View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Would Randi take a Lie Detector Test?

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Would Randi take a Lie Detector Test?

Postby highflyertoo » 18 Aug 2009, 08:32

JonDonnis wrote:
highflyertoo wrote:I differ from you JonDonnis as I believe Randi would fail a Lie Detector Test in relation to him obviously having a hidden agenda.
Yet if Randi passes the LDT, then ye, me and he can talk Turkey.

How many times do I have to say this, i dont believe Randi would pass i KNOW he would pass, not because he is telling the truth but because he knows the methods of how to pass.

A lie detector is NOT scientific, it is woo. It is easy to pass one if you know how, and I am 100% sure one of the worlds greatest magicians knows how to pass a simple lie detector test.

What makes you say Randi would deliberately cheat. Is cheating in Randis nature ?

You say you KNOW RANDI would pass . How do you KNOW Randi would pass the LDT ? Is your ''prediction'' based on a Scientific Method ? Can you see the future or are you only guessing ?

JonDonnis seems to be implying that Science can not implement a measure to see if Randi is tightening his muscle in faking the proposed Lie Detector Test.
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby highflyertoo » 18 Aug 2009, 10:56

If Randi so happens to read this thread and accepts to under go a Lie Detector Test, then I suggest that Randi to really prove himself as being ''not bogus'' should before the LDT take a mild non side affecting Truth Serum to show his full coperation that he's not selling a dud challenge.
Last edited by highflyertoo on 18 Aug 2009, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby General Zod » 18 Aug 2009, 11:01

highflyertoo wrote:If Randi so happens to read this thread and accepts to under go a Lie Detector Test, then I suggest that Randi to really prove himself as being ''not bogus'' should before the LDT take a mild non side affecting Truth Serum ( SP 17 ) to show his full coperation that he's not selling a dud challenge.

:lol:

OK, now I know you're kidding. You can stop trolling now, although I admit I was taken in by your performance art.
General Zod

Postby highflyertoo » 18 Aug 2009, 11:04

I'm not joking
highflyertoo

Postby General Zod » 18 Aug 2009, 13:22

highflyertoo wrote:I'm not joking

So you actually believe that an 80 year old man with cancer should be drugged and interrogated, just to satisfy you?

I'm having some difficulty believing that this isn't a bad joke. You must be putting us on.
General Zod

Postby JonDonnis » 18 Aug 2009, 14:32

Eteponge wrote:Ah, thanks for the info. I thought it was something like that. While I am very open to the potential of people having psychic abilities, and am intrigued by several such individuals (whom I personally find very convincing given all the data), I find "Spiritualist Centers" to "Teach Psychic Ability" and the sort more of a fluff bunny / new age novelty thing, although the practitioners obviously take it very seriously. I don't consider such a course as a global comparison to all people who purport to have any such gifts.

One of teh reasons Itook the course was to try and smash some preconceptions about the types of people who attends such places, and I did.
It wasnt just middle aged housewives, there was a decent cross section of society.

I think more than anything these people saw it as a social exercise, however there was a definite problem with people thinkinng they would be the next John Edward.

Anotehr issue was that some people were inadvertantly learning how to cold read, they didnt even realise they were doing it, something again I found fascinating.

I would love to know more about anyone you cant explain, or think is impressive as a psychic.
JonDonnis

Postby JonDonnis » 18 Aug 2009, 14:40

highflyertoo wrote:What makes you say Randi would deliberately cheat. Is cheating in Randis nature ?

I dont think you are understanding me.
The LDT is not scientific. Therefore it is pointless testing Randi with it.
Whether he would cheat or not is not the problem, the problem is that whatever result you get, you cant rely on, because the chance to cheat has not been eliminated.

You want him to take a test to prove he is not lying, yet the test itself is flawed and he could lie his way through it, so at the end of the day if he passes you would say he lied anyway, so what possible use is the test when anyone with half a brain can pass it?

Its like putting a psychic on the LDT and asking "are you psychic".

SO for the last time, the lie detector test is useless, it does not detect lies, and ANYONE can pass it with a simple bit of knowledge.
It is a pointless way to test Randis integrity.

I advise anyone who thinks the MDC is rigged or faked to get yourself a solicitor and a TV crew, take the test, and if you fail then sue Randi.

You say you KNOW RANDI would pass . How do you KNOW Randi would pass the LDT ? Is your ''prediction'' based on a Scientific Method ? Can you see the future or are you only guessing ?

If you read my posts you would know the answer.
I KNOW Randi would pass because number 1 he is legit, number 2 if he is not legit he would simple cheat.
So either way he would pass every time, regardless of if he is legit or not.

JonDonnis seems to be implying that Science can not implement a measure to see if Randi is tightening his muscle in faking the proposed Lie Detector Test

So now you suggest that science monitors an 80+ year old cancer sufferers back passage?
Seriously think about what you are saying.

A lie detector is NOT scientific, it does NOT detect lies.

Please read that last line again.

And people wonder why us skeptics get annoyed with believers sometimes
JonDonnis

Postby ciscop » 18 Aug 2009, 14:50

well said jondonnis

hey highflyer
if you can move stuff with your mind
why wont you take the jref test??
please!! take the test
make my world turn around and proof skepticism to be wrong
and burn to the ground the jref.. f;ck them for "washing our brains" and making me an atheist!
hahahaahahaha...

but naaah.. you are just a dummy troll
that hates randi for being addicted to reality
what a shame...

and you still dont understand. lie detectors are bullshit!!!
why dont you get randi under BAD CRYSTALS??? WHY DONT YOU MAKE A VOODO DOLL OF RANDI? WHY DONT YOU PRAY SO HE WILL DIE... they will make the same effect... IS JUST WOO.. i KNOW! why dont you make randi eat 50 homeopathy cianure pills so he will die...oh.. wait sorry.. he already have done that and is still living and kicking the hell out of your stupid fantasy world.

common highflyer.. CAN YOU MOVE STUFF WITH YOUR MIND???
jump the question if you cant aswer it
:D
Last edited by ciscop on 18 Aug 2009, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Mistislav D'ralle » 18 Aug 2009, 14:52

General Zod wrote:

So you actually believe that an 80 year old man with cancer should be drugged and interrogated, just to satisfy you?

I'm having some difficulty believing that this isn't a bad joke. You must be putting us on.

LDT is multi sweat heart measurement. I have LDT to work on boats in Russia. They ask Yes No. They do not ask big explanations as many different heart beats not answer question. What Yes No questions you ask to Mr Randi Mr Highflyertoo?.
Mistislav D'ralle

Postby Mistislav D'ralle » 18 Aug 2009, 14:59

highflyertoo wrote:If Randi so happens to read this thread and accepts to under go a Lie Detector Test, then I suggest that Randi to really prove himself as being ''not bogus'' should before the LDT take a mild non side affecting Truth Serum ( SP 17 ) to show his full coperation that he's not selling a dud challenge.

You do this to get his money? It is not fair. Here is not the law to drug people to take money from them. They sell barbituates or truth serum at the dock market to children and they do not tell truth or give money.

Where is all tests you have done to your own. have you tested your own yet. What test. Can you describe please.
Mistislav D'ralle

Postby ciscop » 18 Aug 2009, 15:06

highflyer now i know you are a troll
you want to get a 81 year old guy
and drug him and put him to a LDT

you are just a troll

move something with your mind
we are waiting for your video
make our week
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby Mistislav D'ralle » 18 Aug 2009, 15:51

ciscop wrote:highflyer now i know you are a troll

you are just a troll

make our week

No No Mr Highflyertoo already have power. He got power to move objects with dreams that effected his brain in May. He told everyone who know him on american forum but and also I do not think he is Anti messiah which he said he became at same time.

He has power already
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11253

He is anti messiah fighting Jesus but he is really like us humans and crys for hugging.
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11614

Highflyertoo is a friend I think of uri gellar because he knows of secret uri gellar test but also I think uri gellar bad man from Israel who lives with Michael Jackson who is now dead. Uri gellar did not warn Michael Jackson I do not think. Maybe he get money from dead michael jackson heirloom money.

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... &start=640When Uri Geller was tested and proved by scientists to have ''powers'', then why was there further scrutiny ? Answer this and then you'll start to see clearly about yourselves
Mistislav D'ralle

Postby highflyertoo » 18 Aug 2009, 16:42

General Zod wrote:

I'm very serious. Randi needs to prove the validity of his MDC Rules. and one way to do it is by putting him on the Truth Chair.

I'm not simply going to believe Randi because he says so. It's all about demonstrating one's nobility.

Randi must ''put up'' or ''shut up''.
highflyertoo

Postby Eteponge » 18 Aug 2009, 17:02

Mistislav D'ralle wrote:No No Mr Highflyertoo already have power. He got power to move objects with dreams that effected his brain in May. He told everyone who know him on american forum but and also I do not think he is Anti messiah which he said he became at same time.

He has power already
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11253

He is anti messiah fighting Jesus but he is really like us humans and crys for hugging.
http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11614

Highflyertoo is a friend I think of uri gellar because he knows of secret uri gellar test but also I think uri gellar bad man from Israel who lives with Michael Jackson who is now dead. Uri gellar did not warn Michael Jackson I do not think. Maybe he get money from dead michael jackson heirloom money.

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.p ... &start=640When Uri Geller was tested and proved by scientists to have ''powers'', then why was there further scrutiny ? Answer this and then you'll start to see clearly about yourselves

"I think Eteponge's Blog is a pretty cool guy. eh debates Skeptics and doesnt afraid of anything."
Eteponge

Postby highflyertoo » 18 Aug 2009, 17:17

ciscop wrote:highflyer now i know you are a troll

you are just a troll

make our week

If Randi wants to take a Truth Serum, then he has free will to take it or he keeps stringing along duped skeptics.
highflyertoo

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge