View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Denied registration w/o reason JREF

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Denied registration w/o reason JREF

Postby Arouet » 03 Aug 2012, 04:14

cecil1 wrote:Arouet: Yes I sent an email directly to Lisa Simpson, do you think this was not the best way to get confirmation why I was denied registration so quickly with no reason given?

No. I don't. I think the first thing to do would be to simply try again. If you don't have success the second time, then I would send the email.

Go ahead and create a cecil1, imitation is a high form of admiration.

ok, maybe I will!

One another note, what conspiracy do you think is going on here Arouet?

You alleged this is a conspiracy, what conspiracy do you think this is?

I don't recall alleging this was a consipiracy. You were the one who did this. I suspect you simply didn't fill in the forms correctly.

Oh and ninja puppy, my brain is protected by my skull :)

JREFers are not the sharpest on the block, weve seen that with Arouet here. (I've seen his avatar and handle on jref myself.)

Yes, we are all thankful that you are here, to raise the average IQ!
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Aug 2012, 04:50

Arouet wrote:Yes, we are all thankful that you are here, to raise the average IQ!

Hey Arouet, are you saying that I don't have a high IQ? :(

I'll have you know that my IQ is much larger than my bustline and that's pretty darned big! Not that at this age, both of these things need a lot of help being raised.
NinjaPuppy

Postby cecil1 » 03 Aug 2012, 05:12

Arouet wrote:No. I don't. I think the first thing to do would be to simply try again. If you don't have success the second time, then I would send the email.

Why do you think asking the registration admin would be less effective than repeating the failed process?
You don't think going to the source is more effective than repeating a failed process?
Why would you repeat a failed process instead of confirming why the process failed?

Arouet wrote:ok, maybe I will!

I would take it as a compliment. You obviously admire me.

Arouet wrote:I don't recall alleging this was a consipiracy. You were the one who did this. I suspect you simply didn't fill in the forms correctly.

Neither do I, so why did you bring conspiracy into the conversation? /Boggle

I suspect JREF is afraid of the information I bring to the table and I suspect JREF cannot debate with intelligence to the level I can.

You have proved me correct in that regard to this point in time.

Arouet wrote:Yes, we are all thankful that you are here, to raise the average IQ!

IQ is on the human level.
Remember our conversation way back a month ago?
I spoke of a higher intelligence than the egotistical mind.

Your example shines light on this facet wonderfully. Thanks Arouet :)
cecil1

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Aug 2012, 05:19

cecil1 wrote:Why do you think asking the registration admin would be less effective than repeating the failed process?

Because if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
cecil1 wrote:You don't think going to the source is more effective than repeating a failed process?

Obviously going to the source has taken much more time than trying again.
cecil1 wrote:Why would you repeat a failed process instead of confirming why the process failed?

In this particular case it may have be a simple computer/internet glitch. Your submission of information may have coincided with a server reset or some other such happening. This kind of crap happens all the time with these registration pages.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 03 Aug 2012, 05:40

cecil1 wrote:Why do you think asking the registration admin would be less effective than repeating the failed process?

Because if you made a simple error then simply re-applying and taking care to make sure its filled in properly will result in a much quicker resolution - given that no matter what the response, you're likely going to have to re-complete it anyway.

You don't think going to the source is more effective than repeating a failed process?

Not when the likely issue is that you just made a simple error. When I log into this site, it will sometimes tell me that my login/password didn't go through. Should I email Winston or Ninja? Or should I check my typing and try again?

Why would you repeat a failed process instead of confirming why the process failed?

I would almost always repeat the process, taking more care than the first time, prior to going for help from someone else.

I would take it as a compliment. You obviously admire me.

Tell you what I'll do for you. If you will PM me your email address - not your password, just email (you can create a new hotmail account for it if you like) I will register the name cecil1 for you over there, connect it to your email, and tell you the password. Or if I have the same problem you did, will tell you what my results are.

Neither do I, so why did you bring conspiracy into the conversation? /Boggle

You seemed to suggest this happened because they were afraid to let you join. That is the conspiracy I was referring to. Perhaps you didn't mean to suggest that?

I suspect JREF is afraid of the information I bring to the table and I suspect JREF cannot debate with intelligence to the level I can.

Oh, so you did mean to suggest that and you know of which conspiracy I was referring.
Arouet

Postby cecil1 » 03 Aug 2012, 06:10

Arouet wrote:Because if you made a simple error then simply re-applying and taking care to make sure its filled in properly will result in a much quicker resolution - given that no matter what the response, you're likely going to have to re-complete it anyway.

The quickest resolution offered was to email the head admin directly which I did, do you disagree with the head admin and if so why?

Arouet wrote:Not when the likely issue is that you just made a simple error. When I log into this site, it will sometimes tell me that my login/password didn't go through. Should I email Winston or Ninja? Or should I check my typing and try again?

This is not a login password issue, it is a registration issue which has not been replied to by the head admin even though she was contacted.
The registration was cancelled within several hours of applying and all fields were filled correctly. Seeing as you are in the dark as to exactly what was entered into the fields and I am not, I would know what would be a better route to take, I choose to confirm directly with the source of the rejection as per the rejection notice and not waste time reapplying with a failed process. The most likely reason is a hand wave lacking an actual reason. Not sure how you're missing that, most likely on purpose.

Arouet wrote:I would almost always repeat the process, taking more care than the first time, prior to going for help from someone else.

The level of care used to apply was at maximum, I really wanted to post some interesting topics on the JREF board.
I took alot of time entering the required fields with care which by the way as you should know was not very much surprisingly!

Arouet wrote:Tell you what I'll do for you. If you will PM me your email address - not your password, just email (you can create a new hotmail account for it if you like) I will register the name cecil1 for you over there, connect it to your email, and tell you the password. Or if I have the same problem you did, will tell you what my results are.

I thought you wanted to register the handle cecil1 as your own? Is there a rule against multiple accounts on JREF? Is there a rule against sharing accounts on JREF?

Arouet wrote:You seemed to suggest this happened because they were afraid to let you join. That is the conspiracy I was referring to. Perhaps you didn't mean to suggest that?

No, you projected your own beliefs into the situation, I mentioned no conspiracy, you did, and I think there is none here, merely a fear of my presence on those boards. The reason I suspect you mentioned conspiracy is because you assumed I thought there might be, most likely because you're intent is to misconstrue my words on purpose. Seeing as this is the most likely reason why not reapply your sentence in the correct context instead of misconstrueing the words and meaning? Or will you go to the source?

Arouet wrote:Oh, so you did mean to suggest that and you know of which conspiracy I was referring.

So you mean to miscontrue my words meaning to fit your projected belief system as per usual?
cecil1

Postby cecil1 » 03 Aug 2012, 06:20

Ninjapuppy wrote:Because if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

When all else fails... read the instructions! :D
cecil1

Postby Arouet » 03 Aug 2012, 06:21

cecil1 wrote:The quickest resolution offered was to email the head admin directly which I did, do you disagree with the head admin and if so why?

I gave you my reasons above.

This is not a login password issue, it is a registration issue which has not been replied to by the head admin even though she was contacted.
The registration was cancelled within several hours of applying and all fields were filled correctly. Seeing as you are in the dark as to exactly what was entered into the fields and I am not, I would know what would be a better route to take, I choose to confirm directly with the source of the rejection as per the rejection notice and not waste time reapplying with a failed process. The most likely reason is a hand wave lacking an actual reason. Not sure how you're missing that, most likely on purpose.

You've spent more time complaining about it then it would have taken to re-apply. I don't think time-wasting is an issue for you!

I thought you wanted to register the handle cecil1 as your own? Is there a rule against multiple accounts on JREF? Is there a rule against sharing accounts on JREF?

Nope - I'm happy with my handle. I was going to do it for you! So do you want me to or not? (I know you have a hard time answering direct questions, so I assume you'll dodge this again)

No, you projected your own beliefs into the situation, I mentioned no conspiracy, you did, and I think there is none here, merely a fear of my presence on those boards.

hmm, you are saying: I didn't mention any conspiracy, but here, let me repeat the conspiracy I mentioned!

Since you often need things to be explicit I'll lay it out: the conspiracy I was referring to you referring to was that they rejected you because they fear your presence on those boards.

The reason I suspect you mentioned conspiracy is because you assumed I thought there might be, most likely because you're intent is to misconstrue my words on purpose.

No, the reasons I mentioned it was because you specifically suggested that you thought they were conspiring to keep you off the board.

Seeing as this is the most likely reason why not reapply your sentence in the correct context instead of misconstrueing the words and meaning? Or will you go to the source?

Use whatever word you like if you don't like conspiracy.

So you mean to miscontrue my words meaning to fit your projected belief system as per usual?

Your words speak for themselves.

So: will you give me an email address to use to see if I can successfully register for you. Actuallyh, I would like you to register, I think it could make for an entertaining thread.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Aug 2012, 06:34

Arouet wrote:. Actually, I would like you to register, I think it could make for an entertaining thread.

What???? And take all this fun away from this forum? You two are comedy gold. This sure beats watching re-runs of "The Mentalist".
NinjaPuppy

Postby cecil1 » 03 Aug 2012, 07:01

Arouet wrote:I gave you my reasons above.

So you disagree with the head admin then.
Curious.

Arouet wrote:You've spent more time complaining about it then it would have taken to re-apply. I don't think time-wasting is an issue for you!

That's interesting you use the word complain. I do not know why you would project that belief of yours but as stated earlier I suspect your intent is to misconstrue my words meaning.
I bring this matter up because of the reasons given in the OP.
Perhaps go back and re-read the reason given in the OP.

Arouet wrote:hmm, you are saying: I didn't mention any conspiracy, but here, let me repeat the conspiracy I mentioned!

Since you often need things to be explicit I'll lay it out: the conspiracy I was referring to you referring to was that they rejected you because they fear your presence on those boards.

How is JREF fearing me a conspiracy? Can you define conspiracy in the same context as JREF fearing me? Go ahead im very interested in reading your words how JREF fearing me is a conspiracy. You'll have to make the connection for me as I see none here.

Arouet wrote:No, the reasons I mentioned it was because you specifically suggested that you thought they were conspiring to keep you off the board.

How can JREF conspire to keep me off the board when they can do it in the open with no secret involved? /BOGGLED

Arouet wrote:Use whatever word you like if you don't like conspiracy.

I already did, I was merely correcting you. Surely you're used to that now right friend?

Arouet wrote:Your words speak for themselves.

Surely they do but your attempts to misconstrue them failed.
Why do you think that may be?

Arouet wrote:So: will you give me an email address to use to see if I can successfully register for you. Actuallyh, I would like you to register, I think it could make for an entertaining thread.

So when rob menard was banned from JREF for sharing his password on facebook doesn't faze you in the slightest as to the rules involved with sharing account information?

I prefer to follow the rules thanks but no thanks.
cecil1

Postby cecil1 » 03 Aug 2012, 07:01

NinjaPuppy wrote:What???? And take all this fun away from this forum? You two are comedy gold. This sure beats watching re-runs of "The Mentalist".

/Bow ;)
cecil1

Postby Arouet » 03 Aug 2012, 09:19

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Arouet wrote:. Actually, I would like you to register, I think it could make for an entertaining thread.

What???? And take all this fun away from this forum? You two are comedy gold. This sure beats watching re-runs of "The Mentalist".

The problem is, it starts fun, but he has no follow up so it just ends up repeating. And its always on the most BORING topics! This thread has pretty well run its course. Cecil - if you want me to try and register for you I will. I think it would make for some entertaining discussion over there. If you want me to, PM me an email address and I'll set up the account and pm you the password. Then you can change the email address and password associated with the account.

If you don't - then I won't. It's not that important to me.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Aug 2012, 10:10

Arouet wrote:The problem is, it starts fun, but he has no follow up so it just ends up repeating.

That's usually a skeptic move. :lol:
NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 03 Aug 2012, 10:35

i didn't think proponents ever found any skeptic reply to be fun!
Arouet

Postby cecil1 » 03 Aug 2012, 13:12

So boring that Arouet follows cecil1's posting history from other forums. :lol:

You have already stated Arouet that you're willing to break JREF forum rules to get me registered, but don't you think that would be considered disrespectful towards JREF? It got rob menard banned. What makes you think JREF wouldn't ban you for doing as much? Preferred treatment I suspect.

Oh and as for going no where, that would be you Arouet. Your lack of tact in debate blocks your ability to acknowledge the obvious intent in this thread, to deliver information to people interested in the handle cecil1, of the fact JREF denied registration to me with no reason given. You were interested enough to follow this oh so boring topic that you managed to take nowhere.

Be well my angry lawyer friend.
cecil1

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge