View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Don Lane tells James Randi off (funny)

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Don Lane tells James Randi off (funny)

Postby Craig Browning » 13 Feb 2010, 05:46

ProfWag wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:Bad link.

"The Webpage...blah, blah, not found".

Maybe this one?
http://www.users.on.net/~skeptic/skepti ... i_1988.mp3

But Randi and his ill-legit sons Penn & Teller said more or less the same thing about Mother Teressa... she was a crook & a charlatan as well :roll:

Sorry, but Randi can spin things so well I'd swear his real name is Rumpelstiltskin
Craig Browning

Postby ciscop » 13 Feb 2010, 06:56

mother theresa was an evil person

sorry
but collecting millions of dollars for the vatican
AND NOT using that money for the suffering people in her shelter in INDIA
is evil

she was a evil christian
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Craig Browning » 14 Feb 2010, 00:31

ciscop wrote:mother theresa was an evil person

sorry
but collecting millions of dollars for the vatican
AND NOT using that money for the suffering people in her shelter in INDIA
is evil

she was a evil christian

I know what you're saying... I also love your redundant point in the close about "evil christians"... in my life I've known little other :?

In the case of Teresa however, I don't think she's the primary culprit. Rather, the peanut counters at the Vatican is where the real blame needs be placed just as I'd place it on the accounting department of the Southern Baptist Convention the PTL, etc. When accountants get involved with the cash the idea of compassion and fulfilling one's "mission" goes right out the window. In her case their "out" was the fact that her whole ministry centered on the claim of poverty which gave them all the excuse they needed for stealing millions... but hey, we're talking about the Vatican... how many billions of dollars of art, religious artifacts, temple treasures, etc. has it usurped over the past 1700 or so years of its official existence?

Maybe you can see now why I chuckled at your closing line :roll:
Craig Browning

Postby ciscop » 14 Feb 2010, 00:40

:lol:
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Previous

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge