ago, Nutley resident Dorothy Allison led police to a tick-infested lot near Newark International Airport.

That search, like others before it, yielded little. In yesterday’s search, the only thing Monti turned up was the body of a dead rabbit.

But police said they would follow some of Monti’s suggestions. He pointed out a couple of places around the city where he believed bodies were buried.

“We are exploring every avenue and trying to use whatever resources we have,” said Detective Daniel Collins. Monti, a psychic who specializes in missing persons cases, got involved in the Newark case last February when he was a guest on a radio show in New York City. The host, Kay Thompson, is a former city resident.

“I asked him about the missing teenagers and he was able to reveal extraordinary information,” Thompson said. “Retired cops and individuals who had worked on the case heard him and called up saying that there was no way he could have possibly known the facts he did.”
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 23 Mar 2010, 23:21

What's interesting is that I looked to find out if any of the predictions Monti made turned out to be correct and there was nothing in the paper. I think a hit would have been printed.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 24 Mar 2010, 05:55

Nostradamus wrote:What's interesting is that I looked to find out if any of the predictions Monti made turned out to be correct and there was nothing in the paper. I think a hit would have been printed.

I'm shocked that it evens mentions a psychic at all. As far as putting 'hits' in print, the police always holds back important information about this sort of thing. If there was a 'hit' it may have been on a particular piece of information that the police wanted kept out of the newspaper. But I'm just speculating here.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 24 Mar 2010, 10:47

Weird huh? The guy shows up. A reporter apparently follows the guy. The reporter suggests that there will be a follow up. Criminy sakes. The reporter turns out to be a normal employee and goes off on another task the boss sets out and never reports on the issue we are interested in. It's enough to make a person think this is a typical world we have to live in. Gets my goat. Bleee. There, I said it.
Nostradamus

Postby NinjaPuppy » 24 Mar 2010, 21:27

Unfortunately, it is the typical world we live in. If it doesn't sell newspapers or advertising space, it's not newsworthy. Some advertisers pull their accounts because of paranormal interest articles. It goes right back to the religion influence thing. At least from my opinion it does.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Nostradamus » 25 Mar 2010, 01:42

I haven't thought about the money angle of it. I can certainly see advertisers as having a strong influence on the media. Boycotts can certainly work.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 25 Mar 2010, 09:39

From http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/two-in-court-over-30yearold-killings-1927003.html

According to one early theory, they might even have been among the 918 who died in the Jonestown mass suicide in Guyana three months later, but that proved a false lead. In 1986 and 1996, investigators called in psychics, who both times suggested the bodies were in garbage dumps near Newark International Airport. But searches turned up nothing. Some were convinced that handyman Lee Evans, aged 25, might be involved in the disappearance, but he passed lie detector tests.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 26 Mar 2010, 02:49

From http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2011421479_burnedalive24.html?syndication=rss

It's kind of fun looking for these little wisps of information.

With no clues or leads, the case quickly cooled. In 1996, a psychic visited a park in Newark and spoke of visions of teeth under the earth. Detectives dug, finding nothing.

More recently, two years ago, investigators visited relatives of at least one of the boys and obtained DNA swabs in the grim hope of finding a match in some morgue somewhere. Again, nothing.

The brick home where the boys allegedly met their fiery deaths was scoured.

"They were looking for bodies. But they found none," said Mattie Williams, who lives there now.
Nostradamus

Postby Nostradamus » 26 Mar 2010, 02:51

From http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/03/investigation_newark_teens_timeline.html

1986: The case is reopened when an Irvington psychic believes the bodies could be found at a garbage site south of Newark International Airport. Police dig, but nothing is found.

May 14, 1996: After another tip from a psychic, police search a 5-acre site north of Newark International Airport. Again, no bodies are found.
Nostradamus

Return to Psychic Phenomena / ESP / Telepathy