[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Denied registration w/o reason JREF : JREF / Randi Challenge • SCEPCOP Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Latest 100 Topics          Switch to Mobile

Denied registration w/o reason JREF

Discussions about the James Randi Educational Foundation and its Million Dollar Challenge.

Denied registration w/o reason JREF

Postby cecil1 » 02 Aug 2012, 08:35

Hi folks!
Hope everyone is doing well.

I tried registering for the JREF forums as a test to see if they are truly a non-biased organization as they claim.

For unknown reasons they cancelled my registration request, no reason was given, I emailed Lisa Simpson personally and asked if the problem whatever it was could be resolved.

The reason I post this info here is to show anyone interested (I have no idea who would be and who wouldn't be) in the handle cecil1 that JREF refused an account to me as I requested the moniker cecil1.

Anyways JREF doesn't seem to want to debunk anything I have to say, case closed apparently!

Have a great day everyone and be well :)
cecil1

Re: Denied registration w/o reason JREF

Postby Arouet » 02 Aug 2012, 08:56

Hey cecil1! Welcome back!

I'm wondering if you are leaving anything out of the story?

Did you previously have a JREF account that was banned? Did you put anything in the application that might raise red flags?
Anything else that might hint at why you weren't approved?
Arouet

Postby cecil1 » 02 Aug 2012, 09:09

Thanks for the completely civil reply Arouet I reciprocate.

Nothing is left out of the story here unfortunately :(

No red flags were visible in my eyes, I Gave my correct information as requested by the forum application webpage.

First name last name etc etc... actually they didn't ask for much personal info besides birthday and real name, that surprised me.

I thought JREF would be estatic about being able to debunk me personally, I thought wrong... how odd :)

Be well sir.
cecil1

Postby cecil1 » 02 Aug 2012, 09:11

Oh and no I have never applied for a registration for JREF ever before today, they were lightning fast at deleting the application account however... lightning fast as within 3-4 hours, lightning sure has slowed down since I was a lad:)

(p.s. that was a joke :))
cecil1

Postby Arouet » 02 Aug 2012, 09:13

did you formally have a JREF account?

Did you try more than once?

Are you certain you did everything correctly?

Did you get a response? Can you post it here?

How do you know your request was denied?
Arouet

Postby cecil1 » 02 Aug 2012, 09:27

No.

As stated I emailed Lisa Simpson personally and asked if the problem (whatever the problem may be) could be resolved by any means.

I followed the instructions as best I could.

The response was an automatic account deletion without approval.

The account was deleted before it was approved via email notice to my email address I registered with.

I wonder why they won't approve my registration... JREF debunks faslehoods so why wouldn't they rejoice at being able to debunk cecil1?

I guess the world will never know why JREF deleted my account for no reasons given.
cecil1

Postby cecil1 » 02 Aug 2012, 09:29

Am I allowed to post the deletion message from my email address?

It might serve as evidence.
cecil1

Postby Arouet » 02 Aug 2012, 09:36

Post whatever you like. Ninja will delete it if its inappropriate.
Arouet

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Aug 2012, 09:37

NinjaPuppy

Postby cecil1 » 02 Aug 2012, 09:42

Dear cecil1, *Automated response* Unfortunately we couldn’t complete your registration for the JREF Forum. We do not retain details of accounts that have not been approved however the most likely reason is that some required information wasn’t entered during the registration process (First name, Last name, Country and State if in the USA). Please either try again to register or drop me an email and I will do my best to sort out any problems you may be experiencing. **Note** my email address is lisa_simpson@randi.org, if you reply to the email address this email was sent from (jrefweb@gmail.com) it will cause a delay in our response to any query you may have, Regards Lisa Simpsonlisa_simpson@randi.orgJREF Forum Administrator

Ahhh wordwrap, the format changed upon the copy paste.

The email that sent this message is: JREF Forum(jrefweb@gmail.com)
August-01-12 4:41:46 PM

Not sure if I want to post my email on the site here, probably wise not to.

Anyways very curious stuff! Anxiously awaiting Lisa Simpsons reply! (if I even get one)
cecil1

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Aug 2012, 09:44

NinjaPuppy

Postby cecil1 » 02 Aug 2012, 09:47

What is weird is I remember filling out all the details accurately and correctly.

Not sure if I was supposed to cut out the jref emails or not ninja.

I just thought it would show that I do have correspondence with the JREF email system.
cecil1

Postby Arouet » 02 Aug 2012, 09:48

All it says is that you probably didn't fill in the application properly! How many times did you try?

Just try again!
Arouet

Postby cecil1 » 02 Aug 2012, 09:52

Here is what I sent Lisa Simpson:

Subject: acct removed?

Hi my name is Matthew and the handle I registered at JREF was cecil1. JREF seems unable to process the registration form I applied for, is there some trouble involved with activating an acct for me?

Please let me know how it can be resolved.
Thanks and have a great day!

Matt.
cecil1

Postby NinjaPuppy » 02 Aug 2012, 09:53

NinjaPuppy

Next

Return to JREF / Randi Challenge