View Active Topics          Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts          Switch to Mobile

Denied registration w/o reason JREF

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Re: Denied registration w/o reason JREF

Postby Arouet » 02 Aug 2012, 09:55

Did you even try more than once?
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Aug 2012, 09:57

Arouet wrote:Did you even try more than once?

Is it known to be hard to get on the JREF site?
NinjaPuppy

Postby cecil1 » 02 Aug 2012, 09:57

When I worked with C/C orders for OpenBSD, Nigeria had alot of large web orders that always seemed to come up as stolen credit cards...

oh and ninja... lol . you make me laugh thanks.
cecil1

Postby cecil1 » 02 Aug 2012, 10:00

Arouet wrote:All it says is that you probably didn't fill in the application properly! How many times did you try?

Just try again!

It says the most likely reason, and I did email Lisa Directly.

We shall see.
cecil1

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Aug 2012, 10:06

cecil1 wrote:oh and ninja... lol . you make me laugh thanks.

You're welcome.... and I bet that Lisa isn't as funny as I am. ;)
NinjaPuppy

Postby Arouet » 02 Aug 2012, 10:22

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Arouet wrote:Did you even try more than once?

Is it known to be hard to get on the JREF site?

I know its easy to miss a section while applying for a site. He seems to have tried one time, not attempted again, and made a whole thread about it alleging a conspiracy before even getting a response to his email.

So cecil: I'll ask again: did you try more than once?
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Aug 2012, 10:43

Arouet wrote:I know its easy to miss a section while applying for a site. He seems to have tried one time, not attempted again, and made a whole thread about it alleging a conspiracy before even getting a response to his email.

Not quite a conspiracy if you ask me but the OP Subject Header is: Denied registration w/o reason JREF and he certainly did get a reason.
*Automated response* Unfortunately we couldn’t complete your registration for the JREF Forum. We do not retain details of accounts that have not been approved however the most likely reason is that some required information wasn’t entered during the registration process (First name, Last name, Country and State if in the USA). Please either try again to register or drop me an email and I will do my best to sort out any problems you may be experiencing.

I'd probably have similar thoughts toward something like this if I had tried to join the JREF and I got an auto-response. Of course I doubt I'll be attempting to join the JREF any time in the near future as they're probably kick my ass in 2 posts or less. :lol:
NinjaPuppy

Postby ProfWag » 02 Aug 2012, 20:50

There is currently a member on the JREF named Cecil. Perhaps the the name was too close? I don't follow that forum much any more, but back in the day when I was, they loved non-skeptics. Probably because they love to torment on there, but a personal belief shouldn't matter whether they accept a registration.
ProfWag

Postby Arouet » 02 Aug 2012, 23:13

NinjaPuppy wrote:I'd probably have similar thoughts toward something like this if I had tried to join the JREF and I got an auto-response. Of course I doubt I'll be attempting to join the JREF any time in the near future as they're probably kick my ass in 2 posts or less. :lol:

You're too polite to ever be banned by JREF. The people who get banned (from what I've seen) are those that become belligerent. As PW said: the regs over there would love to discuss with cecil. though if he comes in with his whole canadian legislation thing he might not get as many responses than if he came in saying he had some psi ability.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Aug 2012, 02:43

Arouet wrote:
NinjaPuppy wrote:I'd probably have similar thoughts toward something like this if I had tried to join the JREF and I got an auto-response. Of course I doubt I'll be attempting to join the JREF any time in the near future as they're probably kick my ass in 2 posts or less. :lol:

You're too polite to ever be banned by JREF.

I didn't say banned, I said they'd kick my butt. I've seen those guys in action. :shock:
NinjaPuppy

Postby cecil1 » 03 Aug 2012, 03:02

Well the most likely reason is not a reason, that's a hand wave avoiding the actual reason.

All fields were filled correctly.

No reply from Lisa Simpson I emailed her directly.

If this is a conspiracy what conspiracy do you think this would be Arouet, since you mentioned conspiracy i'm interested in what you think it would be?

I think it's because they are afraid of getting their asses handed to them in debate, that's not a conspiracy, that's fear.
cecil1

Postby Arouet » 03 Aug 2012, 03:25

Cecil: simple question: have you tried again? Yes or no?

If you don't answer maybe I'll just have to see if I can create an account using the handle "cecil1" and then we can negotiate for the rights to it!
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Aug 2012, 03:41

cecil1 wrote:I think it's because they are afraid of getting their asses handed to them in debate, that's not a conspiracy, that's fear.

You may be able to hand them their asses but they will eat your brain.
NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » 03 Aug 2012, 03:43

Arouet wrote:I'll just have to see if I can create an account using the handle "cecil1" and then we can negotiate for the rights to it!

Negotiate? Who are you, GoDaddy.com?
NinjaPuppy

Postby cecil1 » 03 Aug 2012, 03:57

Arouet: Yes I sent an email directly to Lisa Simpson, do you think this was not the best way to get confirmation why I was denied registration so quickly with no reason given?

Go ahead and create a cecil1, imitation is a high form of admiration.

One another note, what conspiracy do you think is going on here Arouet?

You alleged this is a conspiracy, what conspiracy do you think this is?

Oh and ninja puppy, my brain is protected by my skull :)

JREFers are not the sharpest on the block, weve seen that with Arouet here. (I've seen his avatar and handle on jref myself.)
cecil1

PreviousNext

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge