View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Denied registration w/o reason JREF

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Denied registration w/o reason JREF

Postby cecil1 » 06 Aug 2012, 06:31

NinjaPuppy wrote:Ahhhh yes. How could I forget!

I forgot to shower this morning :?

NinjPuppy wrote:I must agree with you that Arouet does express an extremely high level of tact when debating, compared to many here who have come and gone.

Let's not stroke his ego too much!

NinjaPuppy wrote:Big guns? Meh.

Yes it was meant as sarcasm, I honestly don't think there is a proponent of the establishments status quo with a level of intelligence on par with me on the JREF board. (Or anywhere else as I have not been corrected yet regarding that unique facet of canadian law. I look forward to being corrected anywhere anytime. I was really hoping a lawyer wouldn't end up agreeing with me but alas no such luck yet.)

NinjaPuppy wrote:From the small sample of what I've read over there it's more like defeat via mob mentality. They "pile on", making it hard to sometimes follow a coherent train of thought. At least for me.

Not just you. It would be hard for anyone with a sincere intent to sludge through that muddy filth pit of mere opinions.

NinjaPuppy wrote:Well, I'm sure that Arouet will be pleased to hear this.

Yes i'm hoping using his name as a reference is the sway needed to open the door to the snake pit.

NinjaPuppy wrote:Nope. I never meant to imply that the JREF forum was biased. Just that their posting rules allow for things that may or may not be allowed or should I say, appreciated here.

Well what rules disallow facts? They have a conspiracy section and even a 9/11 section. They even have a non-usa politics section.
Something right up my alley. What reason could they have to continue denying registration to me?

No one from JREF has been able to prove me wrong and I have Arouet Agreeing with me on the "policy" as well as accepting that slavery as good and moral.( For the record i'm going to go out on a limb and state that slavery is immoral anytime.)

Can I expect JREF to lecture me on how slavery can be good like Arouet has? :lol:
cecil1

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Aug 2012, 06:52

cecil1 wrote:Well what rules disallow facts?

While I agree that facts are facts, the subject matter can sometimes be the issue.

cecil1 wrote:They have a conspiracy section and even a 9/11 section. They even have a non-usa politics section. Something right up my alley. What reason could they have to continue denying registration to me?

I can probably give you a laundry list but it would be nothing more than general speculation, not facts.

cecil1 wrote:No one from JREF has been able to prove me wrong and I have Arouet Agreeing with me on the "policy" as well as accepting that slavery as good and moral. (For the record i'm going to go out on a limb and state that slavery is immoral anytime.)

Can I expect JREF to lecture me on how slavery can be good like Arouet has? :lol:

Maybe. 8-)
I'd venture to guess that the word "slavery" alone can be an issue for many people.
NinjaPuppy

Postby cecil1 » 06 Aug 2012, 07:03

NinjaPuppy wrote:While I agree that facts are facts, the subject matter can sometimes be the issue.

With the range of conspiracy issues they deal with i'm sure legal slavery wouldn't be a problem at all, just another woo to debunk.
They had a hayday with rob menard from freeman society, what exactly would be the problem debating with a concerned citizen instead of a revolutionary like menard?
Surely they have no qualms with a nobody like me.

Repeatedly denying me registration when I know for a fact they follow me to other forums (only to lose debates) only further supports that they cannot debunk it.

NinjaPuppy wrote:I can probably give you a laundry list but it would be nothing more than general speculation, not facts.

Like what? They don't like losing debate? What an opportunity to learn something though! What an opportunity to debunk a huge issue of woo!
Surely they wouldn't let something like this slip through their fingers!

NinjaPuppy wrote:Maybe.
I'd venture to guess that the word "slavery" alone can be an issue for many people.

But not for JREF as they allowed rob menard to have his say.
Robs slogan was "consent of the governed" after all Ninja.
He also lost debate to me.
cecil1

Postby cecil1 » 06 Aug 2012, 07:08

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=176799

Here is JREF having a hayday with a revolutionary, someone with far more radical issues than I could muster regarding "law".

I am nowhere near that level of radical. My posts should be self-evident of that fact.

I actually explain my position.
cecil1

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Aug 2012, 07:16

cecil1 wrote:With the range of conspiracy issues they deal with i'm sure legal slavery wouldn't be a problem at all, just another woo to debunk.
They had a hayday with rob menard from freeman society, what exactly would be the problem debating with a concerned citizen instead of a revolutionary like menard?

I would guess that the topic material is not the issue then.

cecil1 wrote:Surely they have no qualms with a nobody like me.

Repeatedly denying me registration when I know for a fact they follow me to other forums (only to lose debates) only further supports that they cannot debunk it.

This is certainly one possible answer.

cecil1 wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:I can probably give you a laundry list but it would be nothing more than general speculation, not facts.

What an opportunity to learn something though! What an opportunity to debunk a huge issue of woo!
Surely they wouldn't let something like this slip through their fingers!

I agree. It certainly seems that way. As far as the reason being the JREF members not able to win a debate of this topic, we won't know unless you receive a response from Ms. Simpson.

I am surprised that there's been no commentary from one of our regular JREF member lurkers. They occasionally will chime in if/when their forum is questioned.
NinjaPuppy

Postby cecil1 » 06 Aug 2012, 07:32

But we already do know Arouet frequents JREF forum and he conceded to me, Jlord from JREF couldn't even differentiate between the words business and person while debating me on freeman forums. I'm really hoping JREF accepts my new email address with Arouet as the reference so they can show me the light!

It's simply really, they can't shine light at something brighter than them.
cecil1

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Aug 2012, 07:38

cecil1 wrote:But we already do know Arouet frequents JREF forum and he conceded to me, Jlord from JREF couldn't even differentiate between the words business and person while debating me on freeman forums. I'm really hoping JREF accepts my new email address with Arouet as the reference so they can show me the light!

It's simply really, they can't shine light at something brighter than them.

So what other topics would interest you to debate?
NinjaPuppy

Postby cecil1 » 06 Aug 2012, 07:47

NinjaPuppy wrote:So what other topics would interest you to debate?

Only ones I know for certain I can teach, anything else my intent is to learn.

Are you familier with Vernon Howard?

His teachings are a moral stone to stand on.

I have many interests but I would venture to say good moral ethics are my specialty.(Something much needed since yesterday.)

How about you Ninja? What interests you?
cecil1

Postby NinjaPuppy » 06 Aug 2012, 07:53

cecil1 wrote:I have many interests but I would venture to say good moral ethics are my specialty.(Something much needed since yesterday.)
How about you Ninja? What interests you?

I'm not at all familier with Vernon Howard but my personal views of morals and ethics might entertain you a bit. What exactly do you consider "good moral ethics"? IMO, I do not believe in things being good or evil. For me good or evil is defined by the intent.
NinjaPuppy

Postby cecil1 » 06 Aug 2012, 08:01

Sounds interesting already!

You were holding out on me!

I have to get ready to get off work at the office here sorry I'll resume with you later.

:)
cecil1

Postby cecil1 » 07 Aug 2012, 01:31

Well my suspicions were incorrect JREF finally allowed me onto the boards it took 3 tries and a thread on scepcop to do it but they have proved to be capable of intellectual honesty to a certain degree. I stand corrected and what an excellent way for JREF to prove it's non-bias regarding real discussion.

And Ninja check out vernon you might like him.
cecil1

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Aug 2012, 01:33

cecil1 wrote:Well my suspicions were incorrect JREF finally allowed me onto the boards it took 3 tries and a thread on scepcop to do it but they have proved to be capable of intellectual honesty to a certain degree. I stand corrected and what an excellent way for JREF to prove it's non-bias regarding real discussion.

Make sure to give us a link when you get going on JREF.
I will check out Vernon today, thanks.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 07 Aug 2012, 02:07

I checked out Vernon Howard and the "New Life Foundation". Minus the religious part, he and I seem to think alike.
NinjaPuppy

Postby cecil1 » 07 Aug 2012, 03:20

I also feel the same way you do about using the word god but from reading his works I find that his definition of god is not the same as religious definitions. The word god usually brings up stereotypical thoughts but a deeper analysis of his material dispells the ambiguous implications of that dreaded word.
cecil1

Postby Arouet » 07 Aug 2012, 03:44

cecil1 wrote:Well my suspicions were incorrect JREF finally allowed me onto the boards it took 3 tries and a thread on scepcop to do it but they have proved to be capable of intellectual honesty to a certain degree. I stand corrected and what an excellent way for JREF to prove it's non-bias regarding real discussion.

Congrats. My advice if you don't want to be banned, is not to be belligent and insult people. Disagreement is allowed (and encouraged) but if you just go around insulting people you will be banned.
Arouet

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge