View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

highflyertoo Vs Skeptic Establishments January 2010

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

highflyertoo Vs Skeptic Establishments January 2010

Postby highflyertoo » 21 Oct 2009, 11:14

I have decided to write a letter to apply for the JREF One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge.

The arrangements I have requested are to do the tests in Perth through the Western Australian branch of Aussie Skeptic Society ( Dr John Happs) via video link to JREF in early January 2010.

The claim is ''moving objects with telepathic powers''.
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 09:57






Re: highflyertoo Vs Skeptic Establishments January 2010

Postby Frank Lee » 21 Oct 2009, 11:34

Can you meet all the application requirements? If not, your letter will likely be ignored. I'm sure we'd all be interested in seeing the media presence you intend to cite as well as the identity of the academic who has witnessed your powers in action.

Frank Lee
Frank Lee
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 01:23

Re: highflyertoo Vs Skeptic Establishments January 2010

Postby ciscop » 21 Oct 2009, 13:40

AWESOME
take their money!!

im glad that you decided to apply on your telephatic powers and not with your prophetic powers
since it has been established that NONE of your prophecies has been fullfilled since you are not the messiah.

if you need any help on how to apply there's a bunch of people that will help you
for instance, like it already been stated.
1. you need to have media presence
2. who else has witness your powers and will back you up?

go ahead highflyer
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: highflyertoo Vs Skeptic Establishments January 2010

Postby brett » 21 Oct 2009, 13:42

well good luck with that HF2 - ,no seriously i would like to see someone take the 1mill from jref , then we can all move on to something else

in the mean time , hows about you make us a little video of you actually moving stuff without any form of trickery and post it on this forum for our perusal ??
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
User avatar
brett
 
Posts: 436
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 22:23
Location: Plymouth UK

Re: highflyertoo Vs Skeptic Establishments January 2010

Postby ciscop » 22 Oct 2009, 09:35

yes!
go ahead hf2 and make a video for all of us here
amaze us with your awesome powers

we wanna see the stuff moving all right?
no camera edits, no threads, no helpers

try it out!

i am always behind somebody taking their million
it would be the most awesome thing ever! to prove there´s actually something out there.. i will love it !
good luck with that highflyer..

but i am going to use my Psychic Powers.. (all right.. intuition)
to predict, Highflyer will never go ahead and try to find media presence, he wont find somebody that will back up his claim, he wont send a notarized letter to jref and instead he is going to complain that the contest is rigged and he cant win it and then go on and make more stupid prophecies that althought i find funny a lot of people find offensive on this forum... ooh well... :roll:
thats my prediction... thus zaratustra spoke..
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: highflyertoo Vs Skeptic Establishments January 2010

Postby Mistislav D'ralle » 22 Oct 2009, 13:32

ciscop wrote: but i am going to use my Psychic Powers.. (all right.. intuition)
to predict, Highflyer will never go ahead and try to find media presence, he wont find somebody that will back up his claim, he wont send a notarized letter to jref and instead he is going to complain that the contest is rigged and he cant win it and then go on and make more stupid prophecies that althought i find funny a lot of people find offensive on this forum... ooh well... :roll:
thats my prediction... thus zaratustra spoke..


Hmmmm...I think there are enough members of JREF reviewing this and other forums for their research products to be aware of Highflyertoo's comments about James Randi being "forced to be strapped to a lie detector" In addition, this would also be Highflyertoo's second application. He was denied his first application because he admitted he didn't have any powers and thus could not provide any media exposure about his powers in newspapers or other notable witnesses (the "school teacher" rule). Anyway lets see what happens at JREF.
Mistislav D'ralle
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 17 Aug 2009, 10:46

Re: highflyertoo Vs Skeptic Establishments January 2010

Postby highflyertoo » 27 Oct 2009, 10:28

ciscop wrote:yes!
go ahead hf2 and make a video for all of us here
amaze us with your awesome powers

we wanna see the stuff moving all right?
no camera edits, no threads, no helpers

try it out!

i am always behind somebody taking their million
it would be the most awesome thing ever! to prove there´s actually something out there.. i will love it !
good luck with that highflyer..

but i am going to use my Psychic Powers.. (all right.. intuition)
to predict, Highflyer will never go ahead and try to find media presence, he wont find somebody that will back up his claim, he wont send a notarized letter to jref and instead he is going to complain that the contest is rigged and he cant win it and then go on and make more stupid prophecies that althought i find funny a lot of people find offensive on this forum... ooh well... :roll:
thats my prediction... thus zaratustra spoke..


you may have to wait until the Aussie Skeptics release the video
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 09:57

Re: highflyertoo Vs Skeptic Establishments January 2010

Postby Mistislav D'ralle » 27 Oct 2009, 11:14

It's not going to happen. Highflyertoo cannot get past the first pre-test. Here is an example of the procedure from the Australian Sceptics.

http://www.undeceivingourselves.com/I-atte.htm
Mistislav D'ralle
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 17 Aug 2009, 10:46

Re: highflyertoo Vs Skeptic Establishments January 2010

Postby ciscop » 27 Oct 2009, 14:55

highflyertoo wrote:
ciscop wrote:yes!
go ahead hf2 and make a video for all of us here
amaze us with your awesome powers

we wanna see the stuff moving all right?
no camera edits, no threads, no helpers

try it out!

i am always behind somebody taking their million
it would be the most awesome thing ever! to prove there´s actually something out there.. i will love it !
good luck with that highflyer..

but i am going to use my Psychic Powers.. (all right.. intuition)
to predict, Highflyer will never go ahead and try to find media presence, he wont find somebody that will back up his claim, he wont send a notarized letter to jref and instead he is going to complain that the contest is rigged and he cant win it and then go on and make more stupid prophecies that althought i find funny a lot of people find offensive on this forum... ooh well... :roll:
thats my prediction... thus zaratustra spoke..


you may have to wait until the Aussie Skeptics release the video


OOOOOOOOH NO!!
i knew you will chicken out
already giving excuses really highflyer??
aaah this sucks!!!
just barking and making claims and never proving anything

you are so boring
please make a youtube video
i wanna see stuff moving go on and do it
i know you have a camera, and i know it because
i have watch you before,

every breath you take
every step you take
ill be watching yooooouuu

oooh can you seeeee you belong too meee... :D
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: highflyertoo Vs Skeptic Establishments January 2010

Postby highflyertoo » 27 Oct 2009, 16:43

The Aussie Skeptics will release the video according to the rules of the final tests.
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 09:57

Re: highflyertoo Vs Skeptic Establishments January 2010

Postby brett » 27 Oct 2009, 23:01

but HF2 IF you can do this stuff you claim - then why not let us have a preview - after all a bit of advance publicity cant hurt your case - the TV guys would pay good money to see you do your stuff - heck I would pay good money to see someone move stuff without cheating :lol:
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
User avatar
brett
 
Posts: 436
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 22:23
Location: Plymouth UK

Re: highflyertoo Vs Skeptic Establishments January 2010

Postby highflyertoo » 28 Oct 2009, 10:24

brett wrote:but HF2 IF you can do this stuff you claim - then why not let us have a preview - after all a bit of advance publicity cant hurt your case - the TV guys would pay good money to see you do your stuff - heck I would pay good money to see someone move stuff without cheating :lol:


No previews allowed, as it goes against the grain of scientific testing
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 09:57

Re: highflyertoo Vs Skeptic Establishments January 2010

Postby ciscop » 28 Oct 2009, 16:21

hahahaha

when january comes
you will postpone the date again like you always do

that's my prophecy
i know what you do
i am watching you

you cant avoid me HF2
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: highflyertoo Vs Skeptic Establishments January 2010

Postby brett » 28 Oct 2009, 23:24

highflyertoo wrote:
brett wrote:but HF2 IF you can do this stuff you claim - then why not let us have a preview - after all a bit of advance publicity cant hurt your case - the TV guys would pay good money to see you do your stuff - heck I would pay good money to see someone move stuff without cheating :lol:


No previews allowed, as it goes against the grain of scientific testing


er i thought that "repeatability" is one of the factors of both the "scientific method" and of proof positive - so why would it matter if you do it more than once it shows repeatability - and thus strengthens your case - both scientifically AND to the challenge committee /group/ whatever - unless of course you are aiming to capitalise on you abilities and you ARE expecting everyone to pay to see them ??
LIFE - just filling the bits between birth, death and taxes
User avatar
brett
 
Posts: 436
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 22:23
Location: Plymouth UK

Re: highflyertoo Vs Skeptic Establishments January 2010

Postby highflyertoo » 30 Oct 2009, 08:07

brett wrote:
highflyertoo wrote:
brett wrote:but HF2 IF you can do this stuff you claim - then why not let us have a preview - after all a bit of advance publicity cant hurt your case - the TV guys would pay good money to see you do your stuff - heck I would pay good money to see someone move stuff without cheating :lol:


No previews allowed, as it goes against the grain of scientific testing


er i thought that "repeatability" is one of the factors of both the "scientific method" and of proof positive - so why would it matter if you do it more than once it shows repeatability - and thus strengthens your case - both scientifically AND to the challenge committee /group/ whatever - unless of course you are aiming to capitalise on you abilities and you ARE expecting everyone to pay to see them ??


Yes Brett it wouldn't matter at all to repeat the tests in a Science Lab. Showing a ''video clip'' to the World without first having ''scientific scrutiny approval'' would be an underachievement to say the least.

Skeptics want the Science Nod 8-)
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo
 
Posts: 400
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 09:57

Next

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest