[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Would Randi take a Lie Detector Test? : JREF / Randi Challenge - Page 12 • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Would Randi take a Lie Detector Test?

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Would Randi take a Lie Detector Test?

Postby quantumparanormal » 11 Sep 2009, 04:12

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby soldiergirl » 11 Sep 2009, 05:43

soldiergirl

Postby quantumparanormal » 11 Sep 2009, 05:59

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby ciscop » 11 Sep 2009, 08:20

For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby highflyertoo » 11 Sep 2009, 11:20

Maybe this ''science machine'' will work wonders?

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/03/noliemri/
Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby soldiergirl » 11 Sep 2009, 11:31

Quantum,

On another post somewhere here i used an example of snow which I will retype now so you can see how I make judgements on what to believe. If i wake up one morning and my yard is covered in snow, my neighbors yard is covered in snow, the streets are covered in snow and the weatherman on the news channel says its snowing outside I'm gonna believe it freakin snowed. Now is it possible my neighbors are playing a cruel hoax on me with a snow machine, well i suppose there is a slight possibility. Is it possible that an alien in a UFO dumped the snow in my neighborhood, I guess there is a slight possibility (how can i really prove it wasn't so). Now I like to think of myself as a reasonable prudent person (RPP) so I come to the logical conclusion that it snowed given the facts and information I can gather. You will say but yes it might have snowed but the alien might have dumped the snow too. Prove it wasn't an alien. Scecop would say a friend of my cousins great aunt said it was dumped by an alien and threfore it was a fact because she was on my mailing list plus has 6 degrees of separation from me. This is where we so called skeptics will always differ from believers such as you (ones who look at other possibilities) and especially from zealous believers such as professor and scecop who have no logical and deductive reasoning at all. Anyways this is why I believe th MDC is real is just based off of the information that I have gathered and analyzed.

1 more point to make is who would pay for this polygraph? I assume it would be the professor or whoever wants him to take it cause why in the hell should he pay. Any idea how expensive it is for a good professional polygraph examiner? There are preliminary questions before you even get hooked up and then all the control questions after you start. Not cheapo.
soldiergirl

Postby highflyertoo » 11 Sep 2009, 12:00

Randi was no researcher of the paranormal even though he tried half heartedly.... Shows over.
highflyertoo

Postby highflyertoo » 11 Sep 2009, 12:03

Face it soldiergal, you're defending a lost cause.

Randi's MDC is a gimmick to draw you wannabe debunkers into his pied piper persona.
highflyertoo

Postby ciscop » 11 Sep 2009, 14:07

yes yes
how's your experiment going on??
did the cups moved a little?
make a new video

i love christian nuts

and i applaud you highflyer
you should be embraced and supported by radin
you are the dream come true of all those quacks
you actually move stuff with your mind
thats awesome
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
ciscop

Postby soldiergirl » 11 Sep 2009, 15:11

Highflyer,

Answer one thing. Are you psychic? Simple yes or no will suffice.
soldiergirl

Postby soldiergirl » 11 Sep 2009, 15:24

Highflyer,

Why should Randi pay from the interest? Its his interest so it is still coming out of his pocket. You think you are so sure he is lying so why don't you pay for it. Do you see cops charging the criminals for the polygraph bill? Its always the person wanting to give the polygraph that pays for it. You see the CIA, FBI, CID, NSA, Border Patrol recruits paying for their polygraph exams and for their background invesigations? Fair is fair. Why do you think agencies and civillian military contractors swoop up ex military with TS clearances? It is because they save money cause you are a sure bet. These things are not cheap. I'm not referring to the bottom of the barrell polygraph examiners like you will find on smut tv talk shows where they administer the test to see if trailer trash cheated on his wife. I'm talking about top law enforcement polygraph examiners.
soldiergirl

Postby quantumparanormal » 11 Sep 2009, 23:29

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby quantumparanormal » 12 Sep 2009, 00:10

Last edited by quantumparanormal on 12 Sep 2009, 00:32, edited 4 times in total.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby quantumparanormal » 12 Sep 2009, 00:13

Last edited by quantumparanormal on 12 Sep 2009, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.
Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

Postby quantumparanormal » 12 Sep 2009, 00:15

Mike G.
Quantum Paranormal
quantumparanormal

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge