View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Denied registration w/o reason JREF

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Denied registration w/o reason JREF

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Aug 2012, 20:13

cecil1 wrote:I also feel the same way you do about using the word god but from reading his works I find that his definition of god is not the same as religious definitions. The word god usually brings up stereotypical thoughts but a deeper analysis of his material dispells the ambiguous implications of that dreaded word.

The more that I read, I came to the same conclusion. However, I still haven't figured out Vernon's definition yet. I guess I will need to dig a bit deeper into the material.
NinjaPuppy

Postby cecil1 » 08 Aug 2012, 03:19

Arouet wrote:Congrats. My advice if you don't want to be banned, is not to be belligent and insult people. Disagreement is allowed (and encouraged) but if you just go around insulting people you will be banned.

I disagree, JREF allows favorite posters to go around insulting and demeaning others and they are not banned.

I appreciate the advice but I do not trust your words to be sincere. Hopefully you can see the irony of me disagreeing with you here.

:)
cecil1

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Aug 2012, 03:30

cecil1 wrote:
Arouet wrote:Congrats. My advice if you don't want to be banned, is not to be belligent and insult people. Disagreement is allowed (and encouraged) but if you just go around insulting people you will be banned.

I disagree, JREF allows favorite posters to go around insulting and demeaning others and they are not banned.
I appreciate the advice but I do not trust your words to be sincere. Hopefully you can see the irony of me disagreeing with you here. :)

Sincere? Of course Arouet was sincere with his statement. FWIW, Arouet did say YOU. He did NOT say that this is JREF forum policy for all members. :shock:
NinjaPuppy

Postby cecil1 » 08 Aug 2012, 04:09

Only if he truly meant me, as in excluding all the favorited members regarding the rules and referring only to me then it could be viewed as sincere, which in that case means that Arouet is implying that JREF is bias towards non-favorite members which i'm sure he wouldn't do would he?

:mrgreen:
cecil1

Postby Arouet » 08 Aug 2012, 05:01

You realise that I have no control over the mods at JREF right? If you don't want to follow my advice, then don't.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 08 Aug 2012, 05:59

cecil1 wrote:Only if he truly meant me, as in excluding all the favorited members regarding the rules and referring only to me then it could be viewed as sincere, which in that case means that Arouet is implying that JREF is bias towards non-favorite members which i'm sure he wouldn't do would he?

:mrgreen:

I don't know for fact what Arouet would or wouldn't do or imply regarding the JREF forums but I know that around here, the Mods (me) tend to be a bit more tolerant towards established members vs. brand new members. Especially when it comes to belligerent or insulting newbies. If you ask me (which I know that you didn't) Arouet's statement was based on his observations of past situations.

From my past observations of what little I have lurked over there, I would agree with Arouet's statement.
NinjaPuppy

Postby cecil1 » 09 Aug 2012, 07:40

Arouet wrote:You realise that I have no control over the mods at JREF right? If you don't want to follow my advice, then don't.

If I took your word for it, yes. (If you haven't noticed I take nothing on your word no offense meant.)

The advice is as sound as ever I was merely dispelling the notion that JREF is unbiased regarding insults and belligerence, if the notion is directed purely towards newer members that is bias also.
cecil1

Previous

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge