View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

The Alpha Project HOAX "Other" Side

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: The Alpha Project HOAX "Other" Side

Postby Azrael » 10 Aug 2009, 03:00

Eteponge wrote:Azrael: Stop with the insults and accusations against The Professor's daughter, if you cannot backup your statements with evidence. I've warned you all about this once before, and if this happens again, it may result in a temporary (24 hours) ban. Bringing someone's family into a flame discussion with insults and accusations directed towards them like that, unproven, is bad form. And stop snapping back at him when he snaps at you, it just feeds the flames further.

The Professor: Enough with the relentless insults about Randi, it just stirs up the skeptics more, and is likewise bad form because he isn't here to defend himself. And stop snapping back at them when they snap at you, it just feeds the flames even more. If I warn the skeptics of a temp ban coming their way if they continue to make unproven insulting accusations about your daughter, I'll now warn you again also to stop feeding the flames with relentless insults towards both them and Randi, and of not backing up certain accusations you say about Randi or them, or a temp ban may come your way as well.

This is a warning of a temp ban to both sides fueling the flames. Calm down and be civil.


Etponge I made one comment that his daughter was in a crackhouse,I mis-typed it should have read crankhouse,apologies didn't spot that.

What about the constant lies by The Professor? Ive got multiple ID's been booted on Cafe multiple times. Magicseen magazine are not using my services any more etc etc. Every single one of those is a lie. He knows this yet continues ,mayeb your warning will alter things, banning him certainly would. ;)
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael
 
Posts: 232
Joined: 23 Jul 2009, 02:32






Re: The Alpha Project HOAX "Other" Side

Postby Jim-Callahan » 10 Aug 2009, 03:15

Azrael wrote:
Eteponge wrote:Azrael: Stop with the insults and accusations against The Professor's daughter, if you cannot backup your statements with evidence. I've warned you all about this once before, and if this happens again, it may result in a temporary (24 hours) ban. Bringing someone's family into a flame discussion with insults and accusations directed towards them like that, unproven, is bad form. And stop snapping back at him when he snaps at you, it just feeds the flames further.

The Professor: Enough with the relentless insults about Randi, it just stirs up the skeptics more, and is likewise bad form because he isn't here to defend himself. And stop snapping back at them when they snap at you, it just feeds the flames even more. If I warn the skeptics of a temp ban coming their way if they continue to make unproven insulting accusations about your daughter, I'll now warn you again also to stop feeding the flames with relentless insults towards both them and Randi, and of not backing up certain accusations you say about Randi or them, or a temp ban may come your way as well.

This is a warning of a temp ban to both sides fueling the flames. Calm down and be civil.


Etponge I made one comment that his daughter was in a crackhouse,I mis-typed it should have read crankhouse,apologies didn't spot that.

What about the constant lies by The Professor? Ive got multiple ID's been booted on Cafe multiple times. Magicseen magazine are not using my services any more etc etc. Every single one of those is a lie. He knows this yet continues ,mayeb your warning will alter things, banning him certainly would. ;)


I guess you could offer proof john.

Magicseen made a direct response about you to him.
Were they not telling true?

Have you not been kicked of the Cafe multible times?

Not sure what you are getting at but I am sure you can make it clear.

Jim
Jim-Callahan
 
Posts: 52
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 04:16

Re: The Alpha Project HOAX "Other" Side

Postby Azrael » 10 Aug 2009, 05:31

Jim-Callahan wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Eteponge wrote:Azrael: Stop with the insults and accusations against The Professor's daughter, if you cannot backup your statements with evidence. I've warned you all about this once before, and if this happens again, it may result in a temporary (24 hours) ban. Bringing someone's family into a flame discussion with insults and accusations directed towards them like that, unproven, is bad form. And stop snapping back at him when he snaps at you, it just feeds the flames further.

The Professor: Enough with the relentless insults about Randi, it just stirs up the skeptics more, and is likewise bad form because he isn't here to defend himself. And stop snapping back at them when they snap at you, it just feeds the flames even more. If I warn the skeptics of a temp ban coming their way if they continue to make unproven insulting accusations about your daughter, I'll now warn you again also to stop feeding the flames with relentless insults towards both them and Randi, and of not backing up certain accusations you say about Randi or them, or a temp ban may come your way as well.

This is a warning of a temp ban to both sides fueling the flames. Calm down and be civil.


Etponge I made one comment that his daughter was in a crackhouse,I mis-typed it should have read crankhouse,apologies didn't spot that.

What about the constant lies by The Professor? Ive got multiple ID's been booted on Cafe multiple times. Magicseen magazine are not using my services any more etc etc. Every single one of those is a lie. He knows this yet continues ,mayeb your warning will alter things, banning him certainly would. ;)


I guess you could offer proof john.

Magicseen made a direct response about you to him.
Were they not telling true?

Have you not been kicked of the Cafe multible times?

Not sure what you are getting at but I am sure you can make it clear.

Jim


I dont need to offer proof, Im not the one making lies. I called him to back up his lies. you can help him if you like. Or ignore the question like you normally do.
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael
 
Posts: 232
Joined: 23 Jul 2009, 02:32

Re: The Alpha Project HOAX "Other" Side

Postby Ozz » 10 Aug 2009, 07:09

Jim-Callahan wrote:
I guess you could offer proof john.

Magicseen made a direct response about you to him.
Were they not telling true?


What possible reason would Dave have to contact magicseen and enquire about him? If that doesn't classify as stalking, I don't know what does.
Ozz
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 22:38

Re: The Alpha Project HOAX "Other" Side

Postby Jim-Callahan » 10 Aug 2009, 07:29

Ozz wrote:
Jim-Callahan wrote:
I guess you could offer proof john.

Magicseen made a direct response about you to him.
Were they not telling true?


What possible reason would Dave have to contact magicseen and enquire about him? If that doesn't classify as stalking, I don't know what does.


Nope he wanted to know the truth about a guy who was stalking him.

I would do the same.

You telling me you would not?

-Jim
Jim-Callahan
 
Posts: 52
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 04:16

Re: The Alpha Project HOAX "Other" Side

Postby Azrael » 10 Aug 2009, 07:59

Jim-Callahan wrote:
Ozz wrote:
Jim-Callahan wrote:
I guess you could offer proof john.

Magicseen made a direct response about you to him.
Were they not telling true?


What possible reason would Dave have to contact magicseen and enquire about him? If that doesn't classify as stalking, I don't know what does.


Nope he wanted to know the truth about a guy who was stalking him.

I would do the same.

You telling me you would not?

-Jim


Stalking ! Thats hilarious. What truth? What business is it of magicseen? Are they UK police? Are they my internet provider? I gave YOU all my details Jim,some time ago when you stated "you want notice of intent? Tell me where to send it" Im still waiting. Hell my phone numbers and address are on my website which is linked in every post on JREF I make,if that isn't enough info then nothing is. No Dave just wanted to try stir up trouble for me with magicseen. Well seeing as they know me personally of a few years they believe me over a crank who claims his dead mate from NASA talks via EVP! Any sensible person would.

And what of his claim to have contacted Crimestoppers(to magicseen)and Portugal police? More lies? If not what possible earthly reason is there for that? Are the Portugal police concerned about me stalking him? LMAO.
Couple of clowns you too.
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael
 
Posts: 232
Joined: 23 Jul 2009, 02:32

Re: The Alpha Project HOAX "Other" Side

Postby Azrael » 10 Aug 2009, 08:00

I called him to back up his lies. you can help him if you like. Or ignore the question like you normally do.


Waiting...
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael
 
Posts: 232
Joined: 23 Jul 2009, 02:32

Re: The Alpha Project HOAX "Other" Side

Postby The Professor » 10 Aug 2009, 09:52

Jim-Callahan wrote:
Ozz wrote:
Jim-Callahan wrote:
I guess you could offer proof john.

Magicseen made a direct response about you to him.
Were they not telling true?


What possible reason would Dave have to contact magicseen and enquire about him? If that doesn't classify as stalking, I don't know what does.


Nope he wanted to know the truth about a guy who was stalking him.

I would do the same.

You telling me you would not?

-Jim


I have the emails from Magicseen claiming they don't know John Mather and only had one dealing with him in 5 years. All internet ... Wonder why.

Should I post the emails?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSED TO TEST FOR A MILLION DOLLARS
The Professor
 
Posts: 343
Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 11:26

Re: The Alpha Project HOAX "Other" Side

Postby ciscop » 10 Aug 2009, 10:29

so contacting magicseen to interrupt magicseen relation with john
is a direct threat to somebody business
i thought scescop said whoever did that should be banned
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: The Alpha Project HOAX "Other" Side

Postby Jim-Callahan » 10 Aug 2009, 11:03

ciscop wrote:so contacting magicseen to interrupt magicseen relation with john
is a direct threat to somebody business
i thought scescop said whoever did that should be banned


And what is that?
Jim-Callahan
 
Posts: 52
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 04:16

Re: The Alpha Project HOAX "Other" Side

Postby Ozz » 10 Aug 2009, 12:05

ciscop wrote:so contacting magicseen to interrupt magicseen relation with john
is a direct threat to somebody business
i thought scescop said whoever did that should be banned


Indeed...

Scepcop wrote:viewtopic.php?f=7&t=233
People should be able to come here without having their jobs put at risk or their personal lives. That is simply cruel and uncalled for. Online feuds go too far when they go this route.


Incidentally, a look at the sample page on the MagicSeen website does indicate that a person named "John Mather" did infact write an article on Randi in issue #26.

Image

(Agreed it is hard to see, but for those of you on Mac's, hold down control and use your trackball to zoom in. I have no idea what the PC equivalent of that function is.)

So it appears that John Mather does write for MagicSeen. Whether he is a full time employee or a freelance writer is irrelevant. The Professor has admitted to getting in contact with this members employer in an attempt to stir up trouble, and this behavior should not be tolerated.
Ozz
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 22:38

Re: The Alpha Project HOAX "Other" Side

Postby ciscop » 10 Aug 2009, 15:08

uuh im interested in getting the full article
is it possible?

by the way
i envy you john
you had a chat with randi !!
how awesome is that

and ozz.. i have this mac for like 2 years
and i didnt know about that function!
wow.. it was cool to still keep learning things about my mac
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

Re: The Alpha Project HOAX "Other" Side

Postby Ozz » 10 Aug 2009, 15:33

Another good one I only found recently is the screen grab function.

command + shift + 3 will give you a grab of your entire screen.

command + shift + 4 will allow you to draw around the section you want.

command + shift + 4, then tap space bar will bring up a camera icon - click on the window you want captured and it will save a PNG of just that window, with a pretty drop shadow and all that.
Ozz
 
Posts: 41
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 22:38

Re: The Alpha Project HOAX "Other" Side

Postby Azrael » 10 Aug 2009, 16:46

The Professor wrote:
I have the emails from Magicseen claiming they don't know John Mather and only had one dealing with him in 5 years. All internet ... Wonder why.

Should I post the emails?


Yeah do that. Though what relevance it has to anything is a mystery. Are we going to be waiting as long as we are for you to publsih emails between you and JREF?
I'm always very skeptical of any situation where someone's notability hinges on their connection to another notable person
Azrael
 
Posts: 232
Joined: 23 Jul 2009, 02:32

Re: The Alpha Project HOAX "Other" Side

Postby ciscop » 11 Aug 2009, 02:40

i also dont understand whats the relevance
instead of building a case about evp or whatever dumb paranormal claim he has
he goes and attacks and stalks skeptics..
we are waiting for your paranormal claim thread... go on amaze me! make me eat my words!
or are you going to jump that too davy? why is it you cant build a case?

how you did on your SAT´s Dave? i heard a guy on peyote got a higher score than you
(I wonder if you actually got your name right...)
For every person who reads this valuable book there are hundreds of naïve souls who would prefer to have their spines tingled by a sensational but worthless potboiler by some hack journalist of the paranormal. You who now read these sentences join a small but wiser minority. Martin Gaardner (Psychology of the Psychic)
User avatar
ciscop
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: 22 Jul 2009, 12:04

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest